Golden State Warriors The 2015/2016 thread

luke1733
luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
Make your comments on the Golden State Warriors as you see fit.
Fan or not, like it or not, NBA history is being made..... (21-0 right now)

Some questions to think on:

-Who do you think will be the first team to beat them?
-Will they top Chicago Bulls record of 72-10?
-Do the Warriors have a second player who will make the Hall of Fame?
-Will Mark Jackson get another NBA coaching job?
-How much credit do you give to Kerr or Luke?
-Who is most likely to be traded next?
-Can Curry get MVP for the season and Most Improved Player in the same year?
-Is this Warriors team the best that the NBA has ever seen when it comes to each players' contribution?
-Do you like the Warriors or care? Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIpopBCs7fY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqnb-QCoPk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l244rqUn07c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy0p42tfhsE

Comments

• luke1733
    edited December 2015
    I keep up with the NBA, and here's just a few things I've seen on the Warriors that are Notables:

-Golden State's Stephen Curry set a record for 3-pointers in a season when he hit his 270th in the second quarter of the Warriors' game Wednesday night against the Trail Blazers.
    -Most 3-pointers made, 2014-15 season
    -Most 3-pointers attempted/game, 2014-15 season
    -Most 3-pointers made in a season, all-time
    -Stephen Curry has hit 479 threes over the past two seasons, the most threes in back-to-back years in NBA history. On a night when he made eight three-pointers to pass the NBA single-season record, Curry scored 19 of his 45 points in the fourth quarter and added 10 assists in the game, just for good measure

-Klay Thompson scored a career-high 52 points and in doing so etched his name in the NBA record book . "Klay Thompson", "37 POINTS", "THIRD QUARTER", The 13-for-13 shooting performance in the third quarter. 16 for 25 from the field and 11 for 15 from 3-point range in 33 minutes.

-In addition to scoring 74 points, the Warriors set a newNBA record for assists in a half with 28. Against the Denver Nuggets.
    -Curry is making an unimpeachable case for repeat MVP honours. His 34.2 points per game lead the league by more than five points, and he’s over the vaunted 50-40-90 shooting standard by miles at 52.0 per cent on field goals, 45.3 on 3-pointers and 93.3 on free throws.
    -
    With Tuesday night's 111-77 win against the Los Angeles Lakers, the Golden State Warriors set a new record for the best season start in NBA history, with 16 uninterrupted victories. (I think now they’re at like 21-0)
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-the-golden-state-warriors-are-breaking-the-nba/

Offense per game - Points: 115.3, field goal percentage: 49.3%, three-point percentage: 43.3%, three-pointers made: 13.4, assists: 29.5
    Defense per game - Opponent points: 99.9, opponent field goal percentage: 42.4%, opponent three-point percentage: 30.1%, steals: 8.5, blocks: 6.5
    Rebounding per game - Offensive: 11.0, defensive: 35.4, total: 46.4
    Miscellaneous - Point differential: +15.4, assists per turnover: 1.79, pace: 99.1
    Also on Dec.6th nbatv showed how Curry has hit more 3's in volumen and in percent average than the rest of the entire nba together versus him.
    https://nyloncalculus.com/2015/12/08/stephen-curry-three-point-stats-pace/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcUMFoGLC5Y
  • luke1733
    so I guess nobody's watching this Milwaukee game right now??? This is one helluva run
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Who do you think will be the first team to beat them?

:)

If I had to call it, I don't think so.

We'll see

Klay could make it to the Hall.

Longshots - Iggy, Draymond and Barnes. It depends on what the next 10 years look like.

Probably... If he wants it

A fair amount. Mark Jackson laid the foundation but Kerr took it to another level.

It's hard to imagine this team maximizing its talent better than they are.

I don't know. Depends on what they do this year.
    That front office is gold tho.

No

He's miles ahead for MVP tho

-Is this Warriors team the best that the NBA has ever seen when it comes to each players' contribution?

Nah. Can't say that yet. Let them eclipse 72 wins
    and /or string off a few more titles... Then we'll talk.

-Do you like the Warriors or care? Why

I'm excited to see what they can do.

There's never been a player like Steph. There have only been a handful of teams like the Warriors.

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised that it took this long for a thread to be made. I'll be back around February 25th.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised? Warriors have no fans
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was this thread made by an Atlanta Hawks fan????
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thread starter ? and cried to get this open, look at this ? , nobody posting in here but to say this thread is pointless
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thread starter ? and cried to get this open, look at this ? , nobody posting in here but to say this thread is pointless

Thread starter needs to take her ass back to the Hawks thread
  • Chi-Town Bully
    It's to the point all team threads are running it's course, we're all in the NBA thread any way
  • luke1733
    edited December 2015
    So ILL wrote: »
    Surprised that it took this long for a thread to be made. I'll be back around February 25th.

it was made earlier but kept getting closed/deleted.
  • luke1733
    edited December 2015
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Who do you think will be the first team to beat them?

