This is counterproductive

124»

Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a two edged sword,On one level because most low income or hoods are already on fire this throws gasoline on it.

On the other side,this is a real situation ppl live and ppl have every right to express that life

My only issue is theses rappers aren't really good and being wack is a badge of honor now.

Future does make catchy music though,he's garbage rap wise though
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Its hilarious to see people say music has no effect on them but they talk and dress like rappers, when they try to emulate everything except the murder and drug dealing.

Even the drug culture in general is glorified by rap music now you got people sippin lean and poppin pills because they heard it in a rap song.

You can't put your head in the sand but at the same time people make their own decisions and if they decide to live the life characters like Future claim to lead and they get shot or locked up or OD thats on them.

Nah the rap game reflects society, not the other way around
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Why would someone wack or flag the OP?

Do they think that clearly celebrating drug dealers is good?

Is that what being pro-black is about?

Smh.

Its wack because you need to shut the ? up. Who are you to tell anyone how to live their life and make their pay? Nobody but another ? on the Internet.

Just cause I'm on the Internet doesn't mean that I'm just another dude on the Internet.

I am a race man, that's who I am.

Now get lost, you ? clown.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smh.

Its wack because you need to shut the ? up. Who are you to tell anyone how to live their life and make their pay? Nobody but another ? on the Internet.

Just cause I'm on the Internet doesn't mean that I'm just another dude on the Internet.

No point in arguing with them. These are the same ? that say this generation is easily influenced by rap around and how they loathe it, but in this thread they are saying the exact opposite because they like Future.

Arguing with idiots is pointless
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smh.

I flagged it cuz I felt like it, ? . Do sumin. Don't forget, I still owe yo mark ass a swift ass head kick.

I hope you and whatever devil you end up with are rendered sterile and unable to infest this world with another ? ? or confused thot.

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the IC. A lot of these ? low key worship rappers, so u already know u aint gonna get too many ppl on here to admit the detrimental effects rap culture/music has on Blacks. Especially impressionable Black youth.

Waste of keystrokes arguing wit some posters regarding this topic.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016

Smh.

And future part of the race to shuffling ass ? . You are no authority over what he can or can't do don't even like the ? but who the ? are you to dictate his behavior.

Smh.

No point in arguing with them. These are the same ? that say this generation is easily influenced by rap around and how they loathe it, but in this thread they are saying the exact opposite because they like Future.

Arguing with idiots is pointless

Go ahead and point out who in thus thread said that. I'll wait.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    This is the IC. A lot of these ? low key worship rappers, so u already know u aint gonna get too many ppl on here to admit the detrimental effects rap culture/music has on Blacks. Especially impressionable Black youth.

Is rap music the cause of the ? up school systems? Poverty, lack of resources? The environment that these people live in are why they turn to crime, not no damn rap music.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »

Is rap music the cause of the ? up school systems? Poverty, lack of resources? The environment that these people live in are why they turn to crime, not no damn rap music.

Lol right, because most rappers are out here rapping about socioeconomic topics like ? up school systems. I love rap too, but ? lets be real, a lot of these rappers promote nothing but evil in their lyrics.
  • 5th Letter

Lol right, because most rappers are out here rapping about socioeconomic topics like ? up school systems. I love rap too, but ? lets be real, a lot of these rappers promote nothing but evil in their lyrics.

the bold could be easily debunked.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016

thats not what he is saying bruh.. what he is saying that poverty, crime, drug use and all these other issues that is plaguing the community happened before hip hop was created. people wont stop doing ? up ? if rappers all of sudden stopped talking about things people perceive as negative. if hip hop is to blame for all the hood struggle then how come so much ? up ? happened prior to hiphops creation??

