Its 2016 Offseason And You Need A Backup/Possible Future Starting QB

Options
Stew
Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
edited January 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
I can't believe it's come to this but the writing is on the wall for both of these former star QB's...RG3 and Johnny Manziel are about to be Free Agents or Cut/traded in Manziel's case. Which one would you take?

Its 2016 Offseason And You Need A Backup/Possible Future Starting QB 27 votes

RG3
74%
Alpha_Ambition S2J5th Letterlord nemesisbigduece69joeyfkncrakkHustleThaDonCJAlready Home_17Chi-Town BullyMister B.Billy_PonchoIceManKamZydecoShawtyBetaLivefromclaycofightforolddcTrillfateGhost313not_osirus_jenkins 20 votes
Johnny Manziel
3%
DaBull 1 vote
Other Free Agent
22%
Swiffness!lamontbdccaddo manA$AP_A$TONAggieLean.Louis Devinear 6 votes

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    RG3 can stew on the bench for one more year until drew brees the GOAT fades away
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    I think Bob's gonna be heavily motivated by not playing this year and people shoveling dirt on his career already. The talent is still there; he just has to pair with the right offensive mind for his abilities.

Johnny is a ? -up off the field, but I think he'll do better in a environment outside of Cleveland. The Browns are the most unstable organization in football so a lot of people would have trouble succeeding there.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other Free Agent
    Neither one of them clowns are the answer....? thin out here looking fro a future in this crop....Teams gonna have to find a stop gap that can bridge you too a real franchise qb.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trade half the draft for Deshaun Watson next season
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    RG3

You really all in on that ? huh? You really think he gonna be nice like that?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited January 2016
    Options

Yep, he went to high school about 30 minutes from my house. That ? BEEN a beast. After Matt Ryan continues to disappoint the rest of his contract out, Blank's best bet is to fill the seats with a black qb from Georgia.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other Free Agent

Yep, he went to high school about 30 minutes from my house. That ? BEEN a beast. After Matt Ryan continues to disappoint the rest of his contract out, Blank's best bet is to fill the seats with a black qb from Georgia.

Bruh you looking to tank already for Watson? The q's in the draft this year are really depressing
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Yes....Falcons play the NFC & AFC west, along with Green Bay and Philly. I'm being optimistic for a 7-9 season. And yea....i'm not impressed with this QB class.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    Osweiler boutta be a free agent. I liked what I saw when I watched him ... he's tall, athletic and got a rocket arm. Can take a hit in the pocket.

I'm not saying he's gon be elite but he's got all the tools.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    Osweiler boutta be a free agent. I liked what I saw when I watched him ... he's tall, athletic and got a rocket arm. Can take a hit in the pocket.

I'm not saying he's gon be elite but he's got all the tools.

Os ain't goin nowhere. Manning on the way out, and they had to let him get his last shot before the send him off on some Kobe ? . Os is Denver's future.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Bob's gonna be heavily motivated by not playing this year and people shoveling dirt on his career already. The talent is still there; he just has to pair with the right offensive mind for his abilities.

Johnny is a ? -up off the field, but I think he'll do better in a environment outside of Cleveland. The Browns are the most unstable organization in football so a lot of people would have trouble succeeding there.

People always say that but no QB we drafted has left here and been successful matter fact nobody that has struggled here has left and been successful
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other Free Agent
    B-Rock up in Denver
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    RG3

Based on that title game performance can't really argue with you, bruh.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited January 2016
    Options

Based on that title game performance can't really argue with you, bruh.

"He is the most dynamic QB I've played against since Cam Newton in 2010."

Nick Saban
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Other Free Agent
    I think once Mettenberger gets a good settled situation He will be a good stop gap QB. Maybe even a starter game manager.

Brian Hoyer needs to except his calling as a another great back up. He only has two good games in him a year.

Carson Wentz, Paxton Lynch and Jacoby Brissett are three QBs in the draft to pay attention too.

Look for a free agent QB that will make a roster and surprise..............................Brandon Allen and Chad Kelly.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Other Free Agent
    RG3's shown he CAN be a NFL starter. Johnny hasn't. Granted he's never REALLY had the chance since we all know ? Hates Cleveland™ but still. Robert was a beast in his rookie year. I swore dude was gonna have 5,000+ career passing yards against the Eagles.

On the other hand, RG3 has serious injury issues that Manziel doesn't. I mean at this point he should scare you more than Bradford because Bradford doesn't want to run. RG3 was on his suicidal Vick ? with some of those runs.

rg3hurt.0.gif

.........I mean come on, b. If you don't have an instinct to protect your body while playing quarterback, its only a matter of time before your team dies in a fire with Hoyer or Weeden behind center.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    I don't think he's going to make it unless he turns into strictly a pocket QB.

griffinpwned.gif
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3
    griffinpwned.gif

smh at this ?
    ? you already near the sideline, get out of bounds
    ? is you sliding for?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    I won about $300 that game.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3 wants to be starter he's not gonna be a back up
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3

Swiffness! wrote: »
    RG3's shown he CAN be a NFL starter. Johnny hasn't. Granted he's never REALLY had the chance since we all know ? Hates Cleveland™ but still. Robert was a beast in his rookie year. I swore dude was gonna have 5,000+ career passing yards against the Eagles.

On the other hand, RG3 has serious injury issues that Manziel doesn't. I mean at this point he should scare you more than Bradford because Bradford doesn't want to run. RG3 was on his suicidal Vick ? with some of those runs.

rg3hurt.0.gif

.........I mean come on, b. If you don't have an instinct to protect your body while playing quarterback, its only a matter of time before your team dies in a fire with Hoyer or Weeden behind center.

That hit on RG3 was the catalyst for his ACL tear, his pops coming in to convince the coaches to turn him into a pure passer, his regression, and his fall from grace. Even caused Kirk to come in and lead a comeback victory that very game, and eventually create the QB controversy that led to Kirks promotion and Bobs upcoming release.

He shoulda slid way before Ngata got to him. That ? play ruined everything.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    It did but it was going to happen eventually anyway. He was getting his ass kicked every other game. He's too small to be running around like that. His pops is right. He needs learn how to be a pure pocket passer or he's going to end up like Vick(play all 16 games once or twice his entire career). Entertaining but underwhelming results overall.