Options
1235»

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    I said venerate not worship and think it's going to do more for you than outside of it's functions. Appreciation might be the better word. I don't think nothing else is gonna help me except for me and my folks and what nature has already done. Anything else is on my hands.

Worshiping the imagination what it creates is what many men do unless they can prove what they are worshiping is real.

remember I am not talking about the individual I am talking about what is good for society the concept of what a determines a "folk" come from a culture it does not stand on it's own if you change or destroy the culture you destroy the "folk". In Europe right now we see the results of a native culture after it has been eroded by atheism and leftism.

I don't see where the veneration of nature comes into your argument people have always appreciated nature that includes western people if you go to a museum there are many many many paintings of nature showing the people respect nature.

But in most successful civilizations people have philosophically recognized that there is more than nature only primitive societies only see man as part of nature and venerate nature

There is nothing more than nature that has been proven, man only survives do to nature. Modern science backs me on this one. Ancient man thought his mind exists outside of his body, but shut down his brain and even frontal lobe and the man could still function, but won't be himself.

The good of society is discover, explore, understand, provide food, clothing, shelter, and protection and how to increase it that doesn't exploit nature, overuse resources, and understand that defense is necessary. That is the best philosophy that one can have and you are saying for the good of society, what else could there be, believing you have something that you can't observe, record, measure, and test? It's just keeping man ignorant so you'll think he will behave and give you less fear of rebellion. Left and right has nothing to do with African people. We are far more complex than right or left ideology can even attribute.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said venerate not worship and think it's going to do more for you than outside of it's functions. Appreciation might be the better word. I don't think nothing else is gonna help me except for me and my folks and what nature has already done. Anything else is on my hands.

Worshiping the imagination what it creates is what many men do unless they can prove what they are worshiping is real.

remember I am not talking about the individual I am talking about what is good for society the concept of what a determines a "folk" come from a culture it does not stand on it's own if you change or destroy the culture you destroy the "folk". In Europe right now we see the results of a native culture after it has been eroded by atheism and leftism.

I don't see where the veneration of nature comes into your argument people have always appreciated nature that includes western people if you go to a museum there are many many many paintings of nature showing the people respect nature.

But in most successful civilizations people have philosophically recognized that there is more than nature only primitive societies only see man as part of nature and venerate nature

There is nothing more than nature that has been proven, man only survives do to nature. Modern science backs me on this one. Ancient man thought his mind exists outside of his body, but shut down his brain and even frontal lobe and the man could still function, but won't be himself.

The good of society is discover, explore, understand, provide food, clothing, shelter, and protection and how to increase it that doesn't exploit nature, overuse resources, and understand that defense is necessary. That is the best philosophy that one can have and you are saying for the good of society, what else could there be, believing you have something that you can't observe, record, measure, and test? It's just keeping man ignorant so you'll think he will behave and give you less fear of rebellion. Left and right has nothing to do with African people. We are far more complex than right or left ideology can even attribute.

You do realize that only believing in what you can prove and test is not an African way of thought??? It is totally European and modern. Sorry to tell you this but human society doesn't conform to logic. Human beings aren't vulcans and this isn't star trek.

WHAT history has proven is that people who worship Nature and have a philosophical perspective that man exists in Nature as only a part of nature always end up being conquered and that such cultures are primitive. The goals of metaphysical belief systems Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam etc etc etc... isn't simply getting you to behave their real goal is getting you to aspire to higher things spiritually uplifting man beyond Nature. To quote master Yoda " luminous beings we are not this crude matter".
  • zzombie
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You seem very concerned about what can be proved,logic and science... this is good but science is only meant to be a system for discovery and creating tools it's not suitable axis for society or human life to revolve around.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    You seem very concerned about what can be proved,logic and science... this is good but science is only meant to be a system for discovery and creating tools it's not suitable axis for society or human life to revolve around.

I don't have a problem with all things Europeans, but not everything European is a benefit especially subjective cultural basis.

But the scientific method is EVERYONE's creation.

You have to observe nature FIRST

Then measure

Then Test

And prove.

We didn't trust a cat with the Bow and arrow he had to perfect it for it spread so wide.
    It had to be efficient tool and it was the greatest technology that allowed us to dominant.
    Then stone housing and so and so forth, we studied nature and repeat it.

At the end of the day all living things are quantum particles having an experience whether they are trees, oranges, frogs, leopards, humans, Stars and etc. That's the greatest and deepest meaning.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

You do realize that only believing in what you can prove and test is not an African way of thought??? It is totally European and modern. Sorry to tell you this but human society doesn't conform to logic. Human beings aren't vulcans and this isn't star trek.

