• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Whay do you think about the lost. Personally I think it's pretty ? but want to hear others opinions

Dunno what you mean.

My bad on mobile what do you think about the list. Personally I say British were closer to world ? . Logistically speaking no way Mongols could have kept continue to expandable. To be fair its not like the majority of empires sought world dominate beside them, British, and debatably Roman.

Ah. Gotcha. I'm not really looking at it like that. I'm more looking at it like who's empire controlled more of the known world at the time. I'm not really taking into consideration the logistics of projecting being able or not being able to continue conquering other people and places. I'm just looking at what actually took place.

I could be wrong (doubt it), but I'm pretty sure the Mongols controlled more of he known world at their height than the British did at their height.

The British had more land at their height. But what the Khans were able to do was incredible, especially Kublai and Genghis. I consider Genghis Khan the greatest general of all time.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Kublai conquered all of China, so he may be a top 10 general of all time himself.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whay do you think about the lost. Personally I think it's pretty ? but want to hear others opinions

Dunno what you mean.

My bad on mobile what do you think about the list. Personally I say British were closer to world ? . Logistically speaking no way Mongols could have kept continue to expandable. To be fair its not like the majority of empires sought world dominate beside them, British, and debatably Roman.

Ah. Gotcha. I'm not really looking at it like that. I'm more looking at it like who's empire controlled more of the known world at the time. I'm not really taking into consideration the logistics of projecting being able or not being able to continue conquering other people and places. I'm just looking at what actually took place.

I could be wrong (doubt it), but I'm pretty sure the Mongols controlled more of he known world at their height than the British did at their height.

I wouldn't beable to say off hand since British owned colonies throughout African, had Australia, and had North America and Canada. I don't know exactly how much that would be landmass wise.

And I can understand it from your viewpoint just from the video premise it seemed to imply who actually had the ability to control the world regardless of how much land they actually controlled. I mean why else would they have America on the list.

yea but all of that was probably pretty easy to conquer, they couldnt really conquer anything in europe
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kublai conquered all of China, so he may be a top 10 general of all time himself.

I'll say Genghis deserves that spot at the very less being 7th or 6th
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The greatest General is General @zzombie when he frees the global Africans from oppression.

• kingblaze84
    Options

Interesting, who is in your top 5 then?
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1 Hannibal
    2 Alexander
    3 Charles the great
    4 Caesar
    5 Cyrus the great
    6 Napoleon
    7 Genghis
    8 belisarius

I wouldn't consider him even close to the GOAT but honorable mention to Shaka completly revolutionized warfare in southern africa
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    1 Hannibal
    2 Alexander
    3 Charles the great
    4 Caesar
    5 Cyrus the great
    6 Napoleon
    7 Genghis
    8 belisarius