This Polygraph thing takes you through the Billboard Rap Charts Top 10 from 1989 to 2015

Options

Comments

• Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Never wouldve guessed Fat Joe had a no. 1 rap single back in 93

What #1 song did Joe have in 93"

Flow Joe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHjCKIHjvpY
  • raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    _Goldie_ "its like my whole body is blushing" ;-) Bankrolls On Deck......We The Bankroll Mob

Like homie said a few post up, I'm surprised Jay didnt have a #1 hit until "Run This Town" , that's a damn shame.

Jigga My ? 99"
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Wayne had the spring and summer then tip had the winter of 2008-2009

Yea tip ties with Wayne for #3 most impressive, his run in the 2nd half of 08 was crazy

Like homie said a few post up, I'm surprised Jay didnt have a #1 hit until "Run This Town" , that's a damn shame.

Jigga My ? reached #1 on Rap charts in Sep 99
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited January 2016
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Wayne had the spring and summer then tip had the winter of 2008-2009

Yea tip ties with Wayne for #3 most impressive, his run in the 2nd half of 08 was crazy

Jigga My ? reached #1 on Rap charts in Sep 99

Ahhhhh, you're right ,I forgot, but even that was for only about a week. This is Hova, you would think he had more dominance on the charts.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bad Boy had that ? on muthafuckin lock in 97.

Wayne & TIP owned 08...

Macklemore was shittin on us in 2013
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    WTF, lmao at PSY in 12.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    South started dominating in 06' nothing but south artists in the top 10 for months
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Torey Lanes Say It is the number one song right now.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    T.I., Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, Missy Elliot, Puffy had a MEEEAAANN run :+1:

Lets put a * by Puffy's run, we all know why that happened smh.
  • bears2248
    bears2248 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    Options
    Nice find . And I didn't see any Ja Rule songs number 1.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    bears2248 wrote: »

Always on time

? crazy Ja only has one also.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    bears2248 wrote: »

"Always on Time" is a song by American rapper Ja Rule, featuring Ashanti, and produced by Irv Gotti. The music was written by 7 Aurelius, Ja Rule and Irving Lorenzo. The song became a worldwide hit and was Ashanti's first Hot 100 number one single and Ja Rule's second.

The song spent 2 weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 from February 23, 2002. It was followed by another Ja Rule duet, "Ain't It Funny (Murder Remix)" by Jennifer Lopez featuring Ja Rule.

That ? didnt really do a whole lot(other than helping the rap-signing ? smh) but he had his run.
  • raheemclassick
    Options
    Never wouldve guessed Fat Joe had a no. 1 rap single back in 93

Flow Joe"

My man asked what song it was and after I told him edited his post like he knew in the first place. lol #wheretheydothatat

Don't flatter yourself"
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u missed a chance to steal 5 gramps' "let's take it aaaaaaaaaaaaall the wayyyyyyyyy back" title
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to Bow Wow for being the only lil ? running the charts consecutively and making a brief comeback.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From 95-02 Jay only had one song to reach number 1 on the Hip Hop charts, yet during those years Jay was probably p4p the most dominate. Numbers can lie.

Flamyoant reached number1, crazy

50 had 3 right after each other back to back to back number 1's

The numbers are not lying, you need to just brush-up on how the music business works"

Please explain.
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The rap chart and the HIp Hop & R&B charts are two different things. Jay-z and Ja rule owned the Hip Hop & R&b chart.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Observations

damn Missy..let someone else be in the #1 spot

Bow Wow lost.....alot of female fans

You can tell right when the south took over..the south had all the top 10 spots near the end of summer 05
  • raheemclassick
    Options
    From 95-02 Jay only had one song to reach number 1 on the Hip Hop charts, yet during those years Jay was probably p4p the most dominate. Numbers can lie.

The numbers are not lying, you need to just brush-up on how the music business works"

Please explain.

I presume you think because Jay Z didn't have more # songs he maybe not sold that many records or his money might be funny.
    Other than those things, Jay Z's contract was structured exclusively for him, remember, he pays himself, that means he doesn't have to pay any other label, all his deals are basically distribution deals,
    he gets to keep more of the money made from his music sales"
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please explain.

I presume you think because Jay Z didn't have more # songs he maybe not sold that many records or his money might be funny.
    Other than those things, Jay Z's contract was structured exclusively for him, remember, he pays himself, that means he doesn't have to pay any other label, all his deals are basically distribution deals,
    Re read what I wrote.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • raheemclassick
    Options

Please explain.

Re read what I wrote.

You said Numbers can lie. / In Jay's case they don't, but they actually add up"