Why dont White people support other White rappers????????????

hrap-120
hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Reason
(SmH @ another corny sales thread, H-rap you suck!)

So many wonderful white people say they support HipHop by buying rap albums.

So why is Emenim the only white rapper that is selling albums???

Sure the Beastie Boys last album went platinum but what about these....

Everlast last album flopped
Insane Clown Posse last album flopped
Paul Wall last album flopped (Major label)
Bubba Sparxxx last album flopped (Major label)
Asher Roth last album flopped (damn he was on a major too)
LiL Whyte's albums flopped (major label debut flopped)

So many skilled white rappers in the underground dont get the support that they deserve from their own white fans...rappers like:

Necro
Brother Ali
R.A.
Vinnie Paz
El.P
Eyedea
Termanology

Dudes, you guys are 65% of the total U.S population and 80% buyers of hiphop and you have more disposable income than others, so why dont you support white rappers who deserve your support. Or is Emenim the only good rapper worth supporting in the entire universe of HipHop??

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    *not again, sighs*

Anyway...

I was on youtube and I seen comments by MANY whites who were saying ? like, "wtf are white rapping for, ? sounds corny", "white people don't support hip hop", "blacks rap good, not whites" etc etc

I know it's not the whole population of whites but still, there's that select that feel this way and since they do, there's going to be more that do too.

but to answer your question, I don't know why whites don't support the good white lyricists. Maybe because they're underground and their following is a lot smaller, I dunno just a random observation there. I'm sure if they went mainstream, they would have a pretty big following, more than now. Ask them though, do they wanna sell out?
  • supersajinfo
    supersajinfo Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    They aren't corny and ? enough for them.
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    The most popular radio station where I grew up would play alternative rock. The only exceptions they made were for Bob Marley (Jamming), Jimi Hendrix (maybe on his birthday), the Beastie Boys, and Eminem.

A lot of white people around me thought Eminem was the beginning and the end of hip hop, and that it wasn't worth exploring any further than that.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    They don't want whites rapping "black"...
  • hrap-120
    edited June 2010
    It just makes you kinda sad when you hear so many people bragging about Emenims sales and how they support him but then damn near every other white rapper in Hiphop cant even go platinum...it just sounds mean and cruel.

...or maybe Emenim is the only good rapper worth supporting in the world??
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I support Bubba Sparxxx and I'm black......Shot out to The Clermont Lounge
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    so if white people only like eminem cause he is white but dont like other rappers that are white how does that make sense?
  • VIBE
    edited June 2010
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    It just makes you kinda sad when you hear so many people bragging about Emenims sales and how they support him but then damn near every other white rapper in Hiphop cant even go platinum...it just sounds mean and cruel.

...or maybe Emenim is the only good rapper worth supporting in the world??

Eminem is the only good rapper that is SIGNED.

The rest aren't signed or aren't getting the PUSH they need. They need to stay underground, they don't need mainstream. It's more respectable in that sense anyway. What these cats spit won't work in a mainstream society, they aren't trying to listen to that ? . Look at Recovery, the bad reviews from the "mainstream poppy" sites, they dislike it. They like the funny/homosexual/shock content. To me TES and Recover were his hip hop albums, because hip hop = a true story, struggle whatever in life. People ain't trying to hear that ? though, they like that poppy ? . Eminem can switch back and forth with ease, he's done it since he started, always has been like that, that's why he appeals and is a easy marketable rapper.

These other cats aren't poppy, they'll stick to their hip hop roots.

Most underground cats won't switch up just for mainstream, it's a sell out.
  • tupacfan35
    tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Bubba Sparxxx is cool to me

this video with jadakiss is hot.
  • hrap-120
    edited June 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Eminem is the only good rapper that is SIGNED.

The rest aren't signed or aren't getting the PUSH they need. They need to stay underground, they don't need mainstream. It's more respectable in that sense anyway. What these cats spit won't work in a mainstream society, they aren't trying to listen to that ? . Look at Recovery, the bad reviews from the "mainstream poppy" sites, they dislike it. They like the funny/homosexual/shock content. To me TES and Recover were his hip hop albums, because hip hop = a true story, struggle whatever in life. People ain't trying to hear that ? though, they like that poppy ? . Eminem can switch back and forth with ease, he's done it since he started, always has been like that, that's why he appeals and is a easy marketable rapper.

These other cats aren't poppy, they'll stick to their hip hop roots.

