Mariah Carey vs. Mary J. Blige

2»

Comments

• mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited July 2010
    although she aint the best vocally, i would put janet over mariah too.
  • Ordem e Progresso
    Ordem e Progresso Members Posts: 142
    edited July 2010
    mrjun18 wrote: »
    although she aint the best vocally, i would put janet over mariah too.

In terms of what? Janet is waste matter who built a carrer based on her brother and madonna's career. Janet sucks at everything even dancing she has a white woman Tina making her look good. The only thing Janet has is a good work ethic and the Jackson name ... other than that she can not sing, act, dance, nothing she sucks as much as Britney Spears
  • soulatlantic
    soulatlantic Members Posts: 346
    edited July 2010
    i'm huge fans of both artists and i can't pick one over the other

Mary J. Blige helped mainstream the hip hop soul sound, which has become a standard in today's industry.

Mariah was the first pop artist to go mainstream with a hip hop collaboration [Fantasy with ODB]. she may be very R&B & hip hop now, but at that time she was known as the ballad queen and mainly a pop singer.

both have made large contributions musically and set trends that are ubiquitous in today's music scene. both have also largely inspired many artists in today's generation of music and their influence can be heard throughout today's music.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Exactly.

Mariah makes essentially the same exact album every single time.

Mary has been making the same album since 1994.
  • as seen on tv
    as seen on tv Members Posts: 93
    edited July 2010
    i like both..50/50
  • Searcyboy2000
    Searcyboy2000 Members Posts: 26
    edited July 2010
    I'll Mariah song and voice. but Mary J is so real in her songs so I'll have to say Mary J. I like them both though.