Car Audio

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    ? that ? expensive lol

? got the Acura logo on the damn custom made box nshit. I SAID I AINT TRYNNA PAY A1 PRICES!!! lmao Nah im ? wit u, that ? dope as hell. Whenever I do get a new whip that'll definitely be the way to go.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? that ? expensive lol

Kinda lol but you saw he kept his last setup for 15 years. If you plan on keeping the same vehicle, it's worth it.

Good speakers/amps don't really go bad or get old. It's gonna sound good for as long as you have it and a quality install will do the same. I had that same install in my past car that was the same model. Moved it to my new car when the old one got totaled. I'm expensive advice when it comes to audio. I go ahead and get what I want the first time around and never look back.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in michigan we got this place called gibraltar trade center where you can get all the sound system ? for the lows so I always went thru them

Them ? at Gibraltar be on some ? tho. The majority of them ain't true dealers, so if your ? blows you gotta haggle with them to get it replaced. On top of that they sell ? like Boss, Kenford, Rockwood, and all them other garbage ass brands.

? that flea market ? . Just go to a reputable dealer like Mikey's or Car Tunes.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in michigan we got this place called gibraltar trade center where you can get all the sound system ? for the lows so I always went thru them

Them ? at Gibraltar be on some ? tho. The majority of them ain't true dealers, so if your ? blows you gotta haggle with them to get it replaced. On top of that they sell ? like Boss, Kenford, Rockwood, and all them other garbage ass brands.

I remember my amp blew and I took it back and they replaced with the same model no problem, I went to high school with the ? that worked there though
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember my amp blew and I took it back and they replaced with the same model no problem, I went to high school with the ? that worked there though

that's the only reason you got it done with no hassle.

I worked for these Chaldeans that had a lil car audio shop in Ypsilanti for a few months back inna day. They had a spot at Gibraltar that they would sell from on the weekends and I would have to install it during the week at their brick-and-mortar shop. They used to intentionally sell broken amps, especially higher end Rockford joints, just to get your money, have me install the broken amp to make it look like ? is legit. It wouldn't work so then they would make an excuse for it and try to either move you into some other ? ass amp for the same price or whatever, or they might actually order a new one for you.

I caught wind of it when I started writing down the serial numbers of the ? I was installing and started seeing the same numbers over and over. I quit after two months 'cause I wasn't finna put my name behind that ? . I had a rep in SE Michigan as one of the better installers and especially known for building custom subwoofers enclosures. I wasn't about to ? up my rep for them dudes.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting these in the old school
    Blac Friday goodies came in
    O1Y5o1J.jpg
  • kingtob330
    kingtob330 Members Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    Cinco wrote: »
    O1Y5o1J.jpg
    You caught that Sonic Electronix sale
  • Cinco
    kingtob330 wrote: »
    O1Y5o1J.jpg
    You caught that Sonic Electronix sale
    Yessa!!
  • Cinco
    Got it in
    Doesn't sound good as my pioneer did. But at least I got Bluetooth iPod and usb
    eB2UZIH.jpg
    wdUAXfm.jpg
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    ? off Book..

lol nah good ? homie. I was never a fan of those big screens but eventually ill have to give in whenever I get a new whip. I'll was close af to pressin the button on some new ? a couple weeks ago then I thought about my big ass family for Christmas. Comin soooon...
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting aux Jack put in now. Atl detail shops be taxing. I said ? it and went to auburn.got it for 89 $
  • kingtob330
    kingtob330 Members Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    Got it in
    Doesn't sound good as my pioneer did. But at least I got Bluetooth iPod and usb
    eB2UZIH.jpg
    wdUAXfm.jpg

That's a good look. You right about pioneer, all I've had in my rides other than factory since the 90's. Can't beat they sound
  • aneed123
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Getting aux Jack put in now. Atl detail shops be taxing. I said ? it and went to auburn.got it for 89 $
    PhotoGrid_1450740215140_zpsot66iytf.jpg

