Hillary Clinton Demands Bernie Sanders Change Tone If He Wants More Debates

Options
janklow
janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
well this is... convenient:
Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton does not want to debate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) anymore, specifically avoiding a debate in New York, which is her current home state but also a place whose Democratic voters might be more receptive to Sanders. Her campaign has signaled it will refuse to participate in any further debates unless Sanders changes his tone.
truly the words of someone with the backbone to be president!
"This is a man who said he'd never run a negative ad ever. He's now running them. They're planning to run more," Clinton’s chief strategist, Joel Benenson complained to CNN. "Let's see the tone of the campaign he wants to run before we get to any other questions."

The Clinton campaign has been complaining about “negative ads” since January.

Hillary Clinton, who at a debate last year said Republicans were the enemy she was proudest of, is trying to engage in tone policing. It gets more ludicrous. At a speech in Wisconsin, Clinton sought to blame the rise of Donald Trump, who she calls an “extremist” like Ted Cruz, on Republicans in Washington not rolling over for the president.

“The same obstructionism that we’ve seen from Republicans since the beginning of the Obama administration, the same disregard for the rule of law that’s given rise of the extremist candidacies of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz,” Clinton said at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, “it’s corroding our democracy and it has to stop."

Wisconsin was the site in 2011 of mob politics, with protesters seeking to “occupy” the Capitol to prevent Gov. Scott Walker (R-Wisc.) from working toward union reforms. A small but loud minority, backed by powerful union special interests, tried to shout down the “democratic process” Clinton says she cares about. Walker’s legislation passed and he survived a recall. Liberals have even compared Walker to ? , and with frightening regularity challenge the intention of Walker and other non-liberals around the country. Such a polarization, naturally, contributed to the rise of Donald Trump, but heaven forbid anyone take responsibility for their roles in the rise of Trump instead of merely blaming the other side.

Clinton’s comment about “disregard for the rule of law” is particularly unbelievable. Clinton is currently embroiled in an FBI investigation over her use of a private server for her government email, which appears to be against the plain letter of the law. She continues to defend U.S. intervention in Libya, despite that intervention receiving no Congressional authorization and contributing to years of instability that have now allowed ISIS to take hold in that country. She was also secretary of state while the Obama administration massively expanded its drone bombings, which amount to little more than extrajudicial killings. She’s cheered as President Obama has sidestepped Congress to act unilaterally and in constitutionally dubious fashion on a slew of issues from immigration to healthcare reform.

If Donald Trump wins the presidency and takes power at the White House, his ability to act as a strongman will be thanks to the decades-long project of building an imperial presidency and consolidating executive power, one Barack Obama lamented when George W. Bush was president but embraced once he occupied the White House himself, with slogans ranging from “we can’t wait” (code for: I don’t want to treat Congress as a co-equal branch) to “I’ve got a phone and a pen” (a naked celebration of a strong executive made possible by an underlying disregard for the rule of law.)

Comments

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hilary fans are avoidIng this thread like the plague
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I loathe that woman in a way that is not healthy
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agreed that Hillary hate is natural and healthy.

But, Walker is a poor example. He and his friends in the Wisconsin State Government are heavily funded by the Kochs and have consistently created and passed legislation that hurts the working class. Act 10 and more recently a Right to Work bill. He's also a ? who continues to take money away from education because he doesn't have one.

• janklow
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    But, Walker is a poor example. He and his friends in the Wisconsin State Government are heavily funded by the Kochs and have consistently created and passed legislation that hurts the working class. Act 10 and more recently a Right to Work bill. He's also a ? who continues to take money away from education because he doesn't have one.
    eh, still don't consider him less of a ? than Hillary
  • (Nope)
    edited April 2016
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    eh, still don't consider him less of a ? than Hillary

I try to ignore her.

It's the novelty of the "Scott WalkerS" of the world that provokes me.

Although, she will directly contradict herself--whether or not I agree with her on a particular issue before or after the contradiction--thus appearing to be novel, and I want to dropkick her on GP.

The way you feel about guns is how I feel about the social safety net and the labor movement.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I demand Bernie sanders take a shower and stop looking like he just got out of bed
  • (Nope)
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    I demand Bernie sanders take a shower and stop looking like he just got out of bed

We both know that's not going to happen. He looks like he's been all up night for the past 30 years doing his taxes.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bernies posture is also atrocious.
  • janklow
    Options
    I try to ignore her.
    ultimately i feel like you can't ignore her if she's the "most likely candidate." i would like to say it's not that much of a lock, but i have to hear a steady MSM drumbeat about how she cannot lose.

anyway, same thing goes for Trump: fundamentally i try to ignore him, but if he's the leader for the GOP nomination, then i am compelled to spend more energy being furious with Republicans than i would like.
    The way you feel about guns is how I feel about the social safety net and the labor movement.
    some of that i feel can't ever be dismantled by politicians (try telling a hard-right voter FURIOUS about government spending on welfare what Social Security really is), but this is why i feel unions have (to some extent, as it's likely not totally voluntary) ? up by allowing themselves to used as partisan tools.

then again, i live in a blue state, so the guns/social programs balance doesn't go my way
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imagine having this ? in your living room for the next 4 years.

This ? is a "super predator" we can talk about how she got like that, but we must bring her to heel.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had this racist white ? I use to work with. She was conniving as ? and always wanted me to change my tone, same ? and logic. Fdb.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    Hilary fans are avoidIng this thread like the plague

• kingblaze84
    Options
    Bernie deserves the nomination over Hilary.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Imagine having this ? in your living room for the next 4 years.

This ? is a "super predator" we can talk about how she got like that, but we must bring her to heel.

The irony of that super predator statement is that she supported Al-Qaeda and its allies in Libya to help overthrow Gaddafi and his government. The way she sucks up to Israel and Benjamin Netanyahu ironically shows the world she supports super predators herself.
  • janklow
    Options
    Kai wrote: »
    if you don't like bernie's "tone" when he is simply stating facts about your record speaks volumes. him saying you take millions from the banks is not negative tone, it's straight facts. what do they say about folks who hate the truth?
    it boggles my mind because her main argument (well, when she's not pretending to be everything to everyone) is competency and effectiveness compared to Sanders (or whoever). and yet this ? ...

• kingblaze84
    Options
    Bernie got clobbered last night, he lost by about 20 points in NY.....if he doesn't win every state next week, and win by big margins, he should drop out. It's a shame he only recently started running a really good campaign. Hilary's machine is too strong for him.