This searing cartoon perfectly explains how white Democrats are playing the race card

2»

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Stiff wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Of course, Clinton supporters are guilty of doing this as well. They promoted, as one example, civil rights hero Rep. John Lewis's comments that he never saw or met with Sanders at civil rights protests — a shot against Sanders's past remarks that he protested segregation in the 1960s. (Sanders did protest; the question is just how involved he really was and how relevant that is to today's Black Lives Matter protests.)

CbnxA_IWEAAwwf8.jpg

That's not really a question.

what trips me out about the whole thing is...Sanders was REALLY out there...and has been out there for a long ass time. In the 60s he coulda just been living life being a white Jew...what the ? did he gain by being beaten by the police for ? ?

But now for some reason so-called Black "leaders" for the most part supporting Hillary Clinton by default. Why tho? What in her or Bill's record makes people think that she gives in semblance of of a quarter-? about Black people? Everybody complains about the disproportionate sentencing in the drug-laws...the Clintons championed that ? ! Hillary Clinton was going around the 90's stumping calling Black people "super-predators". Bill Clinton signed the law that expanded the war on drugs. Why are they acting like this didn't happen?

Everybody knows that the The Great Recession hit Black people waaaaay harder than everybody else. Deregulation is partly if not mostly to blame for that. It was Bill Clinton who repealed Glass-Steagle that let the Banks go wild with everybody's money. It didn't even take a decade after Clinton signing the GLBA for the entire economy to implode. The Clintons work for themselves and wall Street period. Always have always will. She's just gonna say whatever she has to say to get elected. I lose respect for every Black leader that comes out and says they endorse Clinton..because they only doing so for personal advancement. And it's a shame because John Lewis is MY congressman here in Atlanta and he put in so much work for a long time..but he selling Black people up the river by acting like Hillary gives a ? about us....he being opportunistic af. They even got the mayor here on a radio commercial ad telling everybody they need to get out and vote for hillary. Everytime it come on I gotta change the station...can't listen to that ? on my way to work.

I don't give a ? how many negroes in suits you parade out in front of me...I'm not voting for wack ass hillary. Not on Super Tuesday and if she wins the nomination not in November. Ok had to get that off my chest

My thoughts exactly

Bernie isn't the perfect candidate, but I don't understand the starch support of the Clintons

And do ppl forget in 2008 the distinctly racist undertones of her 08 campaign against Obama???

Remember during a debate she was trying to paint Obama as having close ties with Farrakhan, who in some white ppls eyes is the devil incarnate

Before that she was taking swipes at Obama for his close ties with Jeremiah Wright

Then many ppl accused Clinton's campaign of circulating a picture of Obama in traditional Somali garb

Doesn't sound like the actions of someone truly concerned with racial injustices

I'm young..I was 8 when Clinton left office so I wasn't around back then paying attention...but I just can't find any meaningful reason for Black people to be so loyal to the Clintons? In hindsight it seem like he ain't really do ? for Black people...and they called him the "first Black president" why?? It can't just be because of him playing the saxophone on Arsenio that time...just can't be.

sadly.. i think thats it..

oh!
    and he gave ? houses witout the means to keep to keep it..

*thinkin*

yeh.. thats all i got..
    deadeye wrote: »

Your'e right.

It's mainly because he got head from a fat white chick.

715keq.gif

smh...

you know what ? it if Sanders ain't on the ballot in november I'm voting for Trump..that's the president ? deserve

I swear in the 90's the "Getting head in the white house is the 1st thing a black president would do" was in like 95% of comedy routines. Why in the hell people identified that as something a black president would do never made sense to me even being younger growing up in the 90s and made less sense as I got older.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Sanders is behind the ppl

He's the most authentic politician I've seen.

Sanders never had a job til he was 40, and has no idea how to manage a budget. Everytime he "appeals" to Black people, he mentions crime.....

Hillary is just as bad. She was throwing shade 8 years when courting the white vote. And now she's trying to act like the white Sister Souljah.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    Of course, Clinton supporters are guilty of doing this as well. They promoted, as one example, civil rights hero Rep. John Lewis's comments that he never saw or met with Sanders at civil rights protests — a shot against Sanders's past remarks that he protested segregation in the 1960s. (Sanders did protest; the question is just how involved he really was and how relevant that is to today's Black Lives Matter protests.)

CbnxA_IWEAAwwf8.jpg

what trips me out about the whole thing is...Sanders was REALLY out there...and has been out there for a long ass time. In the 60s he coulda just been living life being a white Jew...what the ? did he gain by being beaten by the police for ? ?

