"Macklemore Is All of My Super Woke White Ex-Boyfriends" - NY Mag African American Writer

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao What was the point of this article?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asantewa wrote: »
    Hol up....

@Asantewa

Why you tagging me in this ? thread? A bedwench is gonna act properly. She's no different from you negros who believe the white man is the racist, while ? white women putting them on pedestals, while believing since they are not "white men" they are not racist. All y'all negros need to be exterminated.

I don't ? around with white people; male or female they all the same to me.

I thought you'd have a lot to say in regards to this article.

And I should not be lumped with "negros who believe the white man is the racist, while ? white women putting them on pedestals, while believing since they are not "white men" they are not racist". I'm married to a black woman.

Light skin?

giphy.gif

I'll put it like this...... If we were still slaves, she would never set foot in the house lol
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »

There wasn't one. Just something to let folks know she ? white guys.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Article is just a list of dudes she banged and a quote from them
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hol up....

@Asantewa

Why you tagging me in this ? thread? A bedwench is gonna act properly. She's no different from you negros who believe the white man is the racist, while ? white women putting them on pedestals, while believing since they are not "white men" they are not racist. All y'all negros need to be exterminated.

And I should not be lumped with "negros who believe the white man is the racist, while ? white women putting them on pedestals, while believing since they are not "white men" they are not racist". I'm married to a black woman.

Light skin?

giphy.gif

this person funny as hell.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds to me that they told her what she wanted to hear just so they could ? cuz none of them turned into a serious relationship
  • D0wn
    edited January 2016
    Hol up....

@Asantewa

Light skin?

giphy.gif

I'll put it like this...... If we were still slaves, she would never set foot in the house lol

U cant just say dark skinned, and kept it pushing?

"If we were still slaves" wtf???

Dont tell me how to describe my wife

Smh @ your "if we were still slaves" marriage . U probably grow cotton in your backyard .
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Hol up....

@Asantewa

Light skin?

giphy.gif

U cant just say dark skinned, and kept it pushing?

"If we were still slaves" wtf???

Dont tell me how to describe my wife

Smh @ your, if we were still slave marriage . U probably grow cotton in your backyard .

....i did see some of these by the garden last year

milkweed-pod.jpg

This may be The Most High telling me i need to get my life together :(
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    I actually read it and don't get the point of the article. Is she patting herself on the back for daring "awoke white guys" are congratulating him in being an "awoke white guy." Either way because of the overabundance of writers like her journalism stands at death door.

She's saying that many of the awoke white folks still have a lot to learn, basically.

And she is right. But I'm not sure Macklemore's release of this admirable song was the proper occasion to make this point.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still can't figure out the point behind this ? article. Maybe she feels validated because several white dudes skeeted on/in her and now she feels she has to tell the world. Yeah, ? ? .
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clicks link. Sees picture. Not wasting my time reading her thoughts. Exits thread.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    What the ? does super woke mean

Apparently it means being self aware of the advantages your skin color affords you compared to other races or something.

Like a fat ? that constantly tells men she's "repping for the big girls" or some ? ? like that I guess.

Oh in that case I'm a coma.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly that was pointless. Maybe it was her making an article displaying or trying to explain why black females date white guys but that's a non story. Who ever let it fly is apparently pushing for that agenda.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtf did i just read that was some vapid bubble head ? .. i wanna super choke that ? .. ? hipster
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually read it and don't get the point of the article. Is she patting herself on the back for daring "awoke white guys" are congratulating him in being an "awoke white guy." Either way because of the overabundance of writers like her journalism stands at death door.

She's saying that many of the awoke white folks still have a lot to learn, basically.

And she is right. But I'm not sure Macklemore's release of this admirable song was the proper occasion to make this point.

...not even surprised by this clown
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    dwade206 wrote: »

...not even surprised by this clown

What's your problem with what I said?
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. No where in the article does she even make it seem as though they needed to be more active or whatever. She literally compares him to damn near a dozen men she dated (Whites at that). Me and @zombie don't agree with everything but this overbearing liberal agenda will be the death of this country.
    Plus that fact that she is a very ? writter. This isn't a philosophical piece it's a straightforward article. The fact we even have to debate what the main point she is trying to get across shows how ? it is
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
  • D0wn
    edited January 2016

No. No where in the article does she even make it seem as though they needed to be more active or whatever. She literally compares him to damn near a dozen men she dated (Whites at that). Me and @zombie don't agree with everything but this overbearing liberal agenda will be the death of this country.
    Plus that fact that she is a very ? writter. This isn't a philosophical piece it's a straightforward article. The fact we even have to debate what the main point she is trying to get across shows how ? it is

Wrd Macklemore's new track was adressing, and admitting to white supremacy, and privilege. What do her exes liking Tupac, or James Baldwin have to do with that?

"Macklemore Is All of My Woke Ex-Boyfriends"
    "When did you first realize racism existed? For me it was ..."
    I signed up for African studies. You should take it with me.”
    "I have read James Baldwin."
    who joked-but-not-joked, "I think I actually have more black friends than you do."
    Davis, who told me, "You know, I know my family owned slaves, and I want to apologize."
    he was down with the swirl by saying "I ? love 2Pac" a lot.

What was the point?
    White insensitivity? Whites being inconsiderate?
    What does all that, have to do with Macklemore's new song? she didn't even quote lyrics from the song to connect the two.

It sounded like, she heard Macklemore's new song , and felt some type of way. Then started connecting Macklemore's new song to her past experiences with her exes. And just started ranting about her exes, instead of making actual points. u can tell that's the case because, the paper isnt pulled together by any actual themes, its all over the place.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol yo I think this is just a case of bad writin'. I could write sutten about the 'woke' white ? I've come across. Difference is I'd say it's either good, bad or neutral and I'd give my opinion on it, which my girl up here fails to do
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopped reading at "his struggle being a white man of privilege".

LMAO @ that hillarious oxymoron.

lol @ a talented ? no-signing this. He wants to be white sooooo bad (even tho he prolly is a cracka)