Options
    2nd amendment is GOAT
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    which of these explanations would you prefer:
    -sorry about the Constitution, dudes
    -millions of guns (including mine) not committing mass shootings right now
    -gun violence has been decreasing for decades, so aren't we really talking about sensational crimes as opposed to gun violence in general
    -root causes of violence not getting addressed by clutching pearls
    -the questionable Mass Shooting Tracker can ? off
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

this one. Just another ? destructive part of the Constitution, like the slavery provisions.

? Thomas Jefferson.

But whatever.

sigh, i despise everything about gun politics at this point. i'm tired of people that think more laws can fix everything and i'm tired of people that think MORE GUNS can fix everything

I just take this out on you because I'm so baffled at this being "normal" now and you're so much reasonable than your......fellow travelers. I spent most of my blogging time on lefty blogs and they don't understand why we don't just push to REPEAL the 2nd amendment and ban them all. I try to explain how unfeasible gun confiscation is, how the Far-Right basically wants them to go for it so they can finally justify shooting all the hippies, and then I realize that I'm basically arguing that there's no hope, that the only way to "fix" this is with a civil war that kills everyone anyway probably, that you just have to accept it. What a ? nation.

Like, you said you keep your guns locked up. Christ man, you know how many of these gun-worshipping ? would ? on you for that alone? GUN SAFES ? . What happens if ISIS burst through your window RIGHT NOW? Why, they'll shoot you before you can unlock your safe, idiot! My safety is UP HERE. *points to skull*

Oh and one of the guns used today was bought legally which means the Right Wing WILL be in favor of gun confiscation............taking guns away from Muslims, that is. I mean, gun shops across the nation have already started doing this of their own accord. How ? hypocritical is that? Given the monopoly far-right ? have on the firearm industry, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes very difficult for any American with a vaguely middle eastern name - or tan skinned with a beard like myself - to legally buy a pistol in the near future.

i'll give you this Janklow, at least you'll be one of those Libertarians going "Hey, wait a minute......" when President ? promises to "only" take the guns away from those scary muslims and blacks
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gun rights and the 2nd amendment aren't the problem overall. The REAL problem is America's culture of violence, from the government on down. When so many Americans see the govt can ? and maim people worldwide, for all kinds of stupid reasons, Americans rationally think: Hey, why can't I solve my problems by killing?

It's not the guns, it's America's love and obsession with violence. American govt officials believe it can solve the world's problems by violence, so it's only rational that so many Americans feel their problems can also be solved by violence. Until America's culture of violence and bloodshed is dealt with, nothing will change.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And rumor is this was a terror attack anyway....word is ISIS affiliates are claiming responsibility for this
  • janklow
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    this one. Just another ? destructive part of the Constitution, like the slavery provisions.
    ? Thomas Jefferson.
    But whatever.
    honestly, if people are like "i hate that the Constitution says this," i don't agree but i understand the sentiment. it bothers me more when people try to be slick with the reading than when they just HATE that ? .
    I spent most of my blogging time on lefty blogs and they don't understand why we don't just push to REPEAL the 2nd amendment and ban them all. I try to explain how unfeasible gun confiscation is, how the Far-Right basically wants them to go for it so they can finally justify shooting all the hippies
    see, my general issue when arguing with this mentality it gets paired with confusion as to why gun people don't compromise on legislation. because, uh, we know where you want this to go?
    Like, you said you keep your guns locked up. Christ man, you know how many of these gun-worshipping ? would ? on you for that alone? GUN SAFES ? .
    well, i mean, i AM a gun-worshipping ? ?
    also, i can argue out the whole "safe storage law" concept, but ultimately there's a break between people saying "punish people after the fact if they do something wrong" and "laws will prevent people from doing stupid stuff." and, you know, i agree with the former.

funny thing is that most gun people i know are about safe storage BUT fight it if it's a mandatory thing.
    Oh and one of the guns used today was bought legally-
    presumably the rifles will be proven to be illegal in California, which will break down into "illegal non-CA guns are killing CA" and "laws are never going to stop people from illegally modifying guns."
    i'll give you this Janklow, at least you'll be one of those Libertarians going "Hey, wait a minute......" when President ? promises to "only" take the guns away from those scary muslims and blacks
    ironically, on principle i am always arguing with gun people who are up in arms about SCARY Muslims (TBH i don't think i have ever heard one being anti-black), so basically, i get fussed at by people who hate guns and people who like guns and hate Muslims.

luckily, i have my giant pile of guns to keep me warm
  • janklow
    Options
    And rumor is this was a terror attack anyway....word is ISIS affiliates are claiming responsibility for this
    i have a theory that this will be some random crazy dude who sympathized with ISIS, not a real ISIS thing

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

? Thomas Jefferson.

But whatever.

Oh and one of the guns used today was bought legally which means the Right Wing WILL be in favor of gun confiscation............taking guns away from Muslims, that is. I mean, gun shops across the nation have already started doing this of their own accord. How ? hypocritical is that? Given the monopoly far-right ? have on the firearm industry, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes very difficult for any American with a vaguely middle eastern name - or tan skinned with a beard like myself - to legally buy a pistol in the near future.

/quote]

To be fair to your first point there was talk of outlawing slavery in the constitution at first but southern states got so butthurt that there was no way that it could be added and the country put up a united front. Doesn't excuse Jefferson, Washington and etc describing slavery as moral wrong while owning upwards to 100.

To the second part i know many dealers including myself who have no problem selling to Muslims as long as they are legally able to purchase.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babylon is falling
  • janklow
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    To the second part i know many dealers including myself who have no problem selling to Muslims as long as they are legally able to purchase.
    reminds me of the time i bought a used Beretta 92 and discovered the original owner had left his original purchase paperwork in with the used gun (he'd bought it from the same shop some years back). obviously i don't know his religious background, but he was definitely from Baghdad. but shout out to that guy for enabling me to get a smashing price on a 92FS with a threaded barrel.

• BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scare tactics,I bet more people have died from "non mass" shootings...
  • A Ghost
    A Ghost Members Posts: 368
    Options
    they considered a whole bunch of gang shootings at "mass shootings" that doesnt count to me
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Ghost wrote: »
    they considered a whole bunch of gang shootings at "mass shootings" that doesnt count to me

At @janklow can you ban this ? ? . In every forum he upping all threads
  • A Ghost
    A Ghost Members Posts: 368
    Options
    @janklow its Funky dont listen to him i need to make some threads. hes getting all emotional
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is this yellow journalism? How does this compare to the last 5 years, percentage-wise, not raw numbers?