The Official 2015/2016 Atlanta Falcons Thread

Options
167891012»

Comments

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea...Matt's funky ass had a solid game. Don't sleep on Hardy. He out there doing work.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Welp......it's the offseason.

Anybody have any realistic opinions on how to continue "retooling" the squad through the draft and FA?

Positions of need IMO

OFFENSE
    Center --- Panthers' fan was in the skybox asking me if that's our backup. "He ? up the snap 3 or 4 times in the 1st half."

Guard --- That pocket needs to be cleaned up 'just a little more' in pass-protection

Wide Receiver --- It's a need but very low on the priority(probably last).

Tightend --- Tamme is good but he should be our #2TE.

DEFENSE

DE --- Vic is playing well but he needs another year or two before we see his full potential. A mid-tier pass-rusher slightly better than Clayborn will help Vic out with his development.

OLB --- The current LB Core we have is the best Matt Ryan has ever had but still needs a little tweaking because that's not saying much.

MLB --- I like the Wheeler pickup but he's a backup at best. Worrilow needs to sit his ass down somewhere. All hustle, no talent.

SS --- ? Mo....Always recovering. Has this ? ever played 16 games a season?

• numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    DRAFT

I say we should trade back to increase our amount of picks(get 2 picks late in the 1st round). With only 5 picks(no 5th or 6th round) we have to hit on the ones we have left.

1st round: OG & SS --- 2 Quality starters can be picked from this position late in the 1st round.

2nd round: MLB --- this pick would be great for depth and development into a starter in 2 or 3 years.

3rd round: Wide Receiver --- Roddy White's replacement. 3rd round means he won't have the pressure of having an immediate impact. 3rd round receivers usually have flaws but can contribute with the right role. We don't need speed (Julio and Hardy covers that). We need hands, height and seperation.

4th round: DE --- Rotational guy.....Bierman or Clayborn will be gone next season

7th round: FS --- Strictly for depth...stop paying Godfrey just to sit on the bench.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Free Agency

Center: Ben Jones --- Proven, veteran center experienced in our zone-blocking scheme. This allows Person to move to LG to take Levitre's spot. Those 2 compete with a rookie OG for those two OG positions.

OLB: Bruce Irvin --- Bring him in, move Reed to MLB and with Durant on the other side.....we'll have a solid LB group.

DE: Best proven pass-rusher available. Blank needs to cut the check.

TE: ???? --- another TE as good as Tamme will help Shannahan with his wack ass double TE sets that he loves to do.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good win. Panthers have looked less impressive lately. Still a quality team. Just haven't looked like juggernauts
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Good win. Panthers have looked less impressive lately. Still a quality team. Just haven't looked like juggernauts

Falcons were not a 5-0 team. Folks were right and I knew it. Lol, ? you knew that I knew it. Problem is they aren't as bad as ppl think they are now. That 6 game losing streak was some ? . Winston running and converting on 3rd and 18 and ? . A whole bunch of fuckery. Carolina is still a great team imo. Quinn just made some adjustments. One of the Patriots' fans on here said it best....you never know what you'll get with the Falcons except inconsistency.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Falcons were not a 5-0 team. Folks were right and I knew it. Lol, ? you knew that I knew it. Problem is they aren't as bad as ppl think they are now. That 6 game losing streak was some ? . Winston running and converting on 3rd and 18 and ? . A whole bunch of fuckery. Carolina is still a great team imo. Quinn just made some adjustments. One of the Patriots' fans on here said it best....you never know what you'll get with the Falcons except inconsistency.

My girl had to tell me I was getting too loud at the bar when the bolded happened.

I think they're slipping because the defense is starting to give up points. Saints, Giants, and Falcons shouldn't be 2 close calls and a loss. Still a quality team that definitely deserves respect, but not what I saw earlier. They're probably gonna try to ? the Bucs on Sunday. May work. Our pass rush and secondary is suspect
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Just have to knock Cam on his ass a few times. Put ya best cb on Ginn, double team Olsen and "contain" the running game.

Falcons had the right formula. Cam has only beat Quinn once out of 4 games.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just have to knock Cam on his ass a few times. Put ya best cb on Ginn, double team Olsen and "contain" the running game.

We weren't as physical as we've been all year and y'all controlled the clock and got off the field on 3rd down. We probably could have run for 200 yards on y'all, but we couldn't extend drives. Hats off to Matt Ryan though, he made some big throws on 3rd down after getting beat up in the first half.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    804 wrote: »

We weren't as physical as we've been all year and y'all controlled the clock and got off the field on 3rd down. We probably could have run for 200 yards on y'all, but we couldn't extend drives. Hats off to Matt Ryan though, he made some big throws on 3rd down after getting beat up in the first half.

We couldn't stop Fozzy. From what I seen, Quinn basically said ? trying to stop the run. He just kept a spy on Cam, bumped Olsen at the LOS, did a lot more blitzing and had our best cb shadow Ginn. We had our #2 cb on him last game Ginn ? on him. Vic Beasley finally played up to his draft pick status. He was ? Cam off. In between timeouts, they stayed into it.

Roddy was punching Tilman in the pile, that's why Tilman got that penalty in the 1st quarter.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    804 wrote: »

We couldn't stop Fozzy. From what I seen, Quinn basically said ? trying to stop the run. He just kept a spy on Cam, bumped Olsen at the LOS, did a lot more blitzing and had our best cb shadow Ginn. We had our #2 cb on him last game Ginn ? on him. Vic Beasley finally played up to his draft pick status. He was ? Cam off. In between timeouts, they stayed into it.

