Vice:What It's Really Like to Fight for the Islamic State.. Raw headcam ISIS "fighters" in action...

2»

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    OhMars wrote: »
    Its crazy to me, the Quran explecetly states its straight hell for people that commit suicide, but these ? are steady blowing themselves up.

You speak or read Arabic? Or what ever the original language the Quran was written or spoken in?

Orrrrr do you have an American version which more often than not doesn't even have the same meaning by the end of the translation?

Eh that logic doesn't really apply since the Quran was written strictly in arabic unlike the bible which was written in Greek, Hebrew, and Latin with countless translations.

And Even still its a continuation of the bible and its made pretty clear suicide is stricly wrong. But the justification is that they are wagging Jihad.

The situation with radicalized Islam is very peculiar and nothing particularly new.

The og Quran was written in Arabic, there are qurans that are translated in other languages

Those other languages may or may not translate in meaning

I am asking does he speak Arabic or read Arabic because he would have or know the original meaning, even then the cultures are different now

For an example in their culture suicide could be the taking of ones life for no reason but a selfish one, but if I use my body for the intent of killing you then it isn't suicide

Like they don't look at "suicide" bombing as suicide, different culture different time

Im very interested in what the Quran has to say about suicide "bombing". Lol

Btw: I'm sure this conversation has put all of us on "the list".
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serious question tho: is there a worse religion than Islam?

I mean considering they have just as many pedos as the Catholics, it's really no contest, right?
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall must be some youtube scholars
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them ? was shootin at a mirage
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    OhMars wrote: »
    Yall must be some youtube scholars

I'm on your side @OhMars, the Quran is written in 'standard arabic', the arabic that most people learn when they learn arabic and if you're really going to learn arabic, you're definitely learning Quaranic arabic. From there are the various dialects, which can sound vastly different and different words altogether*.