If Lil Wayne Never Existed... Where Would Drake Be Right Now????

midwestgangsta
midwestgangsta Members Posts: 996
edited July 2010 in The Reason
Let's be serious... The only reason he is out at all is cause of wayne's cosign... without that he would just be up in Canada aye?

Comments

• I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited June 2010
    Probably on an underground scale dropping mixtapes
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Still making guest apperances on Degrassi and dropping mixtapes
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited June 2010
    Without Dame Jay wouldnt be anywhere
    Without Suge Pac wouldnt be a legend
    Without Dre Eminem wouldnt have been as big as he is
    Without Scarface Luda woulda probably signed wit rapalot and been on trae/z ro status and not have his career where its at today

Alotta people get cosigns but what you said about Drake is true and is true about alotta rappers
  • DB Cooper
    DB Cooper Members Posts: 746
    edited June 2010
    degrassi: in the workforce
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    If Wayne never existed, a lot of ppl ipods would have a LOT MORE unused memory for other songs
  • EscoHovNyGo
    EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
    edited July 2010
    Probably smashin one of those degrassi ? .. I know I would.
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    i knew drake before tha young money deal.....
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    prbably good, ? had a nice buzz off comeback season and could sitll make the same two hits that got him over "successful" and "best i ever had"
    he'd probably be less commercial as he wa smore so a backpacker on some elhzi ? when he started but crossed over after meeting wayne
  • ysl313
    edited July 2010
    Probably smashin one of those degrassi ? .. I know I would.

cassie-steele-02.jpg

CassieSteele-bikinitop_949.jpg
    she could get zeeeee ?
  • supersajinfo
    supersajinfo Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    mmhhmmm. Drake couldnt pull his woman if he tried.
  • ysl313
    edited July 2010
    mmhhmmm. Drake couldnt pull his woman if he tried.

nohomonohomo
  • tdoto88
    tdoto88 Members Posts: 751
    edited July 2010
    i guess nobody remembers the bidding war for drake between Lil Wayne & Jay-Z back in mid '06.... oh well..
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Let's be serious... The only reason he is out at all is cause of wayne's cosign... without that he would just be up in Canada aye?
    I agree with you to a certain degree. He wouldn't be getting nearly as much play & props as he's getting now, but he would have a deal. Drakes a good artist, but people need to face the facts that 80-90% of why he's even being talked about & even placed in the top tier of artist right now is because of his association with Lil Wayne.
  • ysl313
    edited July 2010
    tdoto88 wrote: »
    i guess nobody remembers the bidding war for drake between Lil Wayne & Jay-Z back in mid '06.... oh well..

you mean 08 and it wasn't 06 because comeback season hadn't even came out yet
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Without Dame Jay wouldnt be anywhere
    Without Suge Pac wouldnt be a legend
    Without Dre Eminem wouldnt have been as big as he is
    Without Scarface Luda woulda probably signed wit rapalot and been on trae/z ro status and not have his career where its at today

Alotta people get cosigns but what you said about Drake is true and is true about alotta rappers
    Dame & Suge weren't a mega-star rappers so that means Jay & Pac built their own fanbases & built their success with much less help from the people who helped them get on. Scarface was known, but not a major mega-star when he put Luda on either, so once again Luda built his own fanbase & didn't ride straight to the top because of who he was associated with & even though Dre was mega when Em entered, Em was just that good that people who weren't even ? with Dre like that took to him. I can tell you right now that the if Drake had to come in the game and make it off of his own abilities & with modest help from someone in the game like Jay, Pac, & Luda did he wouldn't be getting the burn that he's getting now. Let Lil Wayne stop co-signing this dude or diss him & watch how quickly he's forgotten about.
  • BossIntellect
    BossIntellect Members Posts: 382
    edited July 2010
    So Far Gone...
  • BossIntellect
    BossIntellect Members Posts: 382
    edited July 2010
    ysl313 wrote: »
    cassie-steele-02.jpg

