Due to BP, is anyone...

VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Social Lounge
Due to BP, is anyone NOT filling up at their stations?

I know I'm not. Any logo of theirs I see, (i.e. Arco/am pm) I'm not filling up at.

I don't care that I don't even put a dent in their money bank, I just don't want to support them anymore.

Anyone here doing the same? Or you just don't care and fill up anywhere??

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    My car is ran off electric and gas. And I still wont go to their stations and fill up.
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I'll run out of gas and walk 10 miles each way with a 5 gallon gas can before I fuel up at BP

*slight exaggeration*
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    yeah I stopped when I realized how bad the situation was back in May.

I've been forced to ? with Hess. My car ain't too happy about that
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Anyone here doing the same?
    no. all this really does is ? over the local business owners. that said, i think i'm always going to Shell stations
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    lol Ive never seen a BP gas station in my life
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    janklow wrote: »
    no. all this really does is ? over the local business owners.

this

and this:

"Today, natural gas makes up more than half of BP's energy production, making us the largest producer and supplier in the U.S."

LOL @ driving past the BP station to fill up at Shell, the company responsible for poisoning the Nigeria Delta w/ oil and murking Ken Saro-Wiwa
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    We could've gotten off the fuel truck a long time ago. I know with all the technology we had/have we should be all driving electric cars or something that doesn't use fuel like now. You can't tell me now we still don't have ? because they haven't made it yet due to lack of technology in that area...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    LOL @ driving past the BP station to fill up at Shell, the company responsible for poisoning the Nigeria Delta w/ oil and murking Ken Saro-Wiwa
    actually, i would have to drive past the Shell to get gas from BP. the Shell is the most conveniently located and, as such, the prime distributor of gasoline to janklow
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    janklow wrote: »
    no. all this really does is ? over the local business owners. that said, i think i'm always going to Shell stations

C/S the bolded
    BP won't be hurt by boycotts at all
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    We could've gotten off the fuel truck a long time ago. I know with all the technology we had/have we should be all driving electric cars or something that doesn't use fuel like now. You can't tell me now we still don't have ? because they haven't made it yet due to lack of technology in that area...

It's not going happen overnight
    More than likely, it's going to be at least a decade before we see a major transition to cars that require no petroleum or a low amount of it
  • 797mrtemp797
    797mrtemp797 Members Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I always stick to Shell or Chevron.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    It’s alarming that BP put a pipe down in Gulf but did not really have a solid plan to contain the oil in case of leakage.

I’ve never really filled up at BP stations before, usually Exxon or Shell.