Most underground cats won't switch up just for mainstream, it's a sell out.

look at my initial post, i listed the white rappers who dropped MAJOR LABEL albums. SIGNED

...and why should a "push" influence you to support a worthy artist?

And if you admit that Emenim is the only good white rapper that is signed wouldnt you also have to admit that this factor would cause an inflation of his sales statistics since you admit he is the only good rapper SIGNED for you to support???
  • nynicca
    nynicca Banned Users Posts: 877
    edited June 2010
    This is a dumb thread. Just because you are white that doesn't mean you should support them if your white. The t/s is ? , so do you support any ? rappers?
  • hrap-120
    edited June 2010
    nynicca wrote: »
    This is a dumb thread. Just because you are white that doesn't mean you should support them if your white. The t/s is ? , so do you support any ? rappers?

Gayness is confusing
    . Your own mother is a lesbian-? but she gave birth to a half-? that ? sitting down like you, so go figure...

I dont support ? -rappers, or ? -posters who beg for my attention like wet-? -? on ? .

You got a man-crush on the wrong brutha' lil ? , The closest i might come to being ? is if I was to ? in your mouth.

dont make me me crucify you like I did Jesus ? lil nicca.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2010
    look at my initial post, i listed the white rappers who dropped MAJOR LABEL albums. SIGNED

And if you admit that Emenim is the only good white rapper that is signed wouldnt you also have to admit that this factor would cause an inflation of his sales statistics since you admit he is the only good rapper SIGNED for you to support???

A push = exposure, knowledge of that rapper. If a rapper doesn't get the correct push, he won't come across to as many people the right way or people will never know of this certain rapper. I don't NEED them to have PUSH in order to like them. If I come across to hearing them, then I'll judge then.

Eminem is the only good WHITE rapper for me to support so far.
  • bankrupt baller
    edited June 2010
    so if white people only like eminem cause he is white but dont like other rappers that are white how does that make sense?

^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Em is just one lucky muhfucka... go figure

The promo he's getting on the IC alone...
  • bankrupt baller
    edited June 2010
    rip.dilla wrote: »

lol exactly
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited June 2010

True to that!!!
    A push = exposure, knowledge of that rapper. If a rapper doesn't get the correct push, he won't come across to as many people the right way or people will never know of this certain rapper. I don't NEED them to have PUSH in order to like them. If I come across to hearing them, then I'll judge then.

Eminem is the only good WHITE rapper for me to support so far.
    On a major label...Yes!!! But in all hip-hop......No way!!!!!
  • hrap-120
    edited June 2010
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I could care less who they like Im talking about who they support based on reecord sales, they like to brag about how they support hiphop music, well if thats the case why are all these white rappers with talent flopping??
    rip.dilla wrote: »

Thats easy for you to say, some poor lames have 3 or more posts in this thread alone.....what does that tell you?????
  • VIBE
    edited June 2010
    True to that!!!

On a major label...Yes!!! But in all hip-hop......No way!!!!!

Correct, that's what I meant.

Who's the greatest white rapper in ALL of hip hop??
  • bankrupt baller
    edited June 2010
    I could care less who they like Im talking about who they support based on reecord sales, they like to brag about how they support hiphop music, well if thats the case why are all these white rappers with talent flopping??

Thats easy for you to say, some poor lames have 3 or more posts in this thread alone.....what does that tell you?????

what im saying is i like em cause i like em.....i dont like him because he is white.......i gave asher roth a try when he came out because i heard he was nice not because i said damn i have to check out this white boy cause he is white........i listened to some stuff and thought he was ok at best, but nothing i would ever buy,EVER..........if sombody puts me on to another white rapper i will check them out but i will not automatically like them cause they are white and they rap.......but i think em is a great rapper just because thats what i think based on listening to him not his skin color
  • hrap-120
    edited June 2010
    Correct, that's what I meant.

Who's the greatest white rapper in ALL of hip hop??

Pitbull of course.

or M.C. Search
  • dj expanium
    edited June 2010
    Pitbull of course.

or M.C. Search
    I'm laughing right now, Man. Pitbull is Latino!!!!!
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    LOL @ Insane Clown Posse!

Personally I'd rather listen to someone rub two pieces of Styrofoam together for an hour and a half.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Pitbull of course.

or M.C. Search

LOL Pitbull is Cuban I think
  • dj expanium
    edited June 2010
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    LOL @ Insane Clown Posse!

Personally I'd rather listen to someone rub two pieces of Styrofoam together for an hour and a half.
    That's funny too!!!