Horror/Thriller Movie Suggestions

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sup pimps and pimpettes.

I Am in desperate need of some good horror movies to watch and would love suggestions. Any GOOD horror movie. I dont like the 80s cheese type horror films, i would like some legit scary films to see. Horror is one of my favorite genre's but its also the one genre for me where the films can be very hit or miss. With comedy i can sit through a "bad" comedy that most people wouldnt like, because its a comedy i dont take it that serious and can finish it. With horror though, if its bad I just cant watch it and lose interest in it too fast and i been wanting to see a good scary film for quite some time now and havent enjoyed a horror film since the Babadook.

With that being said, please list some suggestions. Ive seen all the classics like Nightmare, Friday, TCM, Halloween and what not, also the recent big horror movies like sinister and insidious.

Ill post some that i can remember that turned out pretty well.

Wolf Creek
Triangle (2009)
Cannibal Holocaust
As Above/So Below
REC (Foreign)

Will post more but gotta help boss with some ? .

Comments

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not really a horror film guy but the last i watched was crimson peak
    a bit predictable but not bad imo and had some scares and violence
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Spit On Your Grave
    The Devils Backbone (Spain)
    The Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (Both OG Version And 1978 Joint)
    Black Christmas
    Hell Motel
    ? (Obviously)
    Dont Look Now
    The Wicker Man (OG Not The Remake)
    The Brood
    Zombi 2
    Tourist Trap
    The Last House On The Left (OG Version)
    Black Sunday
    Eyes Without A Face
    Village Of The Damned (OG Version)
    The Masque Of The Red Death
    The Whip And The Flesh
    Dementia 13

I Started Making My List A Varied As Possible But Then I Just Ended Putting Some Favorites From The 60's And 70's Towards The End (Favorite Era)
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many times you gonna make this thread? Lou youve seen every weird movie imaginable chill out
  • Lou Cypher
    texas409 wrote: »
    how many times you gonna make this thread? Lou youve seen every weird movie imaginable chill out

Square up, lets get this over with.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Sup pimps and pimpettes.

I Am in desperate need of some good horror movies to watch and would love suggestions. Any GOOD horror movie. I dont like the 80s cheese type horror films, i would like some legit scary films to see. Horror is one of my favorite genre's but its also the one genre for me where the films can be very hit or miss. With comedy i can sit through a "bad" comedy that most people wouldnt like, because its a comedy i dont take it that serious and can finish it. With horror though, if its bad I just cant watch it and lose interest in it too fast and i been wanting to see a good scary film for quite some time now and havent enjoyed a horror film since the Babadook.

With that being said, please list some suggestions. Ive seen all the classics like Nightmare, Friday, TCM, Halloween and what not, also the recent big horror movies like sinister and insidious.

Wolf Creek
    Triangle (2009)
    Cannibal Holocaust
    As Above/So Below
    REC (Foreign)

What is this short for?
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolf creek was whacc as fucc btw an australian girl tried to show me this movie
  • Lou Cypher
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Sup pimps and pimpettes.

Wolf Creek
    Triangle (2009)
    Cannibal Holocaust
    As Above/So Below
    REC (Foreign)

What is this short for?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vhs 1 and 2
    High tension
    Dead end
    The orphanage(Spanish movie, if you don't mind subtitles)
    Grindhouse planet terror
    Hatchet 1,2,3
    Mortuary
    Land of the dead
    Trick r trea!
    Ghost ship
    Grave encounters both

I'll come back when I remember more
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the Right One In
    Martyrs
    Entity
  • Lou Cypher
    Martyrs is one Ive been wanting to watch. That's a foreign movie right?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Yeah it's foreign, pretty good too
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Some more

The cabin in the woods
    You're next
    Seed
    The descent
    Children of the corn
    Creepshow first two
    Wrong turn movies( I haven't seen the last two tho
    Joy ride
    Scenic route
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Oh and there's a movie I seen a few months ago called the pyramid, that was good too
  • Lou Cypher
    Lol i seen that Seed movie a long time ago i think. Is that the one with the serial killer that survives execution and they set him free and he just goes on a rampage? theres a scene in it where he hits a guy in the face with a hammer then slams the hammer into in empty skull and walks off.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Martyrs is one Ive been wanting to watch. That's a foreign movie right?

Get the OG subtitled version not the dubbed rerelease from last year

Funny Games...the OG German version not the 1999 remake with Brad Pitt's brother
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crinson Peak was a letdown to me. Looked great aesthetically but the story was by the numbers and predictable.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and there's a movie I seen a few months ago called the pyramid, that was good too

HEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL NO!!!! ? was basura infinite!! Cgi was wack as ? . Story was wack as ? . Acting was wack as ? .

• not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new movie the Witchef is scary. Like devil worship scary. Good flick tho.
  • Lou Cypher
    The new movie the Witchef is scary. Like devil worship scary. Good flick tho.

Ive been looking for a link for this movie for forever. Had a small theatrical release so i figured it would have leaked by now but still nothing. Movie looks good af though!
  • Qiv_Owan
    Crinson Peak was a letdown to me. Looked great aesthetically but the story was by the numbers and predictable.

The dialogue was the best part...some cold bars were dropped
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grave Encounters 1 and 2.

The Inside( French)
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there were enough good scary movies then this should be stickied.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    If there were enough good scary movies then this should be stickied.

There are but I don't think there's many of us horror fans on here
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just picky when it comes to horror. Korean thriller and horror flicks are the best in this generation now. The American ? is trash.