If you was Commissioner of *insert favorite sport*...

Recaptimus_Prime360
Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
how would you run your league? what kinda of penalties wud u dish put for players breaking the conduct rules. what kinda limit wud put on the amount of money players get from their contracts? how about handling ag limit for players to turn pro? and etc, etc.

holla back wit ur responses.

Comments

• juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited June 2010
    If i was the NBA commissioner i would add atleast another 10 games and increase the number of team able to play in the playoffs. Oh and i would try to move the ? teams to better citys
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    juice86 wrote: »
    If i was the NBA commissioner i would add atleast another 10 games and increase the number of team able to play in the playoffs. Oh and i would try to move the ? teams to better citys

lol yeah, half the league already getting in the playoffs isn't enought. and adding 10 games to an already watered down regular season would do what exactly?

move ? teams to better cities? Any time a team struggles just move them to another city because thats so easy to do.
  • Hustlers Ambition$
    Hustlers Ambition$ Members Posts: 245
    edited June 2010
    for the NFL.....

#1, I would create a rookie salary cap. And the rookie deals will be shorter. Between 2-4 years maximum. Similar to the NBA each draft spot will have a calculated amount of money that a respective draftee will receive. This way players that outperform their contracts can get what the deserve and players that SUCK (Jamarcus Russell) can get shipped out!!

#2. I would allow for overtime to be similar to college football. Each team has a chance to score.

#3. I would allow defenses to become more physical. You can barely touch a WR nowadays. It's ridiculous. As a huge defensive minded fan. I think it's BS sometimes with the calls I see.

#4. All these BS rules that treat the QB like a baby.....GONE. They are football players and better learn how to fall on their ass if they are so scared of getting hit.

#5. I would allow players and coaching personnel to get more of a say in pro-bowl voting. They have some say now but not enough....clearly alot of fans make it popularity contest.

and a few more.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    ok, for the nba:

make it harder to draw fouls in the paint, i hate seeing dudes getting to shoot freethrows every time they drive, ESPECIALLY when clean blocks get called as fouls, it happens all the time and it disgusts me

make hand checking ok again

move the clippers to their own stadium, then maybe they'll be less of a joke

allow nfl style call challenging
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    NFL

1. Rookie salary cap. Must be done.
    2. If you suffer a concussion, you cant play in another game for at least a month. Suffer two, and youre put on IR
    3. Overtime- Coin flip. If receiving team scores a TD, game over. If they score a FG, the other team gets a chance to score. If they score a TD, game over. If they score a FG, we go to 2nd OT.
    4. Institute some sort of money incentives to keep teams from sitting their starters in the final games. Maybe they don't get 100% of the money due to them in revenue sharing or something like that.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    for the NFL.....

#1, I would create a rookie salary cap. And the rookie deals will be shorter. Between 2-4 years maximum. Similar to the NBA each draft spot will have a calculated amount of money that a respective draftee will receive. This way players that outperform their contracts can get what the deserve and players that SUCK (Jamarcus Russell) can get shipped out!!

#2. I would allow for overtime to be similar to college football. Each team has a chance to score.

#3. I would allow defenses to become more physical. You can barely touch a WR nowadays. It's ridiculous. As a huge defensive minded fan. I think it's BS sometimes with the calls I see.

#4. All these BS rules that treat the QB like a baby.....GONE. They are football players and better learn how to fall on their ass if they are so scared of getting hit.

#5. I would allow players and coaching personnel to get more of a say in pro-bowl voting. They have some say now but not enough....clearly alot of fans make it popularity contest.

and a few more.

co-signin the bolded to the fullest