How in the hell is Larry Allen the only Cowboys offensive lineman in the HOF?

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
No doubt the greatest offensive line of all time and only Larry Allen got in. Emmitt Smith is the all time rushing leader and i was mainly because of Larry Allen, Erik Williams, Nate Newton, and Mark Stepnoski.

Nate Newton was a 6 time Pro-Bowler and 3 times Super Bowl champ

Erik WIlliams was a 4 time Pro-Bowler and 3 times Super Bowl champ. Use to handle Reggie White and easily was the best O-lineman on the Cowboys. If not for his car accident that ? up his health he would of gone down as the goat.

Mark Stepnoski is a 5 time Pro-Bowler and 3 time Superbowl champ

Honorable mention Mark Tuanei

When you combine team winning, Emmitt's accomplishment, and the eye test. If ? like Gayle Sayers are in with a shorten career, then why not those dudes.

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because it would be too many cowboys in the hof. . They be hatin and ? lol
  • dee.i.pee
    dee.i.pee Members Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Erick Williams use to lock dudes up,look like the runnin in place,he was definitely headed to the HOF before the car wreck.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Erik Williams one of the greatest tackles ever. ? what the Hall thinks. Aint nothing, but a bunch of sportswriters trying to decide to the best all time players for a sport they never played.

Mark Tuinei (RIP), Mark Stepnoski, Nate Newton, Kevin Gogan, Larry Allen some of the greatest linemen of their time. Stepnoski and Nate at least deserve some consideration. I think lack of longevity is what hurts a lot of em. Most of em were only considered great for 5-6 years. Darren Woodson deserves more consideration too.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allen and Williams should definitely be in
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as ? try to say it was all the line for Emmitts success, in that 4 year stretch in the 90s the Cowboys didn't start the same offensive line any of those seasons.