Is terrorism an effective way to advance one cause?

12345679»

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    LOL those settlers wanted to terrorize the Natives so they could frighten them into leaving so they could take their land, come on now.
    the way you're using "terrorize," this really doesn't mean anything.
    I said in war, all sides MOST of the time use terror tactics.
    again, if you say "ALL SIDES most of the time use terror tactics," you're saying all sides do. and you're making this so universal as to make it lose all meaning.

said it before and will say it again: are you telling me there's NO other terminology you can use to discuss this conflict aside from "terrorism?"

also, i don't get why you keep saying "GUYS HAVE WRITTEN BOOKS" as if this is a groundbreaking concept.
    Not only did Natives die from contracting diseases to which they had no built up immunity, settlers provided disease infested blankets to hasten their deaths.
    side note: i think this "disease-infested blankets" claim makes me suspicious of the source because i believe it's a story that, while commonly told, isn't really supported.
    The Indian Removal Act was a form of terrorism, forcing innocent people off their land to make way for white settlers. Those who did not comply were killed or harmed in ways that frightened Native Americans into going along with the removal act.
    another good example: you say the Indian Removal Act was terrorism, but THEN say if you didn't comply with it, you were terrorized. so... was the Act terrorism or was terrorism used to support the act?
    Genocide is the worst kind of terrorism
    OR YOU COULD JUST CALL IT GENOCIDE.
    "genocide" isn't a strong enough term that you have to go "AND ALSO, TERRORISM" right after it?

this is why debating "terrorism" in 2016 sucks. everything, in every context, is "terrorism." come on, now.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    american_terrorists_by_m_i_l_i___l_i_t_e_r-d8r01sy.jpg

no-1-terrorist.jpg

pakistan-america-terrorist.jpg

--People worldwide seem to have very interesting ideas on who the top terrorists of the world are. We already know how the Native Americans feel.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have interesting ideas on Religion, economics, politics. Don't make it right neither did it make you right.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    --People worldwide seem to have very interesting ideas on who the top terrorists of the world are. We already know how the Native Americans feel.
    so i'm going to assume by this post that you concede the point that you use the term "terrorism" excessively.

also, please note your argument is now "if random guys wave a sign calling someone terrorists, that means it's terrorism" and consider how... unsupported that might be.
    We already know how the Native Americans feel.
    yes, i know, YOU READ A BOOK