Herman Cain on Black Lives Matter: 'All lives matter'...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/herman-cain-on-black-lives-matter-all-lives-matter/article/2586139?custom_click=rss
Herman Cain spoke out against the Black Lives Matter movement Thursday, saying it has no purpose.

"It is a nonmovement that has two objectives: destruction and distraction," the 2012 Republican presidential candidate said on Fox Business Network's "Mornings with Maria." "They don't really have a mission. [It is] because all lives matter."

Cain criticized the movement, which fights violence toward the African-American community, for getting too involved in the 2016 GOP presidential race.

"Let me get this straight — Anonymous and Black Lives Matter want to determine the Republican nominee?" he asked, drawing a comparison between the two activist movements. "I don't think so, especially if it's Donald Trump. It is a threat that the Trump organization is going to ignore.
He hasn't sewn up the nomination yet, but I happen to believe that he will go into the [Republican National] Convention with the 1,237 delegates necessary to secure the nomination."

Cain then criticized the media for attacking Trump for forecasting "riots" should establishment Republicans block him from winning the party's nomination.

"If the Republican Party simply comes together and says, 'Whoever gets the most number of delegates wins, and we'll support the nominee,' I believe that will make the threat of riots and violence from these groups minimal rather than something that's a big story in mainstream media," Cain explained.

"I didn't hear any outrage when Bernie Sanders said, and I quote, 'We're in the midst of a political revolution,'" Cain added, referring the Democratic presidential hopeful. "Did he mean that figuratively or nonfiguratively? Now, all of a sudden Donald Trump uses the word 'riot' and it's a big uproar. It's hypocrisy."

On Wednesday, Trump predicted "riots" should the GOP try to steal the nomination from him at the Republican National Convention in July in Cleveland. He has 673 delegates of the 1,237 needed before the convention to clinch the nomination.

Though Cain has not officially endorsed Trump, he did speak at a rally of his in Georgia in the fall.

N0b_aF.gif

Comments