Any motorcycle heads?

black caesar
black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm wondering who owns a motorcycle. I'm thinking of getting one. School a brotha...

Comments

• B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of motorcycle are you looking for, or what type of riding do you plan on doing?
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know how to ride a motorcycle?
  • black caesar
    I plan on taking a 3 day motorcycle course. Since I'm new, I'm thinking of starting with a 300-500 Ninja
  • MECCA1000
    Hell yea, take that course ....... and take the advanced course after you get your own bike

This is all my opinion ...... I'll say, go for the Kawi 300 or the honda 500 if you're not tall .....like 5'10 or under. These bikes are best for getting you sharp and confident in turning/leaning skill ..... the kawi 650 would be better if you're tall and on the heavy side ... over 5'10 & over 200lbs ...... it has more leg room and a little more power than the others but still good for a new rider. It might be hard to find one used cause after people was getting them as starter/learning bikes .... they keep them because they're fun and good on gas
  • black caesar
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Hell yea, take that course ....... and take the advanced course after you get your own bike

This is all my opinion ...... I'll say, go for the Kawi 300 or the honda 500 if you're not tall .....like 5'10 or under. These bikes are best for getting you sharp and confident in turning/leaning skill ..... the kawi 650 would be better if you're tall and on the heavy side ... over 5'10 & over 200lbs ...... it has more leg room and a little more power than the others but still good for a new rider. It might be hard to find one used cause after people was getting them as starter/learning bikes .... they keep them because they're fun and good on gas

I'm 5'11. The cat I talked to at the book store Sunday was saying that a 300 was food to get a feel for riding and to see If its for me, because and the 300 isn't that expensive
  • MECCA1000
    I do like the 300. those are fun thru city traffic and can blast around turns if you happen to find a nice twisty road.
    Best bet would be to go to a dealer and sit on some bikes.

I started on this many, many moons ago lol
    puch_copy12.jpg
  • black caesar
    edited February 2014
    @miamivice305‌ Come drop some knowledge on the subject.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm 5'11. The cat I talked to at the book store Sunday was saying that a 300 was food to get a feel for riding and to see If its for me, because and the 300 isn't that expensive

I used to have a ninja 250 like 4 years ago..that thing was awesome(esp cuz im short)up until somebody popped me. Im thinking about taking the course again and like you either getting the 300 or 500. even though its been some years I dont think ive forgotten that much so i might opt for the more powerful 500 instead even though the ninja looks nicer.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not start with a bike you want instead of getting a ninja 250?
  • MECCA1000
    I believe that starting off on a smaller bike is better for the beginner rider to build confidence and skills faster than a larger and/or more powerful bike like 600 - 1000 ..... Starting out on something like a GSXR-750 will have the rider more focused on throttle management (keeping the front wheel on the ground)

On top of that, the 250 - 450's are cheaper to buy, maintain (insurance) & are good on gas .... plus they hold a higher resale value if one wants to sale theirs & step up to something larger ....... But most that I know end up keeping theirs because of the fun factor.

• black caesar
    Cain wrote: »
    Don't get a little bike like a 500 you'll be tired of it in 2 months. Get yourself a 600 or GSXR750 the newer smaller cc engine bikes like those two have the power you need and perfect to start out on. I had 3 bikes GSXR 750,ZX- 1000 & ZX-14each time I went up in power. The 750 and 1000 was the best though.

h2j8BOk.jpg?1

20130406_181423_zps004875ff.jpg

ZX-14

20130406_181438_zpsb898dee3.jpg

ZX-10

@cain props. Do you customize your bikes?
  • MECCA1000
    @Cain Don't be sending these new riders out there to their doom bro! lol
    There's a difference between having a passion for something and just a interest. That's why I tell all new riders to take the class before anything.
    I had a friend that swore up and down that he was gonna be out on the road burning it down with the rest of us that was already riding. I told him to go take the class. Dude signed up for the class, went out and bought a helmet with matching jacket, gloves, & riding boots. Took the class on their 250's and dropped the bike on his first figure 8. Dude was shook after that, didn't even finish the 3 day course or ride a bike after that. He told me that it was his eye opener to the fact that he really didn't wanna ride, he was just in it for the cool factor. Now he's a BMW and Audi coupe diehard. lol
  • MECCA1000

puch_copy12.jpg
    When I first jumped on this, I was only 12 ...... it belonged to my older cousin. He didn't have any gas or gas money. He saw me and asked what was I up to .... told him my pops just gave me $5 and I was going to the pizza shop to play video games ....... My cousin was like, "Yo, if you let me get $3, i'll let you ride around the parking lot for a minute?!" I took that deal with the quickness and soon as I got on .... "This is the throttle & these are the brakes?! Got it!" I was through the parking lot and heading down the street! My cousin was mad, until the next time he needed some gas money.

58286_144858058885939_309961_n_zpsad75d315.jpg
    The same cousin bought this the next summer ....... had to give up $10 for a ride ...... only got to ride that bike twice ....

ch150-85big.jpg
    Don't know what got into my moms but, when I was 15, she pulled up on one of these ....... Straight up told me I couldn't ride. So, while she was standing off to the side talking to one of her friends and left this joint running ...... I jacked her for her ? ! lol Blasted down the side walk and jumped that ? off a curb! Moms was so ? when I got back, I saw her waiting with her knife out! I stopped about half a block away, jumped off and ran away to my grandmoms house for the rest of the weekend! lol Come to find out, she was gonna give it to me when I got my license but since I "was a ? " she sold it at the end of the summer.

kawasaki_kx80_.jpg
    At 17, I almost killed myself trying to jump a creek on this 80

rebel.jpg
    Took the 3 day course on this ....... almost caught the automatic fail for not listening to the instructor. Had that bish up in 4th gear passing fools like we was racing .......