But now for some reason so-called Black "leaders" for the most part supporting Hillary Clinton by default. Why tho? What in her or Bill's record makes people think that she gives in semblance of of a quarter-? about Black people? Everybody complains about the disproportionate sentencing in the drug-laws...the Clintons championed that ? ! Hillary Clinton was going around the 90's stumping calling Black people "super-predators". Bill Clinton signed the law that expanded the war on drugs. Why are they acting like this didn't happen?

Everybody knows that the The Great Recession hit Black people waaaaay harder than everybody else. Deregulation is partly if not mostly to blame for that. It was Bill Clinton who repealed Glass-Steagle that let the Banks go wild with everybody's money. It didn't even take a decade after Clinton signing the GLBA for the entire economy to implode. The Clintons work for themselves and wall Street period. Always have always will. She's just gonna say whatever she has to say to get elected. I lose respect for every Black leader that comes out and says they endorse Clinton..because they only doing so for personal advancement. And it's a shame because John Lewis is MY congressman here in Atlanta and he put in so much work for a long time..but he selling Black people up the river by acting like Hillary gives a ? about us....he being opportunistic af. They even got the mayor here on a radio commercial ad telling everybody they need to get out and vote for hillary. Everytime it come on I gotta change the station...can't listen to that ? on my way to work.

I don't give a ? how many negroes in suits you parade out in front of me...I'm not voting for wack ass hillary. Not on Super Tuesday and if she wins the nomination not in November. Ok had to get that off my chest

My thoughts exactly

Bernie isn't the perfect candidate, but I don't understand the starch support of the Clintons

And do ppl forget in 2008 the distinctly racist undertones of her 08 campaign against Obama???

Remember during a debate she was trying to paint Obama as having close ties with Farrakhan, who in some white ppls eyes is the devil incarnate

Before that she was taking swipes at Obama for his close ties with Jeremiah Wright

Then many ppl accused Clinton's campaign of circulating a picture of Obama in traditional Somali garb

Doesn't sound like the actions of someone truly concerned with racial injustices

I'm young..I was 8 when Clinton left office so I wasn't around back then paying attention...but I just can't find any meaningful reason for Black people to be so loyal to the Clintons? In hindsight it seem like he ain't really do ? for Black people...and they called him the "first Black president" why?? It can't just be because of him playing the saxophone on Arsenio that time...just can't be.

oh!

*thinkin*

yeh.. thats all i got..
    deadeye wrote: »

Your'e right.

It's mainly because he got head from a fat white chick.

715keq.gif

smh...

you know what ? it if Sanders ain't on the ballot in november I'm voting for Trump..that's the president ? deserve

I swear in the 90's the "Getting head in the white house is the 1st thing a black president would do" was in like 95% of comedy routines. Why in the hell people identified that as something a black president would do never made sense to me even being younger growing up in the 90s and made less sense as I got older.
    Its crazy can't wrap my head around people really taking that comedy for truth but.. smh at ? buying and subscribing to it.. but then again...? gon nig
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    If they're in office what will Bernie Sanders and Hilary Clinton do specifically for black people?

"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." -JFK

We're always asking what politicians can do for us but then get disappointed real quick. Meanwhile our civic engagement is poor to nonexistent.

I'll give you an example, the city of Ferguson is majority black but 5 of the 6 city council members were white in addition to the mayor being white at the time Micheal Brown was killed.

Who's fault was that?

Let me reword the question. Since Bernie Sanders and Hilary Clinton are campaigning for the black vote, if black people vote for them what will they be doing for us, go.

Wrong question. That's a lazy thought process that our people need to shake the hell out of our systems. The only question we should be asking is, "what policies well help our communities," and we should be asking that to ourselves. At that point we can go about voting for the candidate whose policies are inline with black interests. Instead of this facade of politicians promising pipe dreams just to swipe the black vote, knowing near not a promise will come to fruition.
  • (ob)Scene
    edited February 2016
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Sanders is behind the ppl

He's the most authentic politician I've seen.

Sanders never had a job til he was 40, and has no idea how to manage a budget. Everytime he "appeals" to Black people, he mentions crime.....

Hillary is just as bad. She was throwing shade 8 years when courting the white vote. And now she's trying to act like the white Sister Souljah.

So you're saying that one discusses creating economic opportunities in minority communities to curb crime.

The other jumps from being down for the cause to making racially charged insinuations whenever she deems it politically beneficial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b0ftfKFEJg
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    If they're in office what will Bernie Sanders and Hilary Clinton do specifically for black people?

"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." -JFK

We're always asking what politicians can do for us but then get disappointed real quick. Meanwhile our civic engagement is poor to nonexistent.

