The Fact That The Movie 'Chiraq' Was So Bad.....

_God_
_God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
Shows what the issue with the progression of Black People. It is the generational divide. Chiraq showed me that Spike Lee as a conscious black man is completely out of touch with the youth.

The movie came across as one of those black power Twitter pages. The concept seemed to be based around shedding light upon the Liberian Lady story. This ? Spike stuck, he has to continue evolving. He put a stain on Chicago legacy and I'm not from chicago.

But the generational divide holds us back.

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A spike lee joint
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's funny because I rented it last night, this movie was all over the place for me. I liked the overall message, but the execution wasn't that great. This movie could have been done like Do The Right Thing or Clockers.

At one point of the movie I was checked out, the part were they did the slow jam and was singing and ? . I was like wtf when they rolled the bed in the gym and had a sex contest.

I also felt he could have done so much more with that cast. Aye that song Nick Cannon was rapping during the beginning credits was kinda hard tho. Lol
  • rebootx1
    rebootx1 Members Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    That ? was so bad anybody who say it wasn't that bad I'm not ? with no more cuz they mentally ? . It was a scene where she seduced a politician, dude had a confederate flag in the bacgroud, no one flies that ? in chicago, it just was corny anyone from chicago know u got a gyro cheeseburger, or some harolds, some drank, some smokes them hoes going. Also he over sexualized it and I'm surprised alot of females support it.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been a lot better if I were included.

@obnoxiouslyfresh would you have done any sex scenes or wore frosted daisy dukes like the leading lady in this movie?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like the way it was done. I would of preferred it was just a regular drama with out the gimmick. All that rhyming and Banana Sam talking crazy like some corny after school special was not my thing. You make that ? pg and it would of done better being aimed at kids, probably.

I think dude just failed at his approach with movie. Blacks know we got problems watching movies about it ain't been a big deal. The movie just needs to be good.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nex gin wrote: »
    Tried watching this ? w/ my girl and it was so bad and corny that we couldn't finish it. Every few minutes we would give each other this look like "did these mfs really just do/say" that.

Lol me and wifey got that same look
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea Chiraq put a stain on Chicago's legacy, and not the self claimed savages.

#ManDown
    #BangBang
    #RaiseTheCRIMERATE
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭

@obnoxiouslyfresh would you have done any sex scenes or wore frosted daisy dukes like the leading lady in this movie?

I have my dignity, ya know
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i enjoyed it..
    took a minute to get use to all the singing.. i understood the message it was sending..
    and Samuel L's parts were worth the price of admission alone..

some of u ? jus don't know how to enjoy ourselves..

and yeh.. that first song Nick did and how they were dancing was lit! lol
  • Splackavelli

I have my dignity, ya know

Ok!sorry for asking that of you queen
  • Splackavelli
    I wat he'd about 15 minutes this morning and picked back up an hour ago. General king Kong? Etc spike done lost his mind. He always had a weird abstract style of directing and narrative but this is the weirdest ? I've seen him do on film
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Just finished it today, that was the worst movie I ever seen....no lie, it played out like a b movie with a first time director. Spike Lee was always overrated....? was corny and over the top and felt hollow. This ain't NY this is Chicago its little rougher out this way. first time i wanted to turn movie off after 5 minutes
  • Splackavelli
    edited February 2016
    The only good thing about this movie was ? Lorraine all to the bang bang!
  • Splackavelli
    edited January 2016

I got a camera at the crib. Let's make a sequel

giphy.gif

I'm the producer Leon tibbs the 3rd and we are funky fingers productions. Now uhh... Howard where did I put my card?

Howard: "BAM!"
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the Chi-raq dvd this weekend. I have to say I really like the movie. Some ? could've been left out or changed but overall that was a damn good movie IMO.

Even though its named Chi-raq the movie ain't just about the ? happening in Chicago hence Angela Bassett talking Bodymore and Killadelphia and a few other cities in the movie.

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As weird and dumb as it was, it was his best movie since Inside Man

Sam Jackson & Dave Chappelle's cameo were best parts.

He shoulda never called it Chiraq. But he obviously titled it that to get some publicity. Thats the only reason anyone has been talking about this movie at all.

Spikes fall off has been real.

I will always remember him for Crooklyn & Clockers mostly
  • Splackavelli
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I bought the Chi-raq dvd this weekend. I have to say I really like the movie. Some ? could've been left out or changed but overall that was a damn good movie IMO.

Even though its named Chi-raq the movie ain't just about the ? happening in Chicago hence Angela Bassett talking Bodymore and Killadelphia and a few other cities in the movie.

I agree with angela in that scene though I hate that "chiraq" ? . ? always proud of negative destructive ? . why would you be proud your city has that reputation?
  • Splackavelli
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    As weird and dumb as it was, it was his best movie since Inside Man

Sam Jackson & Dave Chappelle's cameo were best parts.

He shoulda never called it Chiraq. But he obviously titled it that to get some publicity. Thats the only reason anyone has been talking about this movie at all.

Spikes fall off has been real.

I will always remember him for Crooklyn & Clockers mostly

I have to disagree it wasn't his best. it was his weirdest also wtf at that musical " oh girl " musical number that was worse than that "good or bad hair" ? from school daze. I didn't appreciate that general king kong ? and I fast forwarded on that love making boxing match part. i'll have to read or see a film on that greek tragedy he based this on to understand where he's coming from with this but this is weird . weirder than any thing else he's done in movies like girl 6 , he got game with that team line up scene in the beginning, she hate me, etc......