13»

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Great album but....

185.gif

lol, bruh just go listen to all those albums back to back to back..... your ears won't lie
  • D0wn
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    smp4life wrote: »
    I'm inclined to believe Snoop. Because Dre's been around since The World Class Wrecking Crew days. When he left the WCWC they fell off and were never heard from again. Then he started NWA with EAZY, Ren and Cube. After Dre bounced Eazy and Ren couldn't put together a solid album (production wise). Ice Cube's strength was rhymes so he was able to sustain a career.

Then When Dr Dre founded Death Row and made The Chronic, there's rumors that Daz and Warren G were ghost producers but when they all split up Daz and Warren G didn't produce anything noteworthy. At least nothing that got any play over here.

? was huge in Boston but The Doggfather didn't get any play in Boston at all.

Dre was behind Keep Their Heads Ringin and California Love, those songs were huge in Boston

Then Dre made 2001 and found Eminem. While I'm not much of an Eminem fan, who did Daz and Warren G find? Who did they discover?

From all the evidence, Dr Dre's had his hand in a lot of classic material. Daz and Warren G can say "they were there". But they haven't really accomplished much without Dre.

That's not a diss, Regulate got burn in Boston but thats about it.

What about Regulate.. G Funk Era by Warren G? That ? almost sounds like the Chronic companion album.

I never heard it. I'm not saying it was good or bad, but it didn't have anywhere near the impact as The Chronic. Not in Boston anyway. But they did play the song Regulate on the top 40 radio stations in Boston.

go listen to the album then
  • D0wn
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    moyo wrote: »
    I think Pac coming home around the time this album dropped hurt this album's legacy, simply because Suge put all of his resources into Pac and promoting pac and didn't help extend Dogg food's run longer than it could have. They only released 2 songs as singles and they only had 2 videos. If they could have released another video or two for this album I think it would have gotten the props that it truly deserved.

Which songs outta curiosity do you think they shoulds dropped ad third and forth singles?

"I don't like to dream about gettin paid" and either "Ridin, slippin, & slidin", or "Smooth".

or cyco-lic-no
  • D0wn
    Options
    pachá12 wrote: »
    I see what you're saying, but at the same time, Daz did have a hand in those to some capacity. The Suge part may have been off, but Daz did play a role in those classics.

All Eyes on me daz produced
    ambitionz az a rida
    skandalous
    2 of amerikaz most
    got my mind made up
    i ain't mad at cha
  • nohiphop1
    nohiphop1 Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Its not better than ? , but it doea have the other albums beat. The crazy part is that the common bond between all except Makavelli is that Daz, who is one of the greatest producers ever, had a hand in all of them. Suge said that Daz really produced ? , but was given money to ghost produce it for Dr. Dre. For all the East Coast West Coast stuff, I appreciated how Kurrupt was what happened when your organicaly meshed the two regions i.e 'I Don't Like To Dream About Getting Paid'.
    shaq-face.jpg

What you bolded is factual, whether you and Shaq believe it or not.

Not factual if Daz himself refuted it.
    He said Serial Killa and ? & ?
    Not the album
    And we should know by now produced by Dre means how he produced the song, mix etc and not necessarily the beat.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definitely a top 5 Deathrow album

Classic from beginning to end
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So Boston the measuring stick now for weather rappers are hot? Lol wtf
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    I'm inclined to believe Snoop. Because Dre's been around since The World Class Wrecking Crew days. When he left the WCWC they fell off and were never heard from again. Then he started NWA with EAZY, Ren and Cube. After Dre bounced Eazy and Ren couldn't put together a solid album (production wise). Ice Cube's strength was rhymes so he was able to sustain a career.

Then When Dr Dre founded Death Row and made The Chronic, there's rumors that Daz and Warren G were ghost producers but when they all split up Daz and Warren G didn't produce anything noteworthy. At least nothing that got any play over here.

? was huge in Boston but The Doggfather didn't get any play in Boston at all.

Dre was behind Keep Their Heads Ringin and California Love, those songs were huge in Boston

Then Dre made 2001 and found Eminem. While I'm not much of an Eminem fan, who did Daz and Warren G find? Who did they discover?

From all the evidence, Dr Dre's had his hand in a lot of classic material. Daz and Warren G can say "they were there". But they haven't really accomplished much without Dre.

That's not a diss, Regulate got burn in Boston but thats about it.

What about Regulate.. G Funk Era by Warren G? That ? almost sounds like the Chronic companion album.

I never heard it. I'm not saying it was good or bad, but it didn't have anywhere near the impact as The Chronic. Not in Boston anyway. But they did play the song Regulate on the top 40 radio stations in Boston.

ANYWAYS BRUH

http://youtu.be/-Pj06EiTfok
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daz and Kurupt both criminally underated
  • The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Dogg Food the same as ? , but the Chronic and Makaveli are elite
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nohiphop1 wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Its not better than ? , but it doea have the other albums beat. The crazy part is that the common bond between all except Makavelli is that Daz, who is one of the greatest producers ever, had a hand in all of them. Suge said that Daz really produced ? , but was given money to ghost produce it for Dr. Dre. For all the East Coast West Coast stuff, I appreciated how Kurrupt was what happened when your organicaly meshed the two regions i.e 'I Don't Like To Dream About Getting Paid'.
    shaq-face.jpg

What you bolded is factual, whether you and Shaq believe it or not.

Not factual if Daz himself refuted it.
    He said Serial Killa and ? & ?
    Not the album
    And we should know by now produced by Dre means how he produced the song, mix etc and not necessarily the beat.

I responded to that in my followimg post. And yes, it is factual. You help my claim by listing songs that Daz himself says he produced . I said the Suge part may have been off, but Suge said it not me. But between me, you and Suge Knight, only one of us used to own the label that put the music in question out. So how 'off' was he really? Read all my post before you respond to me bruh, reapectfully.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CLASSIC

Aged pretty well imo