Loss of Data from RAM installment

Options
silverfoxx
silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in IllTek
I just tried installing ram to my ASUS s500c laptop and all of my data is lost and I'm temporary signed in and can't access files.

My starting RAM was 4gb, I installed RAM that brought it to 11 gb of RAM.

Does anyone knows how to recover lost data or restore administrator settings on ASUS? Seems like its in safe mode or something.

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RAM is temporary memory. It would not do that. Make sure you shut down your computer and make sure all of your RAM is connected correctly.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    RAM is temporary memory. It would not do that. Make sure you shut down your computer and make sure all of your RAM is connected correctly.

I figured out what it is. I'm currently stuck in temporary sign in. I can't figure out how to get back my admin settings which is why my data is missing.

Do you guys know how to get rid of temporary sign in with ASUS?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not an ASUS issue, it's a Windows issue. What OS are you running? 7, 8/8.1 or 10?
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    It's not an ASUS issue, it's a Windows issue. What OS are you running? 7, 8/8.1 or 10?

And tbh my laptop is now facing a bigger issue. It's stuck in Boot mode, and won't even start up.the guy that tried to fix it I think ? up something.

I'm practically forced to get a new laptop now.
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you Google your issue, there are forums with people who have your exact same issue and some get resolved, a new laptop isnt necessary yet, you dnt have to know everything, just know the questions to ask
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    If you Google your issue, there are forums with people who have your exact same issue and some get resolved, a new laptop isnt necessary yet, you dnt have to know everything, just know the questions to ask

To late bruh lol. Thanks though fam
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    make sure youre grounded before installing anything into your computer. sounds like you may have damaged a component putting in your part.