Im going on a whole week without alcohol on wednesday!!!

13»

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Almost gave in last night. 2nd night with migraines. Some yak sounded lovely.

The nights are rough. Stayed up till about 4am.

Feels strange/good not feeling like ? in mornings tho

Hitting the gym really works for me. Like other people said you gotta stay busy to keep your mind off it
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I be doing weed breaks that's when I make a lot of threads
  • Bcotton5

For example these long weekends for Christmas and new years and the breaks with no school got me a lot of free time so I been getting ? up the past couple weeks lol
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y'all got a ? over here all proud of himself on some "i knew i wasn't that bad" ? . hahaha
    thank u!

im a social drinker..
    my problem tho is that i ALWAYS find myself in social environments. smmfh my last drink was a couple days ago..
    no plans of drinkin in the foreseeable future.. but I'm sure somethings gonna come up.. but I'm really trying to get in shape this year so I'm gonna be cutting back a lot until summer..

from that point on tho ? my liver. lol
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

For example these long weekends for Christmas and new years and the breaks with no school got me a lot of free time so I been getting ? up the past couple weeks lol

I work weekends so i got mon - fri off

This past weekend was the 1st time i didnt drink at work in about a year.

water4.gif

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, this week's study said people who have two drinks a day live the longest. People who drink more or less than that die sooner.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    I went to the grocery store and the stale beer stank from the can redemtion center made me wanna drink.

:/ now im sure i got problems

I bought a 6pack of club soda & a bunch of peanuts & pistachios

Im at 48hrs right now

DZ200Ra.gif

You need to go to AA too

? that

I was court ordered to go to NA & AA meetings back when i was 18-19yrs old

Hate those things

Those things made me want to drink more. Always drank right after

Then you didn't find the right meeting

Sorry but if the smell of old beer cans makes you want to drink

You have a serious problem

Went to multiple. Have u ever been to one? They are for a certain personality type and im not the one.
    AA is ? bruh. Tryna put tgat religion ? on me. I ain't even have faith yo lol
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Aye an IC support group doesn't sound bad.

this would actually be kinda dope.. im trying to kick the bottle for good this year... hoping today will be my starting point. got some new kick ass hours at the job ( was working 3p-11pm, now got them bank hours 9-5p) joined a gym thats right around the corner from the gig..

went to the doc. she told me for a functioning alky, im pretty healthy and my liver A1... but i know that ? wont last forever.. im 32 turn 33 this summer... not trying to be still on the bottle come then.

Thats GOAT bruh. I told myself this year I would stop drinking. It's the 5th and still ain't put the bottle down smh
  • Mr_Vicodin81G

Say bruh I went 2 rehab in may. Do you wake up with night sweats? I would wake up at 3 am just 2 take a shower cuz I was drenched in sweat
  • TheGOAT

Say bruh I went 2 rehab in may. Do you wake up with night sweats? I would wake up at 3 am just 2 take a shower cuz I was drenched in sweat

No i just cant sleep.

Insomnia.
  • TheGOAT
    Idk, this week's study said people who have two drinks a day live the longest. People who drink more or less than that die sooner.

Problem is stopping at 2

I go thru a fifth in 5days easy
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

No i just cant sleep.

Insomnia

i been drinking a good 12 years now. and just started experiencing this last year... ill get toasted and go to bed, i cant sleep more than a couple hours, and im back up. wide awake and usually angry cuz it still be the middle of the night smh.. i couldn't tell you the last time i got a good night rest. get off work in like 90 minutes.. trying to convince myself gym>liquor store
  • Bcotton5

Problem is stopping at 2

5th in 5 days? Lol I'll drink a fifth in a few hours.

I buy half gallons now
  • TheGOAT

Problem is stopping at 2

I buy half gallons now

Damn... Solo?

If im with a drinkin buddy we go thru a fifth in a couple hours but solo im more laid back with it.

And honestly the fifth is lasting 5days by way of additional beer and a stocked liqour cabinet.

It used to help by buying better more expensive bottle i would want to savor more but then i started just finishing them off as fast as the rest.

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a pretty bad addiction to vicodins a oxy from 15 to26 i stoped kus i went broke kus im a ? an thats all it took...same with alcohol but when i drink i embarass myself. Like naked runing down the street so after those days i slow down anyway
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is stopping at 2

I buy half gallons now

yeah when i was on that Liquor tough i used to drink half a fifth a night.. .. im a beer drinker now, been that way for a while now.
  • TheGOAT

Problem is stopping at 2

I buy half gallons now

yeah when i was on that Liquor tough i used to drink half a fifth a night.. .. im a beer drinker now, been that way for a while now.

Yall killin em bottles.

I sip yak. So i try to abide by the rules of how u treat a fine cognac. I have snifters and swirl and sniff and make sure its hand temp.

So cognac usually sets me at a slow steady pace. But its the more expensive drink.

But if i get a bottle of gin or whiskey and do a mix drink (gin&juice or whiskey ? ale) the bottle wont last more than 2 days.

Or tequilas im slammin shots.

....all this ? sounds good right now
  • Mr_Vicodin81G

Problem is stopping at 2

I buy half gallons now

Damn... Solo?

If im with a drinkin buddy we go thru a fifth in a couple hours but solo im more laid back with it.

And honestly the fifth is lasting 5days by way of additional beer and a stocked liqour cabinet.

It used to help by buying better more expensive bottle i would want to savor more but then i started just finishing them off as fast as the rest.
    Yeah bruh a 5th really ain't ? . I used 2 down a 5th daily til I was on papers
  • TheGOAT
    Maybe before i had kids i was at that level when me & my friends would drink liqour all day & night.

But having kids slowed me down.

Now i only drink at night from like 11pm-3am

Before kids i was shittin blood all the time & having side pains

• Mr_Vicodin81G
    I had a pretty bad addiction to vicodins a oxy from 15 to26 i stoped kus i went broke kus im a ? an thats all it took...same with alcohol but when i drink i embarass myself. Like naked runing down the street so after those days i slow down anyway
    I'm still on that pill tip. Vicodin is my vice. How many MG you do? I'm 2 the point where 40mg barely gets me there. My homie said I need 2 fall back or next thing I'll be on that junk. Cheaper than the 5 bucks a pill smfh
  • Bcotton5

Problem is stopping at 2

I buy half gallons now

Im a in shape muscular alchy lol, i stopped beer like 3 years ago cause it ? my abs up
  • TheGOAT
    I made it 7days.

Drinking now at a bar wit homies.

Off patron & stella
  • Bcotton5
    I made it 7days.

Drinking now at a bar wit homies.

Off patron & stella

Try cutting back more and more slowly. Try to get down to only weekend drinking