Where to start: Moon Knight, Black Panther, Luke Cage

Options
King of GA
King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
Those are three characters I'm not too up on but would like to be. I'm looking for recommendations on which is the best series (single or multiple) to start and read for each of them.

Thanks...

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BP got a new ongoing that's debuting soon and it's written by a black writer. It'll be the only Marvel book that I read.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I started new avengers back in 2013 I think. Team was lead by panther. Followed it up until he was about to murk namor. ? I never got to see what happened. Can anyone tell me if namor got the business? Or he still alive somehow? How'd that go down?

Panther was gonna ? namor because of namorm attacking wakanda when he had a fraction of the Phoenix power during avengers vs xmen.
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I started new avengers back in 2013 I think. Team was lead by panther. Followed it up until he was about to murk namor. ? I never got to see what happened. Can anyone tell me if namor got the business? Or he still alive somehow? How'd that go down?

Panther was gonna ? namor because of namorm attacking wakanda when he had a fraction of the Phoenix power during avengers vs xmen.
    Man I heard Hyperion left Namor stankin. Cut that ? head clean off and lifted Atlantis out the water and dropped it in the desert
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Man I heard Hyperion left Namor stankin. Cut that ? head clean off and lifted Atlantis out the water and dropped it in the desert

? damn at that ether lol. ? him. I dont like Namor really. Aquaman >>>>>>>>
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall ? shoulda kept reading
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Why, what happened? Was it all a dream?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Why, what happened? Was it all a dream?

Lol hold up ill try to find one of them videos that sum up everything
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read Christopher Priest's run on Black Panther from the 90s. ? is goat!! They are currently releasing this run in trade paperback and are on volume 2. Pretty though to follow at first because it's a lot of flash towards and flashbacks, kinda like pulp fiction. It's great stuff!
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right before Secret Wars began, during one of the final incursions, BP stabbed Namor and Black Bolt blasted him. BP watched as Namor fell to a planet that was about to be destroyed. He didn't die in this encounter though, he was saved by the Cabal. BP and Namor actually became allies during Secret War and were instrumental in the final battle..Personally, I was hoping for the two of them to have an ongoing but hey, Marvel. After Secret Wars, Hyperion, along with the Squadron Supreme, murdered him.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Read Christopher Priest's run on Black Panther from the 90s. ? is goat!! They are currently releasing this run in trade paperback and are on volume 2. Pretty though to follow at first because it's a lot of flash towards and flashbacks, kinda like pulp fiction. It's great stuff!

Priest's run is GOAT. I agree
    Moon Knight - just go with his first volume along with West Coast Avengers comics. MK is a very good character. Back in the day he had enchanted weaponry and gained abilities during a full moon, or was it at just at night?
    Luke Cage..old Heroes for Hire comics. He really began to shine when he joined the New Avengers and was given leadership roles.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

Moon Knight - just go with his first volume along with West Coast Avengers comics. MK is a very good character. Back in the day he had enchanted weaponry and gained abilities during a full moon, or was it at just at night?
    Luke Cage..old Heroes for Hire comics. He really began to shine when he joined the New Avengers and was given leadership roles.

With MK his power corresponded to the phases of the moon
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? damn at that ether lol. ? him. I dont like Namor really. Aquaman >>>>>>>>

I don't like Namor either but his character in New Avengers was GOAT. They abandoned BP's claim on revenge for Dr. Spectrum's which made no sense.
  • jaxn
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

With MK his power corresponded to the phases of the moon

Right. When his new book launched a few years ago, Marvel took away this ability. I wonder if he ever regained it or whether he will with the new run?
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have Chris Priest trades also and I have a few of Reggie Hudlin's actual comics and both approach the character differently but they both are great read's. Most like Priest stuff because it's funnier
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Sounds dope I'm gonna have to check that out thanks for the heads up
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like BP. But y'all show like to overhype his books.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlie Huston and David Finch's run on Moon Knight is the best modern take on that character.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Heroes for Hire (Luke Cage and Iron Fist) have a new comic that launched last month. Should only be an issue or 2 out so far. Havent checked it out myself but maybe you'd like to check it out to learn more about the characters.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a new Moon Knight is dropping in April as well
    5105036-0b+moon_knight_1_rudy_variant.jpg
  • jaxn
    Options
    nice. He needs his own show.