• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ever laid down a 1000 @Cain ?
  • skpjr78
    Cain wrote: »
    skpjr78 wrote: »

Almost @skpjr78 that ? made a ? rethink life lol. I did lay my 750 down tho luckily I wasn't going that fast. Was coming to a intersection making a right and hit some damn loose gravel making the turn smh. My front tire caught it and slipped and tossed a ? smh lol. I was more embarrassed than anything cause I had just bought that ? lol.

Damn. At least it happened at low speed. That reminds me. I need to put my frame sliders on. Cant let my ? get ? up. I'll do that this weekend
  • skpjr78
    Eventually im gonna put another pipe on mine. I like the two brothers joint. I'll probably get that some time this summer.
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I considered getting an automatic bike...yea or nay?
  • skpjr78
    damnkp wrote: »

what is an automatic bike?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

No clutch
  • skpjr78
    edited March 2016

No clutch
    Im a sport bike guy so I don't know anything about them. An automatic bike in my mind is like an automatic sports car. They should all be burned and destroyed as quickly as possible.

Aren't some cruisers automatic? I can see big bikes being automatic. All I know is sport bikes so the idea of an automatic bike is totally foreign to me.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ride @black caesar ?

Not yet. Unless you count those mini motorcycles. (Not mopeds)
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I sold my Fireblade about 6months ago and got a Harley '48'... I sold the Fireblade as I hardly rode it TBH and it was a mission getting all the leathers on etc, it was sad to see it go, but without ridding for months at a time then getting on it was abit dangerous, the power can catch you out if your not regularly riding it...

I bought my first Harley instead though, a 'Forty Eight', which is by far the most beautiful bike Ive ever had!!! Its a nice chilled LOUD ride haha we finally had some nice weather over here this week, so after having it for moooooonths I finally got to give it a good spin...

Gone

IMG_2530_zpsucwh0mjn.jpg

IMG_2540_zpsuxpsfto4.jpg

IMG_2700_zps7qvnvtnq.jpg

Harley 48...

IMG_2794_zpsekcn3zhf.jpg

IMG_2797_zpspcyip60z.jpg

IMG_2796_zpsvniwrijv.jpg
  • skpjr78
    damn that blade was nice bruh
  • water ur seeds
    damn that blade was nice bruh

Yeah it was shame to see it go, but end of the day imo its just plastic with a rocket underneath haha Visually I can stare at the Forty Eight all day long, there is so much to look at in person its like art... No doubt the speed and mechanics for the blade was crazy though...
  • [Deleted User]
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean like a cam am or those bmw joints?
  • water ur seeds
    ...What up yall.

I copped a 79' Yamaha XS1100 off Craigslist a couple months back for $500.

Currently stripping everything off the bike except the engine (so much excess weight) for re-wiring and rebuilding into a café racer.

This is my first re-build so i'm pretty excited. ? gonna look pretty dope when it's all finished.

ya1kfdqn57cd.jpeg
    mzsofqcmim7y.jpeg
    pc0rq67bhymb.jpeg
    t0p0p2xnndd4.jpeg
    9dzfexd1c1ts.jpeg

...This is the goal when finally done. I'll keep yall posted on the progress.

http://neverstopbuilding.com/xs1100s-cafe-racer

want.jpg
    XS1100_02.jpg
    Yamaha-XS750-Cafe-Racer-5.jpg

Welcome to the Cafe Racer club brother!!! haha looking forward to seeing how the build turns out...
  • [Deleted User]
  • water ur seeds
    I think the Can Am's look dope as fck, but IMO kinda defeat the object of having a bike as you cant really filter traffic etc, but if I could afford to have one as toy on some kinda celeb schitt for the summer I would get one haha

Me personally, the only automatic bike that I would really consider getting is an older cheap 'twist and go' scooter that I can just jump on in regular clothes and get around town, and also not have to worry about having it scratched or dented etc
  • skpjr78
    edited March 2016
    Them 1000's are nothing to ? around with. For one they're way to light in the ass and that alone will make them fly off on you if you're not paying attention. Be easy on that thing trust me lol I know @skpjr78

This cbr is light as hell. With a full tank of gas it only weighs 440 lbs but it puts out 175 hp stock. By the time I finish customizing it i'll be well over 225 hp.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    honda-cg-150-start2.jpg

I learned riding on a 700 and I wish I didn't.I got this lil baby and I ride the ? outta of it.I ride between cars heavy traffic ? the police lol.Nah but forreal ? looking cool just buy something that you can be comfortable with.
  • skpjr78
    edited April 2016
    I plan on adding a new pipe to my bike. I'm leaning towards a slip on but I'm considering changing the heads and the entire exhaust system. I know slip on pipes are easier but changing the heads make a huge difference. any thoughts on one versus the other. also what electronics do I need to change if i swap out the headers and the stock exhaust?
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them 1000's are nothing to ? around with. For one they're way to light in the ass and that alone will make them fly off on you if you're not paying attention. Be easy on that thing trust me lol I know @skpjr78

Took me about 5k miles before I got comfortable with my gixxer 1k ......after that ooowee. ....didn't get a knee down until I was over 10k lol
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost @skpjr78 that ? made a ? rethink life lol. I did lay my 750 down tho luckily I wasn't going that fast. Was coming to a intersection making a right and hit some damn loose gravel making the turn smh. My front tire caught it and slipped and tossed a ? smh lol. I was more embarrassed than anything cause I had just bought that ? lol.

I was coming off a exit way too hot ....just dumping gears and light on the brakes while setting up for a left .....soon as I leaned hard into the left hander, I see a puddle of water ....I tried to stand her up but the ass got loose as soon as the back wheel touched the water .....swore a low side was on the menu until I slide right out of the water, caught the dry, sending me into a high side. ...threw my ass up on the side walk .....I tucked and rolled up out of it without a scratch .....bike was not so lucky ....slid into the curb and broke the upper plastics and headlight
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just came from down south this weekend, loading the bike up, pops ain't rode it since January, Arthur a ?
    28hfzwg.jpg