:)

If I had to call it, I don't think so.

We'll see

Klay could make it to the Hall.

Longshots - Iggy, Draymond and Barnes. It depends on what the next 10 years look like.

Probably... If he wants it

A fair amount. Mark Jackson laid the foundation but Kerr took it to another level.

It's hard to imagine this team maximizing its talent better than they are.

I don't know. Depends on what they do this year.
    That front office is gold tho.

No

He's miles ahead for MVP tho

Nah. Can't say that yet. Let them eclipse 72 wins
    and /or string off a few more titles... Then we'll talk.

-Do you like the Warriors or care? Why

I'm excited to see what they can do.

There's never been a player like Steph. There have only been a handful of teams like the Warriors.

Good answers.
    Funny how some other posters don't want to say nothing until the Warriors lost; most of those names that always say the same thing back to back on the same day, same hour that I hit the ignore button on so I don't even see what a lot them say(since they don't talk basketball), but your answers were on point.
    A team this young winning rings and for all reasons looks like they like playing together and might stick around for a while has to be taken seriously. So, we'll see.
  • luke1733
    edited December 2015
    So Milwaukee just has the Warriors number? guess not
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved seeing Golden State win the finals. Makes the NBA more interesting again. Kinda wish Cleveland had their best on the court like Golden State (Irvin & Love). oh well..

The one undeniable thing they do rank #1 in is having the best chemistry in the NBA.

In my opinion, as exciting as it is to compare them to the Space Jam Bulls Its waaay to early. Their only real challenge out of the west is San Antonio.
  • luke1733
    goldenja wrote: »
    I loved seeing Golden State win the finals. Makes the NBA more interesting again. Kinda wish Cleveland had their best on the court like Golden State (Irvin & Love). oh well..

The one undeniable thing they do rank #1 in is having the best chemistry in the NBA.

In my opinion, as exciting as it is to compare them to the Space Jam Bulls Its waaay to early. Their only real challenge out of the west is San Antonio.

Agreed. San Antonio is the only real challenge....maybe OKC.
    One other thing I say to folks is most teams and athletes only play up to their competition. When Jordan played the Hawks, the Bulls didn't even really start playing until the 3rd quarter. When San Antonio plays a team, they don't usually go for KO scoring bouts. I think Golden State would've put them away last year even if they had their two players, but they were forced to play up to the competition. It's just what athletes/teams do. I agree I would've liked to see Cavs with their whole squad, but ppl can't forget that even when Kyrie played that first game for 99% of it, they still lost.
    They're proving again this year, why they were the best last year. There aren't many teams I can watch a whole game play now but GSW is one of the more entertaining.
  • luke1733
    i know this game is being watched. Gotta make predictions BEFORE the 4th qtr on it.
    I'm at work so I can't predict nothing, trying to hide and watch it at the same time
  • luke1733
    So ILL wrote: »

I guess it's not February yet or June
  • luke1733
    edited January 2016
    Crickets????
    GSW will keep winning anyway while excuses are made.
    Meanwhile, "I can still smell the champagne in the locker room"

1st, I could add to the records Steph Curry is breaking but I think we all get it. The team is absolutely phenomenal the way they play; not because of (outsdie of Curry) tremendous unseen talent.

Common thread I see going on here is Gregg Popovich. Might be cause I'm in Atlanta, but our coach here is a student of Pop, Steve Kerr is a student of Pop and Phil Jackson, Luke Walton (i hesitate before giving him credit) student of Phil. I think we are way beyond coincidence as to the mentality, strategy and way this team wins. It's a pedigree being instituted.

Big game next Monday against the Spurs.

Oh yeah, one more thing since I did say it: The Warriors would beat the Cavs even worse if Kyrie and Kevin Love were playing than they did when they weren't.
    Most great teams only play up to their competition. When Jordan played the Hawks the Bulls didn't even really play the first two quarters.
    They'd come in the fourth and beat us.
    When teams lack significant guys and win, often times folks get caught up in the hype; not seeing that the opposing team is only gonna play up to competition. If they don't have a game play for this new dude or that insignificant dude and then that guy turns out be a factor, then that team is going to have to figure things out. Seen it too many times.

At the end of the day; Spurs are a good team and can beat the Warriors and the Warriors are a great team that can beat the Spurs. I'm putting money on GSW but honestly I can't say it's impossible for the Spurs to win or another team from the East. These are all good teams and good games; fun to watch.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, u know u are "talking" to yourself, right?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited January 2016
    Any of you warriors fans down for the avi bet.

I forgot this team don't have any fans.
  • luke1733
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