I can read this passage of scripture a million times and still be amazed...........

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
"11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before ? ; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." Revelation 20:11-12

This passage never ceases to amaze me. Here is a checklist of just some of the things that are absolutely astonishing.

1. The great white throne! Wow. It must be the size of this universe and heaven combined. I can't even picture it. I just can not even imagine it. It will be a terror for all those who stand condemned before ? on the last day. But it will be a place of refuge for all the saints of ? who have rained with Him for the previous 1,000 years.

2. Heaven and earth flee from the presence of the one who created it. The elements are burned up from the majesty of the eternal creator. Absolutely jaw-dropping.

3. Lost sinners, who will stand at this judgment, can not enter into heaven so heaven must flee. Why? Because no sinner will ever see the kingdom of ? .

4. Every living being who ? has ever created will be present. Nobody will be absent from this judgment. Whether they be spectators ( saints and angels) or the condemned (the wicked and demons). The only exception I can see possible are the beast and the false prophet. Because they are already in the lake of fire when the judgment takes place. Maybe the devil too, but I tend to believe that ? will make a spectacle of him for everybody to see at this time. Fulfilling what the prophet Isaiah wrote in chapter 14 verse 16.

5. The dead standing before ? . No matter if you were great i.e. famous or small i.e. poor, you will be judged. ? is no respecter of person.

6. Just imagining the picture of seeing all of Gods creation gathered together and present at one moment in time, on the last day, is just mind-boggling. Whatever the number is, it is more than anybody could ever imagine. Just think of all the people alone. Not even mentioning the spirit world which is probably equal to or greater in number. It will be an amazing site.

7. Seeing ? . WOW. The saints who always knew there was a ? have seen Him and ruled with Him for the last 1,000 years. But the wicked, who WILLFULLY refused to acknowledge the LORD JESUS CHRIST will see Him for the first and only time. WOW! Talk about a moment that will leave everybody speechless.

This passage of scripture is simply amazing. I can go on and on about it. This passage of scripture just boggles my mind. it is filled with amazement. I haven't even spoken about the books that will be opened. WOW. WOW. WOW.

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    ^^^^^ DoU if I'm not mistaken, Your coveting!

Question.
    If all will be in attendance, demons, the living and dead and all, but heaven will flee from the sinners cause they will never see the kingdom of heaven, then how can all be in attendance again? Seriously.

Heaven and earth flee from the presence of ? and there was found no place for them. Heaven does not flee from presence of sinners. The reason why I said lost sinners can not be judged in heaven is because lost sinners can not see the kingdom of ? . Thus ? destroys the old creation for this judgment. And if you continue reading the book of Revelation, you will see that ? will create a new heaven and earth after the great white throne judgment.
  • "A Tout le Mond
    "A Tout le Mond Members Posts: 121
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol do you go out on streets and do this too?
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LMAO @ the thought of snitching in Heaven...

DoU: "Hey ummm, Gabriel...do you know if ? is busy today?"

Gabriel: "I mean he does have a lot to..."

DoU: "Yeah I know, I know but like, okay...you see that guy over there? I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be here."

Gabriel: "Stop Snitching"

lmao!!!!!!!!!
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol do you go out on streets and do this too?

I'm waiting for the day when I'm driving through Houston and I see a muscle-bound bible thumper on the corner. I'll take a pic and post it here.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm curious to how the judgment works.

When ALL go up, does everyone stand in line? Will it be like when you're at line for the DMV or welfare when it takes forever to get through the line? Or does it go fast?

Does everyone get a chance to speak to ? ? I think the bible says ? will question your actions on earth, so will we get to answer them or will they be rhetorical questions.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I'm curious to how the judgment works.

When ALL go up, does everyone stand in line? Will it be like when you're at line for the DMV or welfare when it takes forever to get through the line? Or does it go fast?

Does everyone get a chance to speak to ? ? I think the bible says ? will question your actions on earth, so will we get to answer them or will they be rhetorical questions.

You wake up from death on a table. You are shown two stone tablets with hieroglyphic writing on them. Those who know what they say are turned loose with no one around them and allowed to exit through a electric force field.

