Quentin Tarantino Updates On '? Bill 3': 'I Am Talking To Uma About It'

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
[img]http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/GLOB/crop/1365x724+0+8/resize/660x350!/format/jpg/quality/85/http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/68e72447145fdb20b0a7cfaece654e37/203198304/? +bill.jpg[/img]

Here comes The Bride ... again? It has been more than a decade since Quentin Tarantino and Uma Thurman collaborated for the two-part martial arts epic, "? Bill: Vol 1" (2003) and "? Bill: Vol. 2" (2004). What about Vol. 3? Quentin has hemmed and hawed about it for a while now, saying back in 2009 that he planned to make "? Bill 3" in "couple years." Then again, back in 2013 he said he doesn't think about "? Bill 3" that much at all.

But when Variety recently asked if "? Bill 3" was still a possibility, QT gave a hopeful answer:

I'm not committing to it, but I wouldn't be surprised if The Bride made one more appearance before the whole thing is said and done. I am talking to Uma about it just a little bit. Some of the stuff that I'd written that never made it into the movie that maybe I could use."

It's possible/probable that, if "Vol. 3" ever goes ahead, the story would follow Vernita Green's (Vivica A. Fox) daughter Nikki seeking revenge for her mother's death.

Quentin has also mentioned only wanting to direct 10 movies, and with eight out of the way -- with "The Hateful Eight" -- would he want to make Vol. 3 one of his final two films? Or would Vol. 3 still count as part of the one of "? Bill"? Or should we just blow off his plan to only direct 10?

Do you hope QT and Uma do reunite for "Vol. 3" or should they just leave this one alone?

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Zoe Saldana would make a dope Verneeta Green's daughter.

Too old. I think i heard qt wanted the girl to be 10 years older which would make her a teen or early 20s
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Too old. I think i heard qt wanted the girl to be 10 years older which would make her a teen or early 20s

I dunno any young black female martial artist. Maybe that Zendaya chick that plays storm in the new x men.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    would be cool if he got the actual actress from the original to reprise the role. but ? never works out like that
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    would be cool if he got the actual actress from the original to reprise the role. but ? never works out like that

That was always his plan. It's why it's taken so long for ? Beatrix.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He did.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    it's about ? time and quentin tarantino is too young to retire
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not putting any stock in this. I'll believe it when there's a final script and production dates

Right. I remember Quentin saying that its not likely to happen. The only thing that is on the horizon for the ? bill franchise is something called "The Whole ? Affair".

• FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doubt it'll happen. QT has yet to make a sequel to any of his movies, ? Bill Vol. 1 and 2 are just the same movie split in half so Vol 2 doesn't count as a sequel
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qts Sway interview he also discusses a possible film about the return of Sam Jacksons character from Pulp Fiction
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Always ? me up how Kenard was played by the same kid who said "It's my turn to be Omar!" in Season 3....
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Movie 9 should be the whole D.I.V.A. prequel movie with a new Bill (obviously since RIP Carradine) forming that squad, the missions, and the eventual fallout, ending with Bill's bullet to Beatrix's head.

Movie 10 should be ? Beatrix...a fitting finale for the franchise, and for Quentin if he truly wants to ride out.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

That was always his plan. It's why it's taken so long for ? Beatrix.

dope if it happens, and if this will be the name....
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tarantino's Next Film Is Gonna Be A Spaghetti Western In Space With Blacksploitiation Elements Were The Vega Brothers Have To Retrieve A Golden Pack Of Red Apple Cigarettes While Eating A Royale With Cheese From Big Kahuna Burger While Having A 3 Hour Conversation With ? Played By Sam Jackson...It Will Be Shot In Black & White On 8mm Film and Mono Sound Cameo Appearances By "Force Ghosts" Nice Guy Eddie "Bill" Ed Asner As Himself Sonny Chiba And Sergio Leone

james-harden-sideeye-gif.gif

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the little girl that played colombiana would be a perfect fit
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Tarantino's Next Film Is Gonna Be A Spaghetti Western In Space With Blacksploitiation Elements Were The Vega Brothers Have To Retrieve A Golden Pack Of Red Apple Cigarettes While Eating A Royale With Cheese From Big Kahuna Burger While Having A 3 Hour Conversation With ? Played By Sam Jackson...It Will Be Shot In Black & White On 8mm Film and Mono Sound Cameo Appearances By "Force Ghosts" Nice Guy Eddie "Bill" Ed Asner As Himself Sonny Chiba And Sergio Leone

james-harden-sideeye-gif.gif

stop with this ? ass gif