Thank Me Later Vs. Recovery

frozenheartwjlb
frozenheartwjlb Members Posts: 206
edited June 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Now that both albums are out, and everyone has had the chance to give them a fair listen. What is the general opinion on these two? Drake and Em are easily two of the most loved and hated artists at the moment. I copped both albums, and honestly with TML I was let down. My OPINION is that So Far Gone was better material than the actual album. I seem to notice that Drake has grown much more cocky than previous efforts, and really who can blame him? However, I prefer the Drake that shouted out Slum Village and Little Brother and cited them as the reason he had fun still. Young Money has created a monster with this guy, he is on his debut rapping as if he is an established artist. Fireworks, Light Up, Up All Night, and Thank Me Now are the only tracks I am still listening to. (Minus) Well Find Your Love my girl makes me listen to everytime we are in the car haha... With Recovery, we have a different side of Em than previous efforts. Every track to me minus W.T.P are classic material, its the Em we have all claimed to want back. I will be the first to admit that Relapse was an amazing rap album, but for the most part lacked replay value. Even with Encore, half the album was good-amazing... The rest was trash. Personally I prefer Recovery over Thank Me Later. That may be biased, but oh well. I do look forward to Drake's next album, maybe he will become more humble. or go back to his roots. What do yall think?

Comments

• contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    there were more non classic tracks than that on recovery but recovery is my favorite em album. it has a lot of replay value, imo.

thank me later was all right, i expected a lot more so it was kind of a let down.

recovery > tml
  • frozenheartwjlb
    frozenheartwjlb Members Posts: 206
    edited June 2010
    That was my problem, I was very hyped up for TML album. And then I listened to it, and was like man I should have bought the So Far Gone EP instead smh...
  • brazilblur
    brazilblur Members Posts: 668
    edited June 2010
    Recovery>>>>>>TML
  • twstrong
    twstrong Members Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Like everyone else. I was waiting to hear Drake's new album and see if he was going to ? it. Nope. I wanted to say "yes" but couldn't! I was ticked off from the firworks that sounded lke popcorn and how he opened his first rap with a Tupac rip off? Like a flower growing from the concrete.

I'm also quickly getting tired of his rap style that put's like 20 words in between each rap. I don't know but I'm thankfully happier with my own music after this. Wasn't blown away by any track on th album. I thought the hook on fancy sounded cheap. I couldn't believe that was a swiss beatz joint??

I'm not a hater but had to share my feelings. "This aint no rap savior"
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    i was just thinkin about this last night and Recovery is better than TML....FROM SONG 1.....thats what disappointed me about Drakes was that if this was suppose to be "his moment" and he wasn't gonna drop the ball and carry the torch....why start off your album with that weak ass Fireworks song.....Em WENT IN on Cold Wind Blows and once i heard that i was like daaaaaaaaamn i gotta hear what else he spittin about(that M.J. Fox line had me rewindin like ? ....lmao)...and for the most part he did a great job on this one...definetly a step up substance-wise from Relapse(which ironically was lyrically better than the "hyped up" C3 album from Wayne).....it got a little stagnant towards the end but it still was a better output than TML....
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    twstrong wrote: »
    Like everyone else. I was waiting to hear Drake's new album and see if he was going to ? it. Nope. I wanted to say "yes" but couldn't! I was ticked off from the firworks that sounded lke popcorn and how he opened his first rap with a Tupac rip off? Like a flower growing from the concrete.

I'm also quickly getting tired of his rap style that put's like 20 words in between each rap. I don't know but I'm thankfully happier with my own music after this. Wasn't blown away by any track on th album. I thought the hook on fancy sounded cheap. I couldn't believe that was a swiss beatz joint??

I'm not a hater but had to share my feelings. "This aint no rap savior"

that joint had me scratchin my head too....like out of all the headbangers Swizz is known for this is the one what you get from him?....not sayin it was bad but damn Swizzy dont really make beats/songs for the ? and shouldnt have started right there wit that one.....i bet he had some hard ? for Drake to tear up to.....