Anybody Else Notice N.O.'s influence on the Bay Area?

2»

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Black folks in Cali have roots in Texas and louisiana

When I lived in LA I was amazed how much of their family are originally from Louisiana.

when black folks moved out the south, they mostly traveled by train line leading to many in the West being of Texas/Lousiana stock, Midwest-->everywhere but mostly Mississippi Delta and the Southeast as well as TN, AR etc., and the East Coast-->GA, NC, SC, VA

now with people moving back south you see a lot of people going back to where their grandparents and greatparents came from (LA and Chicago folks moving to Houston, NY/NJers moving to Atlanta and NC etc.)

Family_migration_routes_2.jpg
    image03a.png

Also one of the reasons why IMO Midwest cats sound like southerners because of the hypersegregation in MIdwest cities, yall never lost your country accents

I'm straight outta LA and we naturally vibe with N.O and Texas cats due to a lot of the OGs originally coming from there. Also we vibe with niccas from jersey too. Idk how or why but we have this funny connection with them in LA

OGs in LA started gangs in Jersey, unlike in NYC where they just adopted bloods and crips

thats why theres a Grape Street Crips in Newark

musically, we share a history of mixing funk and rap and we actually drive unlike NYers lol
  • StillFaggyAF
    Here's another good link....does this relate to yall families?

image00a.png
    Peep San Fran/Oakland
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Black folks in Cali have roots in Texas and louisiana

When I lived in LA I was amazed how much of their family are originally from Louisiana.

when black folks moved out the south, they mostly traveled by train line leading to many in the West being of Texas/Lousiana stock, Midwest-->everywhere but mostly Mississippi Delta and the Southeast as well as TN, AR etc., and the East Coast-->GA, NC, SC, VA

now with people moving back south you see a lot of people going back to where their grandparents and greatparents came from (LA and Chicago folks moving to Houston, NY/NJers moving to Atlanta and NC etc.)

Family_migration_routes_2.jpg
    image03a.png

Also one of the reasons why IMO Midwest cats sound like southerners because of the hypersegregation in MIdwest cities, yall never lost your country accents

I'm straight outta LA and we naturally vibe with N.O and Texas cats due to a lot of the OGs originally coming from there. Also we vibe with niccas from jersey too. Idk how or why but we have this funny connection with them in LA

OGs in LA started gangs in Jersey, unlike in NYC where they just adopted bloods and crips

thats why theres a Grape Street Crips in Newark

musically, we share a history of mixing funk and rap and we actually drive unlike NYers lol

I'm fully aware of this
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shout out to birdman
    lil b put respeck on his name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP_X0nZsuWg
  • StillFaggyAF
    welp i wasted five minutes typing that post
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn near every light skin chick in LA family is from Louisiana

I mean they was having Louisiana theme type parties

The creole is strong there.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bay and the South especially Texas has always ? with each other on the music tip. Always thought it was dope how the Bay and and the South always been cool