The FOX trailer for Lucifer is out

2»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    The essence of the character in the comics is completely missing in this show. He's supposed to be a guy that you simply do not ? with and who always has complex plans and schemes in motion that nobody knows about until they come together.

This Lucifer is basically a whiny-voiced clown who comes off as a bit of a ? (like why has it not occurred to him that the chick who his "powers" don't work on happens to be the same chick that could hurt him with a gun?).

Is Michael even on this show? I have yet to watch it. I know adaptations are gonna take liberties but as a fan of the original comic who's usually open minded with adaptations this is too much even for me. I really worry about Preacher now.

I don't think you have to worry about Preacher. It's on AMC. They take liberties, but they tend to keep the essence of the source material intact. Network TV is different. They try to appeal to a larger demographic. Lucifer may have gone of the tracks, but I think they can pull it back after they've drawn in the audience they want. It's not like something like Once Upon a Time, where they took the theme of Fables and said "? You" to pretty much every other aspect of that comic.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maze sexy as ? . Yall missing out