1998_GSX-R750_wb_470.jpg
    This was my first official bike that I owned .... a '98 GSXR-750 that I bought used in '99 ...... I crashed it up a few times getting outta control and trying to stunt ......

DS.jpg
    Sold the '98 in 2001 & bought this bad boy brand new right out the crate in '02 .... GSXR-1000
    WAAAAAY too much power for NYC, but it was perfect for the wide open roads out her in AZ.

• black caesar
    @cain @MECCA1000‌ How do y'all feel about the T-Rex? Not the Cayman...
  • MECCA1000
    @cain @MECCA1000‌ How do y'all feel about the T-Rex? Not the Cayman...

? got a steering wheel bruh ....... It's a 3 wheel go-kart with a motorcycle engine ......
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    puch_copy12.jpg
    When I first jumped on this, I was only 12 ...... it belonged to my older cousin. He didn't have any gas or gas money. He saw me and asked what was I up to .... told him my pops just gave me $5 and I was going to the pizza shop to play video games ....... My cousin was like, "Yo, if you let me get $3, i'll let you ride around the parking lot for a minute?!" I took that deal with the quickness and soon as I got on .... "This is the throttle & these are the brakes?! Got it!" I was through the parking lot and heading down the street! My cousin was mad, until the next time he needed some gas money.

The same cousin bought this the next summer ....... had to give up $10 for a ride ...... only got to ride that bike twice ....

ch150-85big.jpg
    Don't know what got into my moms but, when I was 15, she pulled up on one of these ....... Straight up told me I couldn't ride. So, while she was standing off to the side talking to one of her friends and left this joint running ...... I jacked her for her ? ! lol Blasted down the side walk and jumped that ? off a curb! Moms was so ? when I got back, I saw her waiting with her knife out! I stopped about half a block away, jumped off and ran away to my grandmoms house for the rest of the weekend! lol Come to find out, she was gonna give it to me when I got my license but since I "was a ? " she sold it at the end of the summer.

kawasaki_kx80_.jpg

rebel.jpg
    Took the 3 day course on this ....... almost caught the automatic fail for not listening to the instructor. Had that bish up in 4th gear passing fools like we was racing .......

1998_GSX-R750_wb_470.jpg
    This was my first official bike that I owned .... a '98 GSXR-750 that I bought used in '99 ...... I crashed it up a few times getting outta control and trying to stunt ......

DS.jpg
    Sold the '98 in 2001 & bought this bad boy brand new right out the crate in '02 .... GSXR-1000
    WAAAAAY too much power for NYC, but it was perfect for the wide open roads out her in AZ.

Got damn, how old are you?
    I started off on dirt bikes but started riding a cb 750 at 15. Most start off on 500cc bikes.
  • MECCA1000
    I'm a old head of 43 ........
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh dont waste ur time or money on a 300. I wouldnt recommend anything smaller than a 600. I started off with a Honda cbr 600 f4i and im a big guy 6'3" 235. ? was perfect. I had never even sat on a motorcycle the day I bought and I didnt have a clue how to ride one. A guy at my job was rider and spent about 3 hours with me in the parking lot after work teaching me how to ride. By the 3rd day I was good. I was scared as ? but it didnt take long to catch on.

The 600 was a good size to learn on. It wasnt too powerful so I was able to handle the acceleration and get used to it. But it wasn't to weak either. When I hit the throttle that lil ? would go!!! I got it up to 140 and I was taking it easy b/c I was about to replace the front tire.

I think a 750 could be a good bike for a beginner as well but I wouldnt waste my time or money on anything less than a 600
  • black caesar
    Check out the Polaris Slingshot

Polaris Slingshot VS. Campagna T-rex Part 1 of 3: http://youtu.be/MoGRJYqZ6Po
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo personally I believe the Honda CBR600 is the best starter bike in the 'superbike' area...

I had one for a year then went up to the full 'Fireblade' CBR1000... Like you I did an intensive week long course...

I didnt really ride enough though so I sold recently... My advice is if your getting a bike that can hit 190mph in seconds, is ride it regularly or it can catch you out... Thats the reason I got rid of mine, I woudnt ride it for 6months, get on and schitt myself when the front wheel comes up lol
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    puch_copy12.jpg

ch150-85big.jpg

kawasaki_kx80_.jpg

rebel.jpg

1998_GSX-R750_wb_470.jpg

DS.jpg

Man the 80's, I remember those first 2 bikes lol
  • skpjr78
    Damn nobody posted in this thread since last summer. Ain't no riders on the IC?
  • black caesar
    edited March 2016
    Glad someone brought this thread back up. Summer is coming.
  • skpjr78
  • skpjr78
    This thang aint no joke @Cain. I sold my 600 a few years ago so I had to get comfortable on a bike again. Not only that but I took a major step up in horse power and performance. Im just finishing my break in period and im going to get my 600 mile inspection this weekend. I havent opened it all the way up yet but this ? is for real bruh. This ? aint playing.