WHAT history has proven is that people who worship Nature and have a philosophical perspective that man exists in Nature as only a part of nature always end up being conquered and that such cultures are primitive. The goals of metaphysical belief systems Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam etc etc etc... isn't simply getting you to behave their real goal is getting you to aspire to higher things spiritually uplifting man beyond Nature. To quote master Yoda " luminous beings we are not this crude matter".

That suggest military power and they use science and technology to accomplish their goals and manpower. Humans want to believe they are special, not in the sense they are more special than anything else because it's a subjective term. But we are special in our unique way but don't let that get to our heads and we believe everything to the point we can't accept scientific models and why such information from bronze/iron age societies understandings be the end of all things.

• Ajackson17
    Options
    One more thing is that we need the scientific method because anyone can make claims about anything and have a movement pushing out pseudo nonsense. You cannot build a society on pseudoscience and a lot of people push that out.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/10/the-dangers-of-pseudoscience/?_r=0

This is why I stress science so much because you can literally perish because your science is faulty as hell. You don't want to test new medicines to make sure they are fit for long term use, welp let's say it goes to the children and your youth mess up, or what about to the women and it messes up their ability to have children.... I'm telling you that science is more than just discovery and tool making it's a barometer to make sure you don't be destroyed.
  • zzombie
    Options

I don't have a problem with all things Europeans, but not everything European is a benefit especially subjective cultural basis.

But the scientific method is EVERYONE's creation.

You have to observe nature FIRST

Then measure

Then Test

And prove.

We didn't trust a cat with the Bow and arrow he had to perfect it for it spread so wide.
    It had to be efficient tool and it was the greatest technology that allowed us to dominant.
    Then stone housing and so and so forth, we studied nature and repeat it.

At the end of the day all living things are quantum particles having an experience whether they are trees, oranges, frogs, leopards, humans, Stars and etc. That's the greatest and deepest meaning.

Science was created by western civilization but you wouldn't have the development of the scientific method without western civilization. The Aztecs didn't create science

The rest of your post makes no sense or is irrelevant, I can't tell if you are willfully missing the point or if you simply don't understand it.
  • zzombie
    edited May 2016
    Options
    One more thing is that we need the scientific method because anyone can make claims about anything and have a movement pushing out pseudo nonsense. You cannot build a society on pseudoscience and a lot of people push that out.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/10/the-dangers-of-pseudoscience/?_r=0

This is why I stress science so much because you can literally perish because your science is faulty as hell. You don't want to test new medicines to make sure they are fit for long term use, welp let's say it goes to the children and your youth mess up, or what about to the women and it messes up their ability to have children.... I'm telling you that science is more than just discovery and tool making it's a barometer to make sure you don't be destroyed.

What the hell does any of that have to do with the topic of discussion.. religion isn't a pseudeoscience it's not a science at all.

"It's a barometer to make sure you don't be destroyed" think about that for a second..... it's ? because If that were true there wouldn't be weapons of mass destruction.

It is scientific development without spiritual development that really threatens humanity
  • zzombie
    Options

That suggest military power and they use science and technology to accomplish their goals and manpower. Humans want to believe they are special, not in the sense they are more special than anything else because it's a subjective term. But we are special in our unique way but don't let that get to our heads and we believe everything to the point we can't accept scientific models and why such information from bronze/iron age societies understandings be the end of all things.

Before you can go to conquest you have to have a culture that is conducive to it. Religion is a transmitter of principles,values and customs.

Much of what you are saying now has nothing to do with what I or the video has said
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    If you don't realize everyone uses science and it's a process that humans use and you can read the rhind papyrus and see that it was developing into what we know as science. Europeans and other people perfected it. The Arabs and islamic Africans had a lot to do with the development.
  • zzombie
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If you don't realize everyone uses science and it's a process that humans use and you can read the rhind papyrus and see that it was developing into what we know as science. Europeans and other people perfected it. The Arabs and islamic Africans had a lot to do with the development.

That's not science. Science refers to the scientific method of discovery. the Egyptian methods of discovery were similar in some respects but different and dripping in mysticism.

WHAT made the methods of discovery in western civilization different is that it was an attempt to totally strip discovery of all mysticism and be systematic in doing so it also was applied to all areas in general
  • Ajackson17
    Options

That's not science. Science refers to the scientific method of discovery. the Egyptian methods of discovery were similar in some respects but different and dripping in mysticism.

WHAT made the methods of discovery in western civilization different is that it was an attempt to totally strip discovery of all mysticism and be systematic in doing so it also was applied to all areas in general

I said development not fully developed. Everything is a process.