I'll give you an example, the city of Ferguson is majority black but 5 of the 6 city council members were white in addition to the mayor being white at the time Micheal Brown was killed.

Who's fault was that?

Let me reword the question. Since Bernie Sanders and Hilary Clinton are campaigning for the black vote, if black people vote for them what will they be doing for us, go.

Wrong question. That's a lazy thought process that our people need to shake the hell out of our systems. The only question we should be asking is, "what policies well help our communities," and we should be asking that to ourselves. At that point we can go about voting for the candidate whose policies are inline with black interests. Instead of this facade of politicians promising pipe dreams just to swipe the black vote, knowing near not a promise will come to fruition.

If that's the case then why are they campaigning so hard for the black vote? If they want the black vote they have to do something in our interest to get our vote. Other groups gets specific things done for them but when it comes to black people it's always some excuse like the ? you said in your post.
  • (ob)Scene

Who's fault was that?

If that's the case then why are they campaigning so hard for the black vote? If they want the black vote they have to do something in our interest to get our vote. Other groups gets specific things done for them but when it comes to black people it's always some excuse like the ? you said in your post.

Doing adequate research on these politicians and not begging for handouts is not an excuse lmao. They campaign hard for the votes because that's what they're supposed to do. It's politics fella. Them campaigning hard doesn't make it okay to bend over and ask them to lie to us.

Those other communities vote with what their interests are. You don't see the others snatching stage from every single candidate in a race asking what will you do for us. They get behind the one that will benefit them most.
  • 5th Letter

Who's fault was that?

Doing adequate research on these politicians and not begging for handouts is not an excuse lmao. They campaign hard for the votes because that's what they're supposed to do. It's politics fella. Them campaigning hard doesn't make it okay to bend over and ask them to lie to us.

Those other communities vote with what their interests are. You don't see the others snatching stage from every single candidate in a race asking what will you do for us. They get behind the one that will benefit them most.

Donald Trump did/does rallies and says if he's elected he's going to do XYZ and that appeals to his base. All these politicians do is come to the black communities and dance and recite rap lyrics and because they're sympathetic to black people problems blacks feel like they have to vote for these politicians. Yet if you ask them what are you going to do for us, they play Jedi mind tricks and start talking that "minority's" ? and they become very careful with their words and we accept it. Btw these politicians aren't simply campaigning because that's what they're supposed to do. They're going after the black vote because for some reason black people are married to the Democratic Party. So they show their face and give us attention and that's good enough. Other groups like the Jews, the Asians, Native Americans etc gets specific things from the government that's exclusive to them, but it's wrong for black people to ask for specific things? We are the most disenfranchised group in this country we need the most help.
  • (ob)Scene
    edited February 2016

Who's fault was that?

Donald Trump did/does rallies and says if he's elected he's going to do XYZ and that appeals to his base. All these politicians do is come to the black communities and dance and recite rap lyrics and because they're sympathetic to black people problems blacks feel like they have to vote for these politicians. Yet if you ask them what are you going to do for us, they play Jedi mind tricks and start talking that "minority's" ? and they become very careful with their words and we accept it. Btw these politicians aren't simply campaigning because that's what they're supposed to do. They're going after the black vote because for some reason black people are married to the Democratic Party. So they show their face and give us attention and that's good enough. Other groups like the Jews, the Asians, Native Americans etc gets specific things from the government that's exclusive to them, but it's wrong for black people to ask for specific things? We are the most disenfranchised group in this country we need the most help.

We pretty much agree on most of these points. However, the only difference between us and those minority groups is that they generally don't ? themselves out to every candidate on a campaign trail. They identify the candidate that is for them, they get behind that candidate and they see to it that they get in power.

We on the other hand are at every political rally asking for promises regardless of whether or not the candidate has a track record of supporting black causes. Why are we asking everyone to promise us ? instead of going to the candidate whose proposals will be of benefit to us? That's lazy and is no way what ends up getting those other minority groups the exclusive benefits you say they get.

You're going to a politician, who will say anything to get the job, and asking them to promise you ? . Then get surprised when they don't come through as if they ever possessed a track record that would lead you to believe they'd follow through.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Good luck with this national political theatre ? . If I actually believed in it I'd be even more disappointed.

Just to indulge it for a minute, what has Sanders, Clinton, etc proposed that will possibly benefit YOUR life on an INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL level in a positive way as a black person living in America?

Not what effects "the group" but what actually affects YOU.
    E.g., Not crime if you are not a criminal....
    E.g., Not jobs if you are employed or an entrepreneur...