cassiesteele-bikinitop_949.jpg
    she could get zeeeee ?
    yesssss!!!!!
  • ysl313
    edited July 2010
    tab58064 wrote: »
    Dame & Suge weren't a mega-star rappers so that means Jay & Pac built their own fanbases & built their success with much less help from the people who helped them get on. Scarface was known, but not a major mega-star when he put Luda on either, so once again Luda built his own fanbase & didn't ride straight to the top because of who he was associated with & even though Dre was mega when Em entered, Em was just that good that people who weren't even ? with Dre like that took to him. I can tell you right now that the if Drake had to come in the game and make it off of his own abilities & with modest help from someone in the game like Jay, Pac, & Luda did he wouldn't be getting the burn that he's getting now. Let Lil Wayne stop co-signing this dude or diss him & watch how quickly he's forgotten about.

Thats an ignorant statement bruh. Jay and pac were great rappers but had solid business minded ? around them...without dames pushing and marketing skills, jay probably would have fell off after his first two albums. Em would not have ever gotten on without Dre imo, unless another big name dude lik Dre gave him a solid cosign. Dudes get on not just because of music but by promotion and co-signs. If the dopest ? was always the most popular ? would have bought ten million copies og "Fishscales" and "The Estactic"
  • tdoto88
    tdoto88 Members Posts: 751
    edited July 2010
    you mean 08 and it wasn't 06 because comeback season hadn't even came out yet

Nah my b.. i meant 07.. i remember bein in my freshman dormroom readin Jay-Z & Lil Wayne were tryin to sign some dude from Canada.. he had a few joints out b4 comeback season
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited July 2010
    tab58064 wrote: »
    Thats an ignorant statement bruh. Jay and pac were great rappers but had solid business minded ? around them...without dames pushing and marketing skills, jay probably would have fell off after his first two albums. Em would not have ever gotten on without Dre imo, unless another big name dude lik Dre gave him a solid cosign. Dudes get on not just because of music but by promotion and co-signs. If the dopest ? was always the most popular ? would have bought ten million copies og "Fishscales" and "The Estactic"

This......
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Drake would be signed with Jay-Z right now, and would be a bigger star than he is now.....
  • savage life
    savage life Members Posts: 112
    edited July 2010
    tdoto88 wrote: »
    Nah my b.. i meant 07.. i remember bein in my freshman dormroom readin Jay-Z & Lil Wayne were tryin to sign some dude from Canada.. he had a few joints out b4 comeback season

nah i really think it was 08. however i think the same thing because how much some of ya'll knew about comeback season, alot of people never even heard of that mixtape until after he got big. then people started going through the archives. no matter what anybody says, EVERYONE gets help from somewhere
  • ysl313
    edited July 2010
    Drake would be signed with Jay-Z right now, and would be a bigger star than he is now.....

i thought the reaosn why he didn't sign wa sbecause jay an dame broke up and the orignal ROC roster wad done...i think he'd sign on to G.O.O.D. Music before a dead R.O.C. roster...seems like since he lvies off Ye's style he'd want to be closer to the guy that made it acceptable not to come from the hood and just make dope music
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    i thought the reaosn why he didn't sign wa sbecause jay an dame broke up and the orignal ROC roster wad done...i think he'd sign on to G.O.O.D. Music before a dead R.O.C. roster...seems like since he lvies off Ye's style he'd want to be closer to the guy that made it acceptable not to come from the hood and just make dope music

Yeah Drake does live off of Ye's style to a degree, so the better move would have been to sign with Jay and get even closer access to Ye. Kanye is one of the biggest geniuses in the industry right now, and sells a hell of a lot of records. Jay has been way more successful than Lil Wayne ever will, so Drake ? up signing with YM. He's doing his thing now, but Drake is gonna take a long time to go plat. I bet you Jay called Drake and told him, "You know, Kanye sold 800K when he first came out......"
  • savage life
    savage life Members Posts: 112
    edited July 2010

no matter how much people keep hyping him up, j.cole's career is not looking very promising right now. i think he fits in perfectly with wayne and his fan base. there basically the same people. jay fans probly wouldnt be feelin this dude