The Fact That The Movie 'Chiraq' Was So Bad.....

13»

Comments

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicago on fire right now, worst start since 1999, on pace for 1,500 murders, even the more calmer neighborhoods heating up
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the movie was straight
    there were many instances where, the dialogue was very cheesy, and cringe worthy, but overall it was a very very good movie.
    Chiraq in my opinion, will be one of those movies whose appeal rises over time. i think 5-10 years from now, this movie will be considered a classic to the next generation.
  • D0wn
    edited February 2016
    texas409 wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    No a fictional city would have been better but only half the people would have checked the movie.

Spike tried to play it both waus in interviews when he was getting backlash from Chi-natives. He was saying its not about Chicago... then why the ? is it called Chiraq?

He said its not a comedy... But it was

Satire = comedy

Nothing funny about kids murdering eachother in Chicago

And even tho he sets it in the Chi nothing about it was authentic to Chicago

The movie did have its funny parts but lets be honest if that church scene didnt get through to ? that murdering kids and each other needs to stop asap then I dont know what to tell them dumb Chicago ? cause nobody else is addressing the issue to the public but Spike....my point is yall ? trying to shoot the messenger

the funniest part of the movie was unintentional. it was the scene, the girls from the gangs were planning the sex strike for the first time, and Teyonah told them no more ? , and all the girls were like "say what!",and Snoop from the wire was one of them.

shaq-face.jpg

that was bad casting lmao

• D0wn
    The movie wasn't bad. The biggest complaint was that he chose Chicago as the setting; I think he should've created a fictional city inspired by Chicago (and other cities).

naw it was the name....i can see why ppl in chicago pann this ?
    Spike should of called it something else, and spent a lil more M's as in milli and months to promote it. It would of done better. overall it was still a good movie
  • D0wn
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I bought the Chi-raq dvd this weekend. I have to say I really like the movie. Some ? could've been left out or changed but overall that was a damn good movie IMO.

Even though its named Chi-raq the movie ain't just about the ? happening in Chicago hence Angela Bassett talking Bodymore and Killadelphia and a few other cities in the movie.

Also this movie is better as A DVD, BLUE Ray. IT's one of those movies, viewers won't fully grasp on first watch cause, there so much subliminal imagery....so much hidden gems. Like the all white tank, that had ? envy written on it. Or the purpose for the armory scene.

• D0wn
    i enjoyed it..
    took a minute to get use to all the singing.. i understood the message it was sending..
    and Samuel L's parts were worth the price of admission alone..

some of u ? jus don't know how to enjoy ourselves..

and yeh.. that first song Nick did and how they were dancing was lit! lol

speaking of Nick, that ? should play tupac. he did a good job in chiraq

idkwiz-khalifashrugwhatever.gif