What is Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?

Options
13»

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It even has a quote from Martin Luther King.
    "Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness."

Martin Luther King
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Famous INFJs

Martin Luther King
    Nelson Mandela
    Mother Teresa
    Alanis Morissette
    Jimmy Carter
    Nicole Kidman
    Goethe
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I KNEW I was a Rare ass ? outchea . . .

INFJ PERSONALITY (“THE ADVOCATE”)

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

Help Me Help You

INFJs indeed share a very unique combination of traits: though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain – INFJs will act with creativity, imagination, conviction and sensitivity not to create advantage, but to create balance. Egalitarianism and karma are very attractive ideas to INFJs, and they tend to believe that nothing would help the world so much as using love and compassion to soften the hearts of tyrants.

Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
    Martin Luther King
    INFJs find it easy to make connections with others, and have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact. It makes sense that their friends and colleagues will come to think of them as quiet Extroverted types, but they would all do well to remember that INFJs need time alone to decompress and recharge, and to not become too alarmed when they suddenly withdraw. INFJs take great care of other’s feelings, and they expect the favor to be returned – sometimes that means giving them the space they need for a few days.

Live to Fight Another Day

Really though, it is most important for INFJs to remember to take care of themselves. The passion of their convictions is perfectly capable of carrying them past their breaking point and if their zeal gets out of hand, they can find themselves exhausted, unhealthy and stressed. This becomes especially apparent when INFJs find themselves up against conflict and criticism – their sensitivity forces them to do everything they can to evade these seemingly personal attacks, but when the circumstances are unavoidable, they can fight back in highly irrational, unhelpful ways.

To INFJs, the world is a place full of inequity – but it doesn’t have to be. No other personality type is better suited to create a movement to right a wrong, no matter how big or small. INFJs just need to remember that while they’re busy taking care of the world, they need to take care of themselves, too.

I got the same thing.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Commander ENTJ-A
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ISTJ according to freshman year psych and my bookmarks.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    INTJ-T

The Architect.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOGICIAN (INTP-A)
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ESTJ-a

Makes sense.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ISTJ - the logistician
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Architect

It's funny that people keep saying the result is accurate. Of course it seems accurate because it's based on answers you give. The problem is people lie to themselves all the time. It would be interesting to see a test where friends and fam are the ones that answer the questions for you and then see how the results of that compare to the test you take.

Yeah, people do lie, but sometimes you have to be truthful to what you give it. My family and friends will see me more extroverted than introverted while my coworkers and Supervisor will see me as extreme introvert. While my family will see me more emotional than logical and etc, it's because I let them see a side I don't show people. Like my family shows me a side that they don't show to people. We have 3 different masks, how the world sees us, how our family and friends see us and how we see ourselves and like wise who we show to these 3 elements and who do we show to ourselves.

INTP fits me more than any of other type even if someone thinks differently, because I can lie to the world, but I cannot lie to Aaron Jackson and times I have told myself the bold truth that hurts, but I can't lie to myself or failure will come upon me.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Also INTP's tend not to be pragmatic people, but tend to be dreamy folks for future ? like Einstein and his theory of relativity.
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options