Roddy was punching Tilman in the pile, that's why Tilman got that penalty in the 1st quarter.

Artis-Payne was getting off too. Coleman ? falling down on the big play to Julio, if he stays up right, he makes the tackle or possibly breaks up the catch. We held Freeman in check for the most part. Shut down in the first half, but he made some good plays in the second half, the move he put on Kuechly in the backfield that would have been a big loss comes to mind. We gotta get back to playing mean nasty football on defense. Falcons pass rush showed up though, that's for sure.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If its true that Buff is going to release Mario Williams the Falcons need to get him...... Just pay the man, we need a pass rush.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    If its true that Buff is going to release Mario Williams the Falcons need to get him...... Just pay the man, we need a pass rush.

And.....

LG, RG, OC, MLB, OLB, SS, #2WR, #1TE and DT

It's going to take 3 years. Right on time for Deshaun Watson's draft.

It's single coverage on Roddy and Julio but you throw into triple coverage to a dam RB. ? dude mane and Durant played like ? . Him and his injuries can go too. Alford and Godfrey played great.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »

And.....

LG, RG, OC, MLB, OLB, SS, #2WR, #1TE and DT

It's going to take 3 years. Right on time for Deshaun Watson's draft.

It's single coverage on Roddy and Julio but you throw into triple coverage to a dam RB. ? dude mane and Durant played like ? . Him and his injuries can go too. Alford and Godfrey played great.

Yea I think it will be 2-3 years before we can really contend for a ship. This draft Id like to see us draft an OLB, SS, DT and WR. Rather see us bring in a MLB, DE(Mario Williams), and OLinemen through free agency.

Time to move on from ? Mo, Bierman and Tyson Jackson. And they need to either move Brooks Reed to MLB or admit that was a bad signing and release him too.

As far as the offense hopefully Matt Ryan will be better in year 2 under Kyle Shanahan, cause we stuck with Matt for at least 3 more years and word is Kyle coming back for at least one more year. But we need a WR, TE and OLinemen. They fix the issue with putting the ball on the ground and we should be ok. Not sold on Shanahan but we stuck with him another year.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd love to know what's going on in Arthur Blank's mind. It seems obvious that TD should have been fired yet he still remains.

Call me crazy but I think it would be best for this team if Devonta Freeman was traded for picks. Him having such a good year will possibly make him holdout and/or want a big contract. That puts a lot of money into three offensive positions with him, julio and ryan.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    I'd love to know what's going on in Arthur Blank's mind. It seems obvious that TD should have been fired yet he still remains.

Call me crazy but I think it would be best for this team if Devonta Freeman was traded for picks. Him having such a good year will possibly make him holdout and/or want a big contract. That puts a lot of money into three offensive positions with him, julio and ryan.

Funny you said that, when Freeman first started playing well I was saying they should trade Coleman for picks. But Colemen went out and had a ? year with fumbles at the worse time and knocking himself out in the shower.

TD should have been out of the building years ago, Ive never really like TD. I made a post about his track record 4 years ago and it just got worse. Stripped him of his duties when it comes to the draft but he still has say so in FA. He needs to be out of the building.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    All Coleman has to do is hold onto the ball and he can be better than Free. They should trade Roddy and Freeman for picks.

I like Free but he's a system RB and can be easily replaced. Terron Ward actually played well with the few touches outside of that ? kicking penalty.

Build the interior O-line and you can put anybody at RB. One more year out of Free will raise his trade value.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    All Coleman has to do is hold onto the ball and he can be better than Free. They should trade Roddy and Freeman for picks.

I like Free but he's a system RB and can be easily replaced. Terron Ward actually played well with the few touches outside of that ? kicking penalty.

Build the interior O-line and you can put anybody at RB. One more year out of Free will raise his trade value.

Me and my homeboy had this convo a few weeks back. Coleman has way more upside. He needs to get stronger in the offseason though.

Next year I expect them to split carries.

• suzyscrew
    Options
    Coleman was supposed to be the big play guy. If he can't hold on to the football, he won't play much. They won't get much for him. Free is a new Ray Rice type rb that does everything. I think they'd get more for him AND he's replaceable imo. I'd love it if they traded him for a 2nd and 4th round pick.

Of course, I know this won't happen. From the owner down to Matt Ryan, this organization has no ? to make a high reward decision.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Coleman just has to adjust to the speed of the game and that'll reduce his turnovers. That comes with more experience. A couple of his fumbles were because he was trying too hard and not going down.

He had one big 40 yard run where he was a half a second too late, trying to protect the ball before it was stripped.
  • georgiaboy89
    georgiaboy89 Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Options
    Gtfoh talking about trading freeman trade matt ryan
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Lol Chip Kelly is the only person dumb enough to trade for a 100 million dollar QB. We all seen how that worked out. We're stuck with Matty Icepick. At least, until his contract is up.

Freeman is expendable.....

Cheap, pro bowl RB has a higher trade value than a 100 million dollar QB with 21 TDs and 21 Turnovers.

Like I mentioned earlier, a good O-line made McFadden the 4th leading Rusher in the NFL this season. Improve the interior and Freeman, as great as he played, can be replaced.
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    ^ Matty Icepick. I know you're local if you know about that name.