Tekken 7 Fated Retribution thread (Akuma reveal)

13»

Comments

• Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paprika wrote: »
    Yep. And his lows look to have terrible start up frames. In fact all of his moves have terrible start up frames and look to be punishable.

He should be pretty free as his combo strings are slow. He's literally being played in SF4 speed while in a Tekken game.

Novelty character at best.

His lows are actually pretty good, especially his sweeps. Watch the video. The opponents had a hard time blocking them. It's not that Akuma is slow. His movement speed is ok. His attacks are slow in comparison to most of the Tekken characters, but that's because he's not made to string a bunch of quick moves together. In this game, you'll basically be hunting and pecking in an attempt to attacks and chain them into specials. Then when you get your EX meter up, you can use your EX meter to perform combos more comparable to what Tekken characters do.

His sweep, besides a heavy shoryuken is the easiest read. If you look at the Xiaoyu and Heihachi matches you'll see how slow they come out.

If there is one rule you can abide by in Tekken: players rarely block low.

As for playing him, fadc, his 1,1,2 and df 3,1,2 are all solid options not utilized in the video.

By the way, he is the only character without a released move list. Everyone else's is up on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AYTcsKGuWIU
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. And his lows look to have terrible start up frames. In fact all of his moves have terrible start up frames and look to be punishable.

He should be pretty free as his combo strings are slow. He's literally being played in SF4 speed while in a Tekken game.

His lows are actually pretty good, especially his sweeps. Watch the video. The opponents had a hard time blocking them. It's not that Akuma is slow. His movement speed is ok. His attacks are slow in comparison to most of the Tekken characters, but that's because he's not made to string a bunch of quick moves together. In this game, you'll basically be hunting and pecking in an attempt to attacks and chain them into specials. Then when you get your EX meter up, you can use your EX meter to perform combos more comparable to what Tekken characters do.

His sweep, besides a heavy shoryuken is the easiest read. If you look at the Xiaoyu and Heihachi matches you'll see how slow they come out.

As for playing him, fadc, his 1,1,2 and df 3,1,2 are all solid options not utilized in the video.

By the way, he is the only character without a released move list. Everyone else's is up on YouTube.

His movelist has been released.

wazalist_gouki.png

It's not on youtube like the others because he hasn't appeared in a finalized version of the game. This was just a location test. By the time FR is actually released, his movelist could be different.

And I see what you're saying about his sweep, but I wouldn't say it's an easy read. He also has his light low kick too which is pretty fast. As for the videos, there is a lot of stuff they didn't do. They didn't do things as simple as linking low kicks into EX moves. His EX shoryu and EX tatsu are his tailspin moves, so those can be used to do Tekken style combos. The Akuma players at the location tests didn't do that at all.
  • Paprika

wazalist_gouki.png

It's not on youtube like the others because he hasn't appeared in a finalized version of the game. This was just a location test. By the time FR is actually released, his movelist could be different.

And I see what you're saying about his sweep, but I wouldn't say it's an easy read. He also has his light low kick too which is pretty fast. As for the videos, there is a lot of stuff they didn't do. They didn't do things as simple as linking low kicks into EX moves. His EX shoryu and EX tatsu are his tailspin moves, so those can be used to do Tekken style combos. The Akuma players at the location tests didn't do that at all.

I imagined his set would be short but as per that list he is struggling for moves.

Agree on his EX Shoryu, that looks deadly.

I hope Harada used that time to see that he's lacking compared to the rest of the cast.
  • The Lonious Monk

wazalist_gouki.png

I imagined his set would be short but as per that list he is struggling for moves.

Agree on his EX Shoryu, that looks deadly.

I hope Harada used that time to see that he's lacking compared to the rest of the cast.

