Because Im Black

Options
SolemnSauce
SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yall realize that when you attribute someones negative actions towards you, like saying "because im black".

You are low key blaming yourself for their actions. At the same time lowkey turning "being black" into a crutch you can never recover from. At the same time solidifying your hatred for being black because of how the world views blacks. B, you one step away from being Ben Carson and dont even know it.

Look at it like this, say you go to the store. You couldnt find ya jumps and its a quick run so you grab ya old A'ones. Da all white joints ya'mean. So you get to the store, lets say its best buy and the employee looks at your shoes when you ask for help. They have an impression from ya shoes that you wont be spending money so you are a waste of their time.

They treat you with an attitude. Honestly, that sales person is a short sighted ? . She just gone miss out on this sale, ? her. Thats how a person with confidence views it. A person without confidence says, she thinks poorly of me because of what i look like. If i looked better she'd treat me better.

So now they feel like they have to be fly at all times to avoid that. Meanwhile, its the ? that wrong..straight up and down.

So when you said, because im black..realize..you cant change that like shoes, so all you are doing is internalizing an anger to what you cant change. Meanwhile, white, black, green, purple...anyone that treats others wrong due to preconcieved notions is a ? . Its aint because your black. Its because they're a ? . So stop saying because im black.

Dont blame your skin color for someone elses BS.

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How's the kids Allergens
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like saying he's racist cause I'm black and not

He's racist because he is a bad person?

I can dig it
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    How's the kids Allergens

1pEhPtv.png

What business of that is urs?
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The problem with your scenario is that it goes off the assumption that people don't actually hate black people simply for being black. It's foolish to attribute that someone has a low sense of self worth of their self just because they point out the obvious. I'd a person says I don't like all ? then it's not a crunch time say he hates me solely off my skin color. Though some people do use it as a crutch.
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    The problem with your scenario is that it goes off the assumption that people don't actually hate black people simply for being black. It's foolish to attribute that someone has a low sense of self worth of their self just because they point out the obvious. I'd a person says I don't like all ? then it's not a crunch time say he hates me solely off my skin color. Though some people do use it as a crutch.

A person that hates you solely for the color of your skin is a ? . Its not the color of your skin, its the fact that they're a degenrate that made up their mind b4 you said a word.

You should not let him off the hook by accepting that its because your black. And not because they are just the cow ? that they are.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So aren't they a ? ... who hates Black people ?
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MoralOral wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »

A person that hates you solely for the color of your skin is a ? . Its not the color of your skin, its the fact that they're a degenrate that made up their mind b4 you said a word.

You should not let him off the hook by accepting that its because your black. And not because they are just the cow ? that they are.

I get what you saying but it's not like it's mutually exclusive. There both
  • SolemnSauce
    edited February 2016
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    So aren't they a ? ... who hates Black people ?

Anyone who makes up their mind enough to attach an emotion such as hate, based solely off the color of your skin. Is ? , and you should not reason it as such "they hate me because i black"

No...they hate you ...because they are ? ..black is their reasoning..but black is not the reason..dont ever tell yourself that
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #platthread

Its either they are a ? because I am black

Or

I am black because they are a ? ..
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    35mins too late for your 'Morning Rant' thread?
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    35mins too late for your 'Morning Rant' thread?

Forgot all about that
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh he tryin to be serious.

didnt read but on topic i never say such in such because im black
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get what you are saying. But I'm in the middle of the road on this one.

It is a possibility for people to hide behind being black as an excuse for every unfavorable encounter they have with a person of another race. That is an excuse for lacking accountability for some.

But at the same time, certain individuals CAN exhibit biases and express subconscious bigotry in his they treat others, even when it unjustified.

To me, people should always be able to look themselves in the mirror and be honest with themselves about who they are when it comes to self reflection. Whether that be bad or good.

But you should always be aware of the reality of our society and the fact that racisim and colorism DO exist. Just don't let it consume you to the point that you become the things you hate.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can be aware of racism without attributing everything negative that happens on a day to day basis to racism.

There are any number of variables to consider also. People hate all kinds of things, it might not even be about you this particular person might be having a bad day and they have a poor attitude, they could be miserable period, who the hell knows.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    move this to his morning rant thread
  • SolemnSauce
    Options
    I get what you are saying. But I'm in the middle of the road on this one.

It is a possibility for people to hide behind being black as an excuse for every unfavorable encounter they have with a person of another race. That is an excuse for lacking accountability for some.

But at the same time, certain individuals CAN exhibit biases and express subconscious bigotry in his they treat others, even when it unjustified.

To me, people should always be able to look themselves in the mirror and be honest with themselves about who they are when it comes to self reflection. Whether that be bad or good.

But you should always be aware of the reality of our society and the fact that racisim and colorism DO exist. Just don't let it consume you to the point that you become the things you hate.

The second half of that thought involves a person that has a type of reasoning that isnt prone to turning things inward. How many of those people you think would exsist in a room full of 100 people?