Unreleased Max B feat Wiz khalifa - Silver Surfer

lookdude
lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in The Reason
http://youtu.be/VGVF14iJLjo

Their “Silver Surfer” collaboration, which also features Joe Young and Alpac, was produced by Dame Grease and it came together through a series of events.

“The story behind this track is crazy,” Grease told Complex. “I had been working with Joe Young out of Germany, and he had an unreleased song with Max B from before Max got locked up. When the controversy over Kanye considering naming his album Waves and the dispute between Wiz Khalifa and Kanye happened, I spoke to Joe and said the time was right to let the world hear Max again.

“I got the Max vocals and produced a new beat, and we released that version of ‘Silver Surfer’ with just Joe Young and Max [earlier this month],” he added. “A few days after we announced the song and put it out, Kanye updated his album’s tracklist to have a ‘Silver Surfer’ interlude. Alpac from Max B’s Gain Greene team had the track and he was going to get on the remix, so he reached out and got Wiz Khalifa on it as well. It was a team effort and the end result is that classic wave.”

Max is currently in prison, serving a 75-year sentence for armed robbery, kidnapping, aggravated assault, and murder.

Comments