This was a lifesaver. Ima put my 12 in next
  • aneed123
    edited January 2016
    Got the 12 put in today with a small custom box
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ? wit JL audio woofers and Boston acoustic mids, highs, and tweeters. That's what I had for the past 10 years and no problems.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Got the 12 put in today with a small custom box
    mjlq3s.jpg
  • king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2000 ford expedition [AURL=http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/Mocha_Gates/media/FB_IMG_1453588793240_zpsrgvuvfjp.jpg.html]FB_IMG_1453588793240_zpsrgvuvfjp.jpg[/URL]

My 4 15 inch subwoofers. 3 1500 watts mono audiopipe ampsScreenshot_2016-01-23-17-42-27-1_zpsyt4n0rf4.png
  • aneed123
    king mocha wrote: »
    My 2000 ford expedition [AURL=http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/Mocha_Gates/media/FB_IMG_1453588793240_zpsrgvuvfjp.jpg.html]FB_IMG_1453588793240_zpsrgvuvfjp.jpg[/URL]

My 4 15 inch subwoofers. 3 1500 watts mono audiopipe ampsScreenshot_2016-01-23-17-42-27-1_zpsyt4n0rf4.png

U beating down da block homie
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only really trusted JL Audio when i've had systems, they're true to power, long lasting, and have great sound quality. They don't hit sloppy at all. You can throw a lot of power at em and they'll smile and keep on slappin.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hifonics and basically anything from MaxxSonics is heavily slept on IMO, offers the same high quality ? at a lot cheaper price.

brx12d4.png

I got 2 of the older model 15's of these series on a older model 1200 watt mono block Hifonics Brutus amp in a Mazda 626 and my ? beat. I had the subs longer than the amp because I used to be on a Crunch 1400 watt 2 channel til I switched to that mono block 4 years ago.

I had my ? for years and never had no problems, I voluntarily choose to switch out that 2 channel for that mono block cause a car audio tech told me I wasn't maxing out my subs potential on that 2 channel.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Lefty wrote: »
    I've only really trusted JL Audio when i've had systems, they're true to power, long lasting, and have great sound quality. They don't hit sloppy at all. You can throw a lot of power at em and they'll smile and keep on slappin.

lol cs my JL audios outlasted 3 of my cars lmao , they got a customer for life with me
  • aneed123
    Hifonics and basically anything from MaxxSonics is heavily slept on IMO, offers the same high quality ? at a lot cheaper price.

brx12d4.png

I got 2 of the older model 15's of these series on a older model 1200 watt mono block Hifonics Brutus amp in a Mazda 626 and my ? beat. I had the subs longer than the amp because I used to be on a Crunch 1400 watt 2 channel til I switched to that mono block 4 years ago.

I had my ? for years and never had no problems, I voluntarily choose to switch out that 2 channel for that mono block cause a car audio tech told me I wasn't maxing out my subs potential on that 2 channel.

There are a lot of brands that make good quality. U the right wiring the right box and amp go a long way. Trunk type and insulation as well
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question to the audio heads!

I have a F150 and it has an factory 8 inch sub under the backseat. It blew a while ago, it still works, but on certain bass notes it rattles (especially when the volume is high).

It has it's own amp and I think it has somewhere around 120-150 watts. My question is it possible to replace it w/ another 8" sub on some plug and play ? ? If so what kind? Would i have to add another amp? I just want clean bass w/o having to completely change everything, b/c the OEM sub is/was pretty good.

Thanks in advance!
  • aneed123
    MallyG wrote: »
    Question to the audio heads!

I have a F150 and it has an factory 8 inch sub under the backseat. It blew a while ago, it still works, but on certain bass notes it rattles (especially when the volume is high).

It has it's own amp and I think it has somewhere around 120-150 watts. My question is it possible to replace it w/ another 8" sub on some plug and play ? ? If so what kind? Would i have to add another amp? I just want clean bass w/o having to completely change everything, b/c the OEM sub is/was pretty good.

Thanks in advance!

That amp and sub probably were made for each other and if u get an aftermarket sub it will be t to strong for that set up and u won't get the best sound quality. Take it to detail shop u never know. If the repair for the sub is high I'd just do another amp and sub.
  • Cinco
    @MallyG
    U can buy a factory replacement off amazon.
    Or if u want to change it out, u will need a dual voice coil 2+2 ohm shallow mount sub
    View this page
    http://www.f150online.com/forums/speakers-subwoofers/408637-8-factory-sub-replacment-2.html