I don't support Trump but he has a good Poker Face

indyman87
indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
I think I'm beginning to understand how he operates. Trump sees this campaign as a poker tournament and he's showing different hands/positions to his opponents and to the leaders of foreign countries should he get elected President. I kinda like this approach. That way if he's elected the Countries that he's negotiating with can't tell what position he's taking and can't pin him down. I think it may be a good position for a Country to take to prevent other countries from taking advantage of the generosity of the US such as the Syrian refugees.

But I think that Hilary Clinton win in Nov. is inevitable because of the historic aspect.

Comments

• indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Also it goes without saying that I don't support Hillary also. She had the nerve to get up on that podium in Detroit no less and talk about fighting against bad trade agreements when her husband Bill Clinton drafted NAFTA and the TTP or whatever it's called in a city that's literally decimated like a war zone, with people from China buying up property like their hot cakes. And the Black people are still supporting her like gain busters. It absolutely makes no kind of cents or sense whatsoever!!

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    indyman87 wrote: »
    I think I'm beginning to understand how he operates. Trump sees this campaign as a poker tournament and he's showing different hands/positions to his opponents and to the leaders of foreign countries should he get elected President.
    so i sort of understand this argument (as i get it, it's "Trump presenting himself as unpredictable"), but i think you have to pair it with a level of competency that he hasn't.
    But I think that Hilary Clinton win in Nov. is inevitable because of the historic aspect.
    i could see this, as it's a dumb reason to elect someone president; however, this election will be based on the intellectual powers of American voters...
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Hilary's win is inevitable yet, both her and Trump have very high negatives. That means many Americans won't show up to vote for her in November, and Democratic turnout has been very low compared to Republicans so far. Do not be surprised if Trump wins in November, he has a 50/50 shot.
  • kingblaze84
    Also it goes without saying that I don't support Hillary also. She had the nerve to get up on that podium in Detroit no less and talk about fighting against bad trade agreements when her husband Bill Clinton drafted NAFTA and the TTP or whatever it's called in a city that's literally decimated like a war zone, with people from China buying up property like their hot cakes. And the Black people are still supporting her like gain busters. It absolutely makes no kind of cents or sense whatsoever!!

I think Black voters are supporting Hilary over Bernie because they don't know Bernie well enough. It's the only sense I can make of it, that and Hilary's close connection with Black voters in the past.
  • janklow
    I think Black voters are supporting Hilary over Bernie because they don't know Bernie well enough. It's the only sense I can make of it, that and Hilary's close connection with Black voters in the past.
    Hillary is telling black voters they owe her (probably in her awkward Southerner accent) and black voters appear to be falling for it
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2016
    janklow wrote: »
    Hillary is telling black voters they owe her (probably in her awkward Southerner accent) and black voters appear to be falling for it

Yeah, her Southern accent is pretty funny (and awkward) in mostly Black crowds but I think a lot of Black people consider the Clintons part of the family, for better or for worse. And also, Blacks are more conservative then Bernie may care to admit, and Hilary is using that to her advantage as well.

I question if the Black vote will be as strong for her in November as it was for Obama though, I'm hearing quite a bit of Blacks these days say they are willing to consider Trump. Travis Smiley said the same thing the other day.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt Tavis was speaking to the everyday black voter maybe ....people that in some way have benefited from trump.. I just dont see it..I read that article too I would like to think we arent that stupid but ... people are stupid.. But i think hes doing some stretching.
  • janklow
    Yeah, her Southern accent is pretty funny (and awkward) in mostly Black crowds but I think a lot of Black people consider the Clintons part of the family, for better or for worse.
    voting worse
    And also, Blacks are more conservative then Bernie may care to admit, and Hilary is using that to her advantage as well.
    excuse me, but Hillary told me no one is more progressive than she is

• kingblaze84
    Yeah, her Southern accent is pretty funny (and awkward) in mostly Black crowds but I think a lot of Black people consider the Clintons part of the family, for better or for worse.
    voting worse
    And also, Blacks are more conservative then Bernie may care to admit, and Hilary is using that to her advantage as well.
    excuse me, but Hillary told me no one is more progressive than she is

That's part of Hilary's well run campaign so far, she's appealed to liberal and conservative Black voters. She's done the same with a lot of liberal Whites too, not as well as Bernie but she's getting a good enough amount.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2016
    I doubt Tavis was speaking to the everyday black voter maybe ....people that in some way have benefited from trump.. I just dont see it..I read that article too I would like to think we arent that stupid but ... people are stupid.. But i think hes doing some stretching.

Travis could be stretching, but IDK for sure. I've heard Black people I never imagined saying they would support Trump do exactly that, even Louis Farrakhan is saying he's considering voting for Trump. And he's Muslim lol
  • janklow
    That's part of Hilary's well run campaign so far, she's appealed to liberal and conservative Black voters. She's done the same with a lot of liberal Whites too, not as well as Bernie but she's getting a good enough amount.
    might be missing my point: she's basically trying to claim she's the most progressive of all candidates AND a totally bipartisan-success-having moderate figure. ? makes no sense.

• kingblaze84
    edited March 2016
    might be missing my point: she's basically trying to claim she's the most progressive of all candidates AND a totally bipartisan-success-having moderate figure. ? makes no sense.

Yeah there's no way she should say she's the most progressive while Bernie is running. Hilary is a war fiend and even supported Barry Goldwater in 1964 lol, among other non-progressive actions. Goldwater even supported using nuclear weapons in Vietnam smh
  • janklow
    Yeah there's no way she should say she's the most progressive while Bernie is running
    comes back to her basically being a fraud who cannot resist NOT claiming to be something that a voter might cite as the best option

• kingblaze84
    edited March 2016
    And that's why Trump has a very serious shot of becoming president. Hillary has so many flaws that many liberals and moderates who are horrified of Trump will probably stay home this November. I'm a moderate and would love to vote for a Democrat after hearing the ? Republicans speak at the debates, but if Hillary gets the nomination, I feel like I'd just be voting for another random, expensive ass foreign adventure that America can't afford.

America is ? in November. When Hillary looks more rational then Trump (and even that is questionable), you KNOW America is in trouble haha lol
  • kingblaze84
    Obamacare, from conversations I've had with many people, is also a big reason why Trump has a serious shot now.
  • janklow
    And that's why Trump has a very serious shot of becoming president. Hillary has so many flaws that many liberals and moderates who are horrified of Trump will probably stay home this November. I'm a moderate and would love to vote for a Democrat after hearing the ? Republicans speak at the debates, but if Hillary gets the nomination, I feel like I'd just be voting for another random, expensive ass foreign adventure that America can't afford.
    vote Johnson 2016

• kingblaze84
    I voted for him in 2012.....time to give another 3rd party candidate a shot.
  • janklow
    I voted for him in 2012.....time to give another 3rd party candidate a shot.
    there really isn't going to be a more respectable third-party choice, most likely