Those who aren't able to understand the tablets are led into another rooms. Both sets of people are examined before entering their doors by the way and injected with a serum. Possibly for eternal life and health but im not sure.

There is a waiting room, we all sit on chair like objects that scan our memories, from those scans books are printed. We grab the books and sign them, and wait for our turn. Once called upon we enter a room with a glowing orb. The orb talks and knows whats inside those books before we open them. We sit there and read the entire book, beginning to end, word for word. The orb dims until it is gone. There are two doors, both have hieroglyphic symbols on them. From each door after a while an orb enters, one glowing white, the other glowing yellow. Both take physical form in front of you then gently touch your shoulder. The orb or thing in which you are not accepted dissapears, then you are led to your new place of residence by two orbs who once outside take physical form, in the form of humans only with slightly different features.You are taken to a house, and once inside you are basically debriefed on what it all is that is happening. From there i have no idea I woke up.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You wake up from death on a table. You are shown two stone tablets with hieroglyphic writing on them. Those who know what they say are turned loose with no one around them and allowed to exit through a electric force field.

Those who aren't able to understand the tablets are led into another rooms. Both sets of people are examined before entering their doors by the way and injected with a serum. Possibly for eternal life and health but im not sure.

There is a waiting room, we all sit on chair like objects that scan our memories, from those scans books are printed. We grab the books and sign them, and wait for our turn. Once called upon we enter a room with a glowing orb. The orb talks and knows whats inside those books before we open them. We sit there and read the entire book, beginning to end, word for word. The orb dims until it is gone. There are two doors, both have hieroglyphic symbols on them. From each door after a while an orb enters, one glowing white, the other glowing yellow. Both take physical form in front of you then gently touch your shoulder. The orb or thing in which you are not accepted dissapears, then you are led to your new place of residence by two orbs who once outside take physical form, in the form of humans only with slightly different features.You are taken to a house, and once inside you are basically debriefed on what it all is that is happening. From there i have no idea I woke up.

That's a trip. What did you think after you woke up? (considering this is a dream and not a sarcastic near death experience)
  • djparamnesia
    djparamnesia Confirm Email Posts: 434
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Id rather worship the sun, inleast i can see it, and all the religious started from sun worship, and your messiah isnt so special, theres been around 30 from around the world, different times, before and after so called christ with the same story as his.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    so gods on a white throne reading some books

he takin a ?

whats the big deal?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That's a trip. What did you think after you woke up? (considering this is a dream and not a sarcastic near death experience)

I looked out my window and seen an alien face.

I think it was dream, i try to tell myself it was dream, but truth is, i ran downstairs and locked the door and turned on all the lights so quick ? sometimes all seems real.

You might think im jokin cause all the AAT ? we talk about, but im being serious, would love to relive that whole experience to see what was dreaming and what wasn't. Never the less the whole thing is the reason I choose to observe everything now before just making assumptions.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I looked out my window and seen an alien face.

I think it was dream, i try to tell myself it was dream, but truth is, i ran downstairs and locked the door and turned on all the lights so quick ? sometimes all seems real.

You might think im jokin cause all the AAT ? we talk about, but im being serious, would love to relive that whole experience to see what was dreaming and what wasn't. Never the less the whole thing is the reason I choose to observe everything now before just making assumptions.

No, I don't believe you're joking. If you say it is and explain then it's believable. You're not a "troll poster".

Just like when you say, "you experience ? when you die and come back, it's because that's your belief and mind working that way", think because of the AAT and what you believe or would like to believe, that's what you experienced?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No, I don't believe you're joking. If you say it is and explain then it's believable. You're not a "troll poster".

Just like when you say, "you experience ? when you die and come back, it's because that's your belief and mind working that way", think because of the AAT and what you believe or would like to believe, that's what you experienced?

I didn't believe in aliens til way after that. About 2-3 years ago I started to believe there were life forms somewhere else in the universe. I don't believe in the little green things with big eyes now, but life forms whether it be complex or not somewhere out there.

I was like 10 when it happened, to me at that time aliens were the things from men in black not sorta human looking beings. For all I know it might of been my own reflection in the window scared ? less, but I remember it as the green thing with ? eyes lol. Never seen it before then on tv or anything like that that I can remember but who knows.