Yeah, they basically just ported him straight from SFIV. That's disappointing. I was hoping they'd reinvision him as a Tekken character not just try to "Tekkenize" his his SF incarnation. But as was said before, he seems to be a work in progress, so we'll see what they do with him.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruhh wtf @ that movelist. Lol. I told u they was bringing hcf hcb command inputs into this ? which don't belong here
    It does seem like they doing ok at getting him to be balanced, but wth is up with his launcher or does he even have one. Plz don't tell me it's his short tastu
  • The Lonious Monk
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    Bruhh wtf @ that movelist. Lol. I told u they was bringing hcf hcb command inputs into this ? which don't belong here
    It does seem like they doing ok at getting him to be balanced, but wth is up with his launcher or does he even have one. Plz don't tell me it's his short tastu

I don't think he has a traditional launcher, but it could just be that people never figured it out or used it. I'm not sure how much a launcher would help him though. He doesn't have the type of filler strings that make aerial juggles worthwhile in Tekken. He has his links instead, so his combos will work based on that.
  • Fosheezy

I don't think he has a traditional launcher, but it could just be that people never figured it out or used it. I'm not sure how much a launcher would help him though. He doesn't have the type of filler strings that make aerial juggles worthwhile in Tekken. He has his links instead, so his combos will work based on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRCm2boEPVY

@16:29 and @16:36 at least shows him doing some kind of basic uppercut which seems to be a WS+2 input maybe? It doesn't land though, but i really hope it launches. either that or he has a universal df+2 launch.
    It's Tekken, i don't see it being too hard to figure out what works for him as far as juggles he doesn't need filler strings, he can always just jab in between launch and enders. I noticed he has at least two 3 hit strings already too which can be used as juggle enders i presume.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited February 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRCm2boEPVY

@16:29 and @16:36 at least shows him doing some kind of basic uppercut which seems to be a WS+2 input maybe? It doesn't land though, but i really hope it launches. either that or he has a universal df+2 launch.
    It's Tekken, i don't see it being too hard to figure out what works for him as far as juggles he doesn't need filler strings, he can always just jab in between launch and enders. I noticed he has at least two 3 hit strings already too which can be used as juggle enders i presume.

I saw it land in another video. It staggered, but didn't launch. It can be linked to a shoryu though.

Edit: Looks like it does launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDrxEtVj-ng
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tokido (High Lvl SF Akuma Player) vs Nobi (Tekken Evo Champ)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obwJ1wSjCGM
  • The Lonious Monk
    That was a pretty good exhibition. That said, there's only so much you can tell from it. Nobi was clearly holding back a bit for the sake of the show. And Tokido was missing a lot of opportunities that the pros usually know how to hit either because of general Tekken rustiness or uncertainty with Akuma in Tekken.

I hope they tweak Akuma a little, but I'm with him as he is. The only thing I definitely want to see them change is the way certain moves like his shoryu and tatsu freeze after every hit. That fits in SF because that's the way all multi-hit attacks work in that game. In Tekken, it looks really out of place because hits don't look like that. I think it's the reason why people say Akuma looks "buggy."
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf was that a focus attack?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Wtf was that a focus attack?

Yeah, he has his focus attack. Tekken 7 has those invincible attacks from Tekken Revolution. Akuma's is his focus attack.
  • Fosheezy
    edited February 2016
    1.Tokido seems annoying as f to play against it don't look like he was holding back at all.

2. Raging demon links/is guaranteed after hit??? That's crazy

3. Seems like Akuma can link into Tatsu, hadoukens, and other shorts after certain counter-hit attacks only, otherwise not a natural combo

Also I noticed that @ 2:20 in the video Akuma WS uppercut launched. Can't tell if because it has CH or not though.

Akuma is starting to shape up nicely I can tell there's more detail added into his model now and it's looking like they managing to get him pretty balanced so far

He need better pressure options. Hadoukens not enough. He looks super unsafe on block for majority of his moves. He need more moves that give + frames on block
  • The Lonious Monk
    People already complaining about the fact that he can link the jab into the RD for a combo that doesn't scale. He needs options like that. The one thing that's clear is that it's hard for him to take away a lot of life.
  • Paprika
    edited February 2016
    If they fix his movement speed and change the focus attack cancel to one bar he could be a viable option. I really like his df 1, it looks like Law's.

Dragunov still a beast.
  • Paprika
    Most likely playing this game on mute when it comes out. The soundtrack is top tier garbage. They need to get those Tekken 2 composers back for this game.