What are they actually promising YOU with evidence of follow through worth YOU voting for?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with this national political theatre ? . If I actually believed in it I'd be even more disappointed.

Just to indulge it for a minute, what has Sanders, Clinton, etc proposed that will possibly benefit YOUR life on an INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL level in a positive way as a black person living in America?

E.g., Not crime if your not a criminal....
    E.g., Not jobs if your employed...

Based off what Bernie proposed:

Single payer health care system...as a person that's currently uninsured that would give me access to cheaper health coverage than I have right now

And raising the minimum wage to $15...as a person that works 2 jobs, one part time at $11/hr and one full time at $10/hr .. that would put waaaaaay more money in my pocket...probably even enough money to quit one of the jobs and go back to school in the evenings where I would have

Tuition free classes at a public university.
  • leftcoastkev

Single payer health care system...as a person that's currently uninsured that would give me access to cheaper health coverage than I have right now

And raising the minimum wage to $15...as a person that works 2 jobs, one part time at $11/hr and one full time at $10/hr .. that would put waaaaaay more money in my pocket...probably even enough money to quit one of the jobs and go back to school in the evenings where I would have

This is good.
  • 5th Letter

Who's fault was that?

We pretty much agree on most of these points. However, the only difference between us and those minority groups is that they generally don't ? themselves out to every candidate on a campaign trail. They identify the candidate that is for them, they get behind that candidate and they see to it that they get in power.

We on the other hand are at every political rally asking for promises regardless of whether or not the candidate has a track record of supporting black causes. Why are we asking everyone to promise us ? instead of going to the candidate whose proposals will be of benefit to us? That's lazy and is no way what ends up getting those other minority groups the exclusive benefits you say they get.

You're going to a politician, who will say anything to get the job, and asking them to promise you ? . Then get surprised when they don't come through as if they ever possessed a track record that would lead you to believe they'd follow through.

No bro if you are asking for the black vote then we need you to do something for us for voting for you. If not then don't come around us begging for our votes. Other groups don't need to ? themselves out because those tangible things are already given to them without much of a fight. None of these candidates are really for us, the difference is democrats just use us for what amounts to free votes since we are married to their party. They come around us and tell us "cops are senselessly killing your people and we recognize that problem" we get all excited because they acknowledge our problems so they must be the candidates that's for us. Yet if we ask them for a solution then they say ? like "well if I am elected I will create programs to help minorities" then we hear that and we accept it. ? that, I need to hear what are you going to do specifically for black people, not "minorities" if other groups can get things then should we. If not stay the ? outta our communities.
  • 5th Letter

Sounds good. Except everybody would benefit from this including the ? . Yet Bernie would make sure to give specific benefits to Jews, specific benefits to ? , Native Americans etc. What specific benefits will he make sure black people receive?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    babelipsss wrote: »
    Bernie can backtrack all he wants. The fact is that he willingly voted for the 1994 crime bill.
    if this is in and of itself a disqualification, why do you exempt Hillary, who supported it to the fullest of her abilities?
  • Stiff

Sounds good. Except everybody would benefit from this including the ? . Yet Bernie would make sure to give specific benefits to Jews, specific benefits to ? , Native Americans etc. What specific benefits will he make sure black people receive?

I mean it seems you're looking for the Black People Winning Act of 2017...and yeah that's not gonna happen...ever. It would make no sense for me to turn down getting some benefits because some white people would benefit from it too. Do I benefit? Yes? Would other Black people benefit? Then ? who else benefits.

I'm sorry bro reparations are never coming. Ever. Never ever. If you're waiting to vote on the candidate that's promising reparations then you're never going to vote.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

CbnxA_IWEAAwwf8.jpg

My thoughts exactly

oh!

*thinkin*

yeh.. thats all i got..

oh yeh..
    and they moved to Harlem or station there or some ? !!?

thats all i got. lol
  • Stiff

CbnxA_IWEAAwwf8.jpg

My thoughts exactly

oh!

*thinkin*

yeh.. thats all i got..

oh yeh..
    and they moved to Harlem or station there or some ? !!?

thats all i got. lol

Yea he moved his office there after he left the presidency...

so he moved to a gentrifying neighborhood and saved an ass of money on Manhattan real-estate. aite add that to the list..

So far we got:

got head from an intern
    Played the saxophone on Arsenio that one time
    and made a savvy real estate investment in a Black neighborhood

And for that he and his spouse have unconditional support from Black people for life.

