Kanye & Nicki Minaj Collaboration Coming...

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Reason
Nicki Minaj’s stock keeps rising. After appearing on records for Mariah Carey, Usher, Robin Thicke, Sean Kingston, and Christina Aguilera, Kanye West has called on hip-hop’s heroine for his new album.

BET’s Executive Vice President of Entertainment and Music Programming Stephen Hill was one of the lucky few invited to hear Mr. West’s eagirly-anticipated new project. “He’s got a track with Nicki Minaj that’s so dope,” he exclusively revealed to Rap-Up.com. “You won’t believe it when you hear it.”

The executive has heard four cuts from the album, tentatively titled Good Ass Job. “He comes back unapologetic and his performance [at the BET Awards] was stellar, absolutely stellar,” he said.

Hill described the direction as more reminiscent of the rapper’s first three albums. “It’s less like 808s & Heartbreak and more like Graduation.”

Kanye returned to the spotlight at last weekend’s BET Awards, where he opened the show with “Power” while wearing $300,000 in jewelry.

Source: http://www.rap-up.com/2010/06/30/exc...um/#more-50814

Comments

• midwestgangsta
    midwestgangsta Members Posts: 996
    edited June 2010
    Options
    good... the more videos we can get with her sexy ass in them the better
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Did anybody NOT expect this collaboration?
  • DB Cooper
    DB Cooper Members Posts: 746
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i like too see her in videos
    on mute
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited July 2010
    Options
    good way to get some extra sales
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Unless Nicki Minaj has a sextape dropping, I'm not really checking for her.....
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I was about to say no but I'm not surprise
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Unless Nicki Minaj has a sextape dropping, I'm not really checking for her.....

quoted for emphasis
  • BossIntellect
    BossIntellect Members Posts: 382
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ye always got hot tracks even when the feature sames a bit odd but for some reason I see this going down hill...
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    good way to get some extra sales

It appears that every song Nicki is featured on usually ends with Nicki stealing the show and the song not performing well commercially. Look at the examples:

Mariah- Up In My Face (this underperformed for a Mariah single especially in comparison to "Obsessed." The album that this Nicki featured single was slated to appear ended up being shelved)

Usher- Lil' Freak (out of the singles that were released from the album, this one was the lowest charted one)

Christina Aguilera- Woo Hoo (flopped period)

^^^Each of those songs would've probably been better off as Nicki singles, because they sound more like Nicki Minaj featuring them than vice versa. A lot of people thought that Usher sounded out of place on "Lil' Freak." The funny thing is 2/3 of those songs are produced by Polow, so it might be just that Nicki has great chemistry w/ his tracks. I think the Robin Thicke song that features Nicki is also Polow track (I might be wrong though).