Im not trying to give any of these rappers a pass, i just know that rapper A rapping about doing drugs isn't doing more harm to the community as the white media portrays it. notice all these bill oreilly, sean hannity, right wing conservatives.. yall dont even realize yall using their same talking points. "its the rappers fault"

yeah some rappers say some ? up ? .. but their has to be some form of accountability by the consumer.. and yes parents if that person is underage.. u says its folks on the IC that praise rappers (i agree, ? disgusting) but there also are people on the IC that lets the white media form their opinion for them.. The same white media that will ? about how raunchy & violent hip hop is... While they'll sit with their kids watching people get eaten alive on walking dead or some king have an orgy on Game of Thrones...thats another thing too there is so much violence in movies, televisions shows , videos online , but I never hear criticisms of these mostly white industries.. but somehow the one genre of music that is majority black... always gets blamed.. wonder why that is
  • 5th Letter
    JusDre313 wrote: »

thats not what he is saying bruh.. what he is saying that poverty, crime, drug use and all these other issues that is plaguing the community happened before hip hop was created. people wont stop doing ? up ? if rappers all of sudden stopped talking about things people perceive as negative. if hip hop is to blame for all the hood struggle then how come so much ? up ? happened prior to hiphops creation??

Im not trying to give any of these rappers a pass, i just know that rapper A rapping about doing drugs isn't doing more harm to the community as the white media portrays it. notice all these bill oreilly, sean hannity, right wing conservatives.. yall dont even realize yall using their same talking points. "its the rappers fault"

yeah some rappers say some ? up ? .. but their has to be some form of accountability by the consumer.. and yes parents if that person is underage.. u says its folks on the IC that praise rappers (i agree, ? disgusting) but there also are people on the IC that lets the white media form their opinion for them.. The same white media that will ? about how raunchy & violent hip hop is... While they'll sit with their kids watching people get eaten alive on walking dead or some king have an orgy on Game of Thrones...thats another thing too there is so much violence in movies, televisions shows , videos online , but I never hear criticisms of these mostly white industries.. but someone how the one genre of music that is majority black... always gets blamed.. wonder why that is

Couldn't have said it any better. If you still want to argue after reading this post then you're a lost cause. Even if you don't agree you have to at least understand.
  • A Talented One
    Jus Dre is a ? ? too.

Just putting that out there since I never have before.
  • A Talented One
    And for the record, I don't think rap created the hood. The evidence is clear: White people created it, and they still have a responsibility to clean it up, whether they fulfill that responsibility or not.

But rap can contribute to sustaining problems that afflict black communities without having played any part in creating them, as even a moment's reflection should make clear.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    My kid listens to hip hop. Does he let Future make his career decisions ? Nope.

Do you also protest mafia ... or bank heist movies ?

Basically trying to deny these entertainers a right to their expression. Focus on the root of the problem.

FYI - there was an era when there was a lot of "positive" rap - and guess what - there was still crime.

In fact, one could argue that it's counterproductive to complain about music when there's a lot of other real ? goin' on.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jus Dre is a ? ? too.

Just putting that out there since I never have before.

you call me a ? while not offering a rebuttal.. figures

you a ? ? , if you actually had a father im sure he'd be ashamed of you.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    jono wrote: »
    Parents aren't at fault for the most part. When a kid gets to a certain age the parental influence lessens.

Humans are influenced by who they spend the most time with. As a child its your parents, from the teen to young adult days its your friends and environment. This has been proven.

Parents can't control everything. Kids are bombarded with this stuff through all forms of media not just TV.

I know plenty of people whose parents didn't allow them to watch R rated movies or listen to music with cursing and they still did it when they got older.

This idea that parents are going to hold your hand throughout your life is unrealistic. Unless your Amish you will come across this stuff someway.

The concept of good parenting is subjective to the individual, and everything you're saying is specific to you. None of that ? you named can be applied to my upbringing or the people who grew up around me. My friends/associates and environment did not have more influence on me than my parents or even my extended family members, not even close. You seem to be describing what most would call a broken home, or just reflecting back to the way you transitioned from a kid to an adult.

Case and point, the more your parents are around to guide you, the better off you'll be, meaning you with parents will turn out better than you without parental influence. Assuming they knew better, if your parents didn't sit down and explain to you that entertainment is nothing remotely close to real life happenings, then your parents were at fault.