Black people Deserve Trump
    America Deserves Trump
  • 5th Letter

I mean it seems you're looking for the Black People Winning Act of 2017...and yeah that's not gonna happen...ever. It would make no sense for me to turn down getting some benefits because some white people would benefit from it too. Do I benefit? Yes? Would other Black people benefit? Then ? who else benefits.

I'm sorry bro reparations are never coming. Ever. Never ever. If you're waiting to vote on the candidate that's promising reparations then you're never going to vote.

Native Anericans gets reparations
    Jews gets reparations
    ? gets laws changed in their favor
    Latinos get benefits

Cool so I'll not vote for presidents and I'll stick to local voting since that actually impacts my life more than a presidential election.
  • Stiff

Jews gets reparations
    Latinos get benefits

Cool so I'll not vote for presidents and I'll stick to local voting since that actually impacts my life more than a presidential election.

Native Americans get ? over habitually
    Jews have klout and a state backing them in Israel
    ? have a strong political movement
    I'm not sure what benefits you're referring to that Latinos get

Japanese Americans got reparations because Japan had a flourishing economy in the 80s and it behooved the US govt to make sure there were no hard feelings

Why should Black people get anything other than "out of the goodness of white people's hearts" ? Like what incentive does "The Establishment" have to give Black people anything? Black people exercise no power...and the few cards we have we squander supporting the Democratic party unconditionally without asking for anything in return. Why in the world would Black people get something especially for us? And I'm not talking about "deserve". I'm talking about what's in it for them giving us anything. That's not how the world works and never has.

You right about local elections though. But as I outlined there are certain issues that are in the discourse on a national level that effect me personally so I have reason to support who I'm supporting.
  • 5th Letter

Jews gets reparations
    Latinos get benefits

Japanese Americans got reparations because Japan had a flourishing economy in the 80s and it behooved the US govt to make sure there were no hard feelings

Why should Black people get anything other than "out of the goodness of white people's hearts" ? Like what incentive does "The Establishment" have to give Black people anything? Black people exercise no power...and the few cards we have we squander supporting the Democratic party unconditionally without asking for anything in return. Why in the world would Black people get something especially for us? And I'm not talking about "deserve". I'm talking about what's in it for them giving us anything. That's not how the world works and never has.

You right about local elections though. But as I outlined there are certain issues that are in the discourse on a national level that effect me personally so I have reason to support who I'm supporting.

Exactly, why vote for people who don't deem it necessary to do anything for black people. You said it doesn't benefit them and that's a point of view or angle I'm well aware of, my point being is if they are lobbying for our votes then we should be asking what will they do for us. If they can't do anything specific for us while they continually give other groups benefits then we should withhold our votes. That's my point.
  • Stiff

Jews gets reparations
    Latinos get benefits

Exactly, why vote for people who don't deem it necessary to do anything for black people. You said it doesn't benefit them and that's a point of view or angle I'm well aware of, my point being is if they are lobbying for our votes then we should be asking what will they do for us. If they can't do anything specific for us while they continually give other groups benefits then we should withhold our votes. That's my point.

Fair point and I'm partially in agreement with you, but again Bernie Sanders has proposals that would benefit me directly so i felt compelled to support him. Hillary not so much which is why I dont intend to vote for her.
  • leftcoastkev
    edited February 2016

Jews gets reparations
    Latinos get benefits

Fair point and I'm partially in agreement with you, but again Bernie Sanders has proposals that would benefit me directly so i felt compelled to support him. Hillary not so much which is why I dont intend to vote for her.

I can understand your individual position.

The difference between you and me is that it sounds like you still have hope. When I was younger I had hope too, lol. Now I'm just like whatever I'm gon get mine however it go.

I see Clinton and Sanders as playing a losing hand. That's my point of reference. My point of view is not optimistic. But I do watch the debates. I hear what they say. Where I am personally in my life nothing Sanders has presented would do anything to help me as an individual and Clinton is not even worth considering based on the past. Voting for Clinton to me is like voting for Trump one will smother you in your sleep and the other will shoot you in the face. U gon get it either way but most ? rather die in their sleep and have an open casket to be fly one last time.

Aside from being an "individual", as a black person all I see is tap dancing when it comes to things specific to black people from Sanders.

So at this point it's 2 choices, vote for Sanders cuz "? gotta eat" and hope he follows through on what you as an individual can get out of it....putting any allegiance to your ppl aside.....or don't vote.

I can't impose my point of view on nobody else though.

Everybody got their own personal situation. Sanders can't do ? for me as an individual and hasn't promised ? for my people either.

I agree with @5th Letter on his points about withholding the vote and how the black ppl pledge support without compensation. Blacks need to carve out our own space.