Best Selling Hip Hop Albums of 2015 (Forest Hills Drive in 2nd place with 2015 sales alone)

2»

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BobOblah wrote: »
    crazy to see how Cole came up, as a fan since the Warm Up.

i heard a car bumping FHD the other day and was thinking I remember when the only Cole fans I knew irl were people I put up on him

Those are big sales for an surprise drop album with no features and basically no promo

yeah i became a fan after the warm up. in pure monizzle hater form i always questioned who he was during that time when him and drake were coming up. heard the warm up and i was convinced that he was dope been a fan since. cole has done well so far.
  • Mrs. Me Too
    Mrs. Me Too Members Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    What a terrible list, maybe five decent albums in the top 15.
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a terrible list, maybe five decent albums in the top 15.

How is he list terrible of its solely based on sales?

Good ? from Cole though. Respect his grind and music.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I ? with Weeknd as well

But I know damn well that ? shouldn't be there either

I find it remarkable, how impactful and how it appears how "easily" Drake sells records

I mean this ? came out and dropped a MIXTAPE, not an album, matter of fact

? didn't even drop a album, just mixtapes and both of them end up in the highest sold albums of 2015

but when he dropped IYRTITL, ? just dropped that ? out of nowhere and had the internet on fire with that

then Drake vs Meek and how Meek got his ass beat lyrically

then before the year out, dropped that candy cotton cottonelle soft "Hotline Bling", which is probably still getting played ridiculous on the radio (I don't listen nothing but that auxiliary input to ipod or satellite)

then he laced us with one last mixtape, with mumble mouth future

Drake was dominant and had no album, thats very impressive

If ppl still bought physical copies of albums, like they did back in the 90's, he MAY have gone diamond by now

Kendrick's album is one of the most conscious, complete and interesting albums that have been released and is the most critically acclaimed album of 2015

It's just that Drake, makes songs for the hoes and he's more mainstream and as a result gains more attention
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the ? is a logic fan. Outside of the great production ? was pushing some ? on the album
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Weeknd is Rnb. One of my fav albums of 2015 tho
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FHD is a classic. Been saying that. Not saying album sells translates to qualify but that album is worth every penny. That Drake was good but I know how the game works.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick had the second best selling hip hop album of the year and made the album about us. How can a ? not respect that.