So I Guess Tim Dog's F*ck Compton Is The GOAT Diss Because He Called Out People By Name

5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in The Reason
No subliminals here

? Compton - Tim Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E71xlXpneYE

Comments

• smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta give it to the dog, he had ? . And Penilcillin on Wax is a classic to me. The beats are ? and while the dog wasn't the best rapper he had a great voice and a lot of attitude.
  • smp4life
    But yeah F*** Compton > Drop a Gem on Em
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo leave them crybaby cats alone, sun....lol
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate those "say names" ?
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind subliminal tracks. I feel like saying names sometimes takes away from the timelessness of songs. Subliminal disses are more relatable to the listener. A fan can listen to BIG's Long Kiss Goodnight and apply it to their own rivals. (Long Kiss was some ? ? tho)

What's so important about saying a name? Why is it so crucial when we know who the ? talking about?
  • lordstanley
    lordstanley Members Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was hilarious when I first heard it ...not good, but funny
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited March 2016
    I don't mind subliminal tracks. I feel like saying names sometimes takes away from the timelessness of songs. Subliminal disses are more relatable to the listener. A fan can listen to BIG's Long Kiss Goodnight and apply it to their own rivals. (Long Kiss was some ? ? tho)

What's so important about saying a name? Why is it so crucial when we know who the ? talking about?

I didnt know who Biggie Was talking about in "kick in the door"

I didn't know who Jay was talking about in "is that Yo chick" (until superugly)

Sending subliminals while there aint no beef, could be good competition. Because we don't know who you are talking about, but the one you sending shots to do.

BUT, sneak dissing when someone is blatantly ? on you, is coward ? .

Would Dollaz and Sense been a good Diss if he didn't mention a name? No because the " E-I-H-T, left out the G" line wouldn't been there.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    So we must be in a alternate universe where Hit em up dont exist.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets also act like "? Wit Dre Day" dont exist...

Dre and Snoop said EVERYBODY'S name.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cowards in compton get sprayed in dade it took years for them ? ? to respond jt money wasnt having it
  • 5 Grand
    i ro ny wrote: »

OK, I'll play along.

? Compton came out in the summer of 1991. ? With Dre Day came out in December of 1992, about 18 months later.

So why does Dre get a pass for responding to Tim Dog 18 months later but Biggie was "shook" because he didn't respond to Hit Em Up within 90 days of its release?

If you can explain that then I'll admit that the West Coast won the beef against the entire East Coast. But your explanation has to make sense.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tim dog is trash
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when Hammer dissed Jay Z a few years ago lol. Nobody gave a ? , kinda like a Tim Dogg diss.
  • YapatnaJB
    YapatnaJB Members Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this the GOAT diss for naming names does that mean Kurupt's "calling out names" is a close second? lol
  • jon0hyfbg
    jon0hyfbg Members Posts: 194 ✭✭
    you new york n**gaz man, smh
  • Busta Carmichael
    5 Grand wrote: »

OK, I'll play along.

? Compton came out in the summer of 1991. ? With Dre Day came out in December of 1992, about 18 months later.

So why does Dre get a pass for responding to Tim Dog 18 months later but Biggie was "shook" because he didn't respond to Hit Em Up within 90 days of its release?

If you can explain that then I'll admit that the West Coast won the beef against the entire East Coast. But your explanation has to make sense.

Biggie alot of people responded to Tim Dog. Including MC eiht. He said ? their city. It wasnt a personal attack on Dre's family like Pac did Biggie.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Also Dre was going thru a split with NWA when it dropped. He was never a solo artist. That's why he had to get Snoop on it.
  • smp4life

OK, I'll play along.

Different type of beef. Not even a beef really. More like a battle Tim Dog didn't personally know NWA and was just sending shots for publicity. I think he even approached some LA camps and admitted as much. That's why no one really took him serious. CMW was the only group to initially respond and they didn't even wanna rap on it, but DJ Slip put together a bunch of snippets of Dog dissing himself. lol. With Pac and Big it was very personal. There you go, now will you admit the west won? I'm waiting.
  • 5 Grand
    smp4life wrote: »

OK, I'll play along.

Different type of beef. Not even a beef really. More like a battle Tim Dog didn't personally know NWA and was just sending shots for publicity. I think he even approached some LA camps and admitted as much. That's why no one really took him serious. CMW was the only group to initially respond and they didn't even wanna rap on it, but DJ Slip put together a bunch of snippets of Dog dissing himself. lol. With Pac and Big it was very personal. There you go, now will you admit the west won? I'm waiting.

Biggie alot of people responded to Tim Dog. Including MC eiht. He said ? their city. It wasnt a personal attack on Dre's family like Pac did Biggie.

You realize Dre and Miche'le have a kid together right?

Michelle Conversation skit - Tim Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUzqOThy0Jk

DJ Quik Beatdown - Tim Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acq3a5InY7Y

Step To Me - Tim Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4a1Q4C2Z9U

Tim Dog ? all over everybody and made an entire album dissing Dre, NWA, DJ Quik and Miche'le and it took Dre 18 months to respond but Biggie doesn't respond in 85 days and he's "shook".

Ya'll are inconsistent.

• smp4life
    edited March 2016
    smp4life wrote: »

OK, I'll play along.

You realize Dre and Miche'le have a kid together right?

Michelle Conversation skit - Tim Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUzqOThy0Jk

DJ Quik Beatdown - Tim Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acq3a5InY7Y

Step To Me - Tim Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4a1Q4C2Z9U

Tim Dog ? all over everybody and made an entire album dissing Dre, NWA, DJ Quik and Miche'le and it took Dre 18 months to respond but Biggie doesn't respond in 85 days and he's "shook".

Ya'll are inconsistent.

Are u seriously equating Tim Dog with Death Row? Seriously? I mean SERIOUSLY? C'mon son. Who's more likely to ? you up? An old school rapper dissing for publicity or a bunch of crips and bloods that don't give a ? and were known for ? people (even their own artists!) up?
  • 5 Grand
    In the other thread you said;

1. Hit Em Up was such a great diss because he called out people by their names

2. Biggie was shook because he didn't immediately respond to Hit Em Up

3. Since 2Pac was talking ? about Biggie's family he should have stopped everything and gave 2Pac a beatdown and/or responded with physical violence.

Now I'm playing Devils Advocate and I made a thread about Tim Dog's ? Compton (which was a good diss although admittedly he didn't have the hits or popularity like 2Pac but nevertheless he called out people by their name and ruffled some feathers)

Dre took 18 months to respond and from what I can tell he never really did anything physically because he knew it was just music and Tim Dog was trying to get some free publicity, which he got. Thats basically Tim Dog's claim to fame.

So the question remains, Is ? Compton The GOAT diss because Dre took 18 months to respond and he didn't beat up Tim Dog? Did the East Coast win because Dre took so long to respond? Did the East Coast win because Tim Dog called out people by their name?

Its a senseless argument. "Coastal beef" is stupid in the first place.

But the fact remains that when 2Pac got shot, Suge Knight went to jail and Snoop bounced the entire West Coast was silent. Besides 2001 you didn't hear a peep from the entire West Coast until The Documentary and later Good Kidd Maad City.

Death Row made some good music but lets be real; When the East is in the house - OH MY ? !

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sad. The pleas and attempts to rewrite history is sad. Thread starter made this thread cuz of the mob deep one
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    this ? is from London and u ? are ? for even entertaining this ? . i can almost guarantee he just heard this song right before he made the thread.

he used to be on the old gunitworld website as longbeachesfinest. then he got exposed and came back with this same username and got exposed again as the same person. he was a massive game stand 50 hater. this ? is really crazy