What were you doing when Young Ashley (AyeB_) was born?

Options
124»

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    96 I was playing basketball everyday literally everyday and riding my bike around the neighborhood I was tall for my age so I could pass for an older kid.

I remember my 2 older cousins who were more like brothers to me growing up use to come pick me up and take me places with them like Grambling State University's Springfest, homecoming, and ? day (which was held in some little town but got to be a big deal) and I use to try to holla at all the college ladies to no avail.

I wasn't interested in nothing, but playing basketball, macking the ladies, and looking fresh in my little Tommy Hilfiger outfits which was a very popular brand around that time.

I hit up Springfest in 94 and 95. 96 I actually went to a Methodist convocation in Birmingham. Wow! Everybody was ? everybody. Pastors getting ? then doing the next service. This college chick I met there had a tub full of liquor. I ? chicks from three different states there. We stayed lit! It was so bad my pastor had to come get us from the hotel cause we drank every night til 3am! Never in my life have I ever seen such debauchery at a church function.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    96 I was playing basketball everyday literally everyday and riding my bike around the neighborhood I was tall for my age so I could pass for an older kid.

I remember my 2 older cousins who were more like brothers to me growing up use to come pick me up and take me places with them like Grambling State University's Springfest, homecoming, and ? day (which was held in some little town but got to be a big deal) and I use to try to holla at all the college ladies to no avail.

I wasn't interested in nothing, but playing basketball, macking the ladies, and looking fresh in my little Tommy Hilfiger outfits which was a very popular brand around that time.

I hit up Springfest in 94 and 95. 96 I actually went to a Methodist convocation in Birmingham. Wow! Everybody was ? everybody. Pastors getting ? then doing the next service. This college chick I met there had a tub full of liquor. I ? chicks from three different states there. We stayed lit! It was so bad my pastor had to come get us from the hotel cause we drank every night til 3am! Never in my life have I ever seen such debauchery at a church function.

That Springfest use to be the ? , then like all other things campus police and administration started cracking down on a lot of the tomfoolery that made the event so popular until eventually it was just completely watered down.

From the sounds of it we should have ? with that convocation in Birmingham too.

Speaking of pastors getting ? those ? day festivities were actually originally sponsored by a church in the northern la that stuff was wild dudes pulling up in slabs women walking around half dressed.

Then ? up in El Dorado start trying to have their own little version of the Freaknik.

Bring back the 90s this newer generation of kids don't know how to have fun.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last Springfest I went to before I transferred had Goodie Mob, Destiny's Child and Jon B I think..I remember people turning their backs at Destiny's Child for some reason. It was at the stadium..
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Playing Maximum Carnage on Sega genesis.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Playing video games religiously, destroying every ? on my street in SF2, KI, Mortal Kombat 2 & 3 and Battle Arena Toshiden. Being the only ? on my street with a Sony Playstation playing fighting games. Shedding tears trying to beat Spiderman vs X-Men Arcade's Revenge, Wolverine Adamantium Rage and other games. Role-playing Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past with my little brother. Training my cat, catching bugs & snakes, exploring the forests, climbing trees, trying to build a tree house. Watching HBK feud with Bret Hart and the dawn of Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Dexter's Lab, Rocco's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, Beavis & Butthead, The Head, The Max, X-Men/Batman The Animated Series, The Martin Show, Smart Guy, Sister Sister, Eerie Indiana. Reading stacks of Goosebumps books, comics and playing with action figures. Getting chased by the neighbours dog, wrestling. Stuff like that.

Oooohhh how I miss childhood :+1:

Literally 98% of this applies to me. I was 12, ? was fun times.
  • caddo man
    Options
    I dont feel as old but yeah...........................I am getting up there.
  • caddo man
    Options
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you played Zelda 9-10 you was nerdy ?
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H.B.K beat bret heart at wrestlemania in one of the longest wrestling matches in history.

I just started middle school and I evolved my pikachu into a raichu.

I was the ? ranger for halloween

latest?cb=20090630182207&path-prefix=en
    Super_Mario_64_box_cover.jpg

• HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    had just fucced my leg up was learning how to walk with a cane and still carry my pistol
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in second grade... calling "? mary" in the bathroom with the lights off...
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a ? was only 5 I have no idea
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Competing in the 96 Olympics; curling
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just getting ready to start the 6th grade.
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought my first CD player.

We called it a boombox back then.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options