The devil loves you

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
Think of this as a gateway

All this time, you've been told that ? loves you and the devil is your eternal enemy.

The truth? The devil has only ever wanted the best for you. For you to be the greatest version of yourself. Unfiltered and unapologetically so. The snake in the garden only wanted for you to see for yourself and to know for yourself, instead of someone else's version of reality. All of this time, you fought to avoid temptation, when really you were only being given an opportunity to take what you want, do what you want, and live YOUR truth.

What greater love is there than than someone who would risk their livelihood to eternal damnation and vilification to empower you and give you a fighting chance and freeing yourself? Asking nothing in return?

Now obviously, this is all allegorical symbolism and there is no devil, ? , snake, etc. Can but one of you answer what is so frightening about freedom? Daily, we want freedom from unjust laws and the evil deeds of man, and to do what we believe to be right. Yet, when it comes to religion, many of us would rather sacrifice their identity and knowledge of self to serve the will of someone else.

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The devil didn't really do anything bad in the Adam and Eve story. It simply wanted to give humans knowledge, clarity, and the ability to understand its environment. Considering the tyrannical and reckless Bible ? admits to creating calamity/evil, who can really blame Adam for eating that apple? Adam probably didn't trust the ? lol

Either way, clarity and freedom of thought are great things, nothing wrong with thinking for oneself, instead of one book doing all the thinking for you.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't go so far as to say "I love you" that's some ? ass ? .
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    totally missing the point of the story...smh the blind will stay blind
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    totally missing the point of the story...smh the blind will stay blind

School em fam
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shame the Devil and speak the truth somebody
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The devil loves me? The devil knew that without wisdom or understanding; knowledge of good and evil is a curse. I never knew of evil, so how could I avoid getting caught in the snares of evil? ? knew, ? said not to touch that ? , cuz ? knew without wisdom and understanding, knowledge of good and evil is a death sentence.

Devil didn't tell me, "oh btw, you won't have that knowledge right away, it gathers over time, mistake after mistake after mistake, and that's only if you learn from the mistake."
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KgH2yyMrm7Q/VY3r44-6FvI/AAAAAAAAi20/fVyf1d4AQzA/s3200/? -needs-satan-61288104589.jpeg[/img]
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    ^^^ we've been through this @kingblaze84 .... that's man's handiwork, not gods.
  • zzombie
    Options

Kingblaze knows that already he just doesn't care and wants to pretend otherwise nothing you or anyone says to him will matter.
  • Fosheezy
    Options

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KgH2yyMrm7Q/VY3r44-6FvI/AAAAAAAAi20/fVyf1d4AQzA/s3200/? -needs-satan-61288104589.jpeg[/img]

only proves how wicked/messed up mankind is
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The devil didn't really do anything bad in the Adam and Eve story. It simply wanted to give humans knowledge, clarity, and the ability to understand its environment. Considering the tyrannical and reckless Bible ? admits to creating calamity/evil, who can really blame Adam for eating that apple? Adam probably didn't trust the ? lol

Either way, clarity and freedom of thought are great things, nothing wrong with thinking for oneself, instead of one book doing all the thinking for you.
    @kingblaze84 have you seen that video claiming a little boy "schooling" his atheist teacher about ?

Saying ? didn't create evil, it's what happened when man doesn't have the love of ? in his heart or some ? like that?
    And cold is the absence of heat according to the law of physics

He said the physics analogy first I guess to pull the blanket over people's eyes, but I thought ? was omnipresent so there could never be a time when ? or his presence was absent

[y]https://youtu.be/Y3qjDF9ksJU[/y]
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2016
    Options

And what exactly is this "? " (which ? ?) doing about it? Humans have polluted and screwed up the world in many ways, true, but what exactly is this ? doing about the natural parasites and other horrors of the world? Is this ? really that lazy, or just a giant ? ? After all these years, let's be honest, humans aren't going to improve by much.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

only proves how wicked/messed up mankind is

Glad you said that....who made humans? And why were humans made so wicked and messed up, that's a sad reflection of the creator of humans.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2016
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »

@kingblaze84 have you seen that video claiming a little boy "schooling" his atheist teacher about ?

Saying ? didn't create evil, it's what happened when man doesn't have the love of ? in his heart or some ? like that?

He said the physics analogy first I guess to pull the blanket over people's eyes, but I thought ? was omnipresent so there could never be a time when ? or his presence was absent

I'm busy at work but I'll definitely be watching this video tonight.....looks very interesting.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Mankind was not made evil no sentient being was ever made evil.... all thinking creatures were made with possibility to do evil... A simple understanding of christian theodicy is usually all that is needed to dispel the ignorance that is passed around this sub-form.

The question of why is there evil if ? is GOOD has been answered many many many already there are whole libraries full with answers and solutions. THE RELIGIONS are thousands of years old don't you think believers have answered all these questions multiply times already??? but no matter what answer theist give you many people just won't accept it and even worse they usually cannot give proper reasoning behind why the solutions given to them are unacceptable.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Mankind was not made evil no sentient being was ever made evil.... all thinking creatures were made with possibility to do evil... A simple understanding of christian theodicy is usually all that is needed to dispel the ignorance that is passed around this sub-form.

The question of why is there evil if ? is GOOD has been answered many many many already there are whole libraries full with answers and solutions. THE RELIGIONS are thousands of years old don't you think believers have answered all these questions multiply times already??? but no matter what answer theist give you many people just won't accept it and even worse they usually cannot give proper reasoning behind why the solutions given to them are unacceptable.

Didn't the Bible ? admit to creating evil and calamity though? I'm open to maybe some other gods existing, but your ? clearly admits to creating evil and calamity. Shameful.

Lucifer>>>>>>>>pathetic Bible ?
  • Fosheezy
    Options

I'm busy at work but I'll definitely be watching this video tonight.....looks very interesting.
    It's only 2 min long video.

Btw ppl use those type of images to get emotional response from the audience which clouds their ability to think rationally...u atheist btw? Or agnostic ?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

And what exactly is this "? " (which ? ?) doing about it? Humans have polluted and screwed up the world in many ways, true, but what exactly is this ? doing about the natural parasites and other horrors of the world? Is this ? really that lazy, or just a giant ? ? After all these years, let's be honest, humans aren't going to improve by much.
    Humanity has to hit rock bottom first.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2016
    Options

Btw ppl use those type of images to get emotional response from the audience which clouds their ability to think rationally...u atheist btw? Or agnostic ?

Well I work a pretty busy job (law firm paralegal) and I can't get distracted watching videos now, but I'll check it out when I have time tonight. Images are powerful things and right or wrong, they usually get their point across.....

I lean towards there being some kind of higher power, but I'm not sure if this higher power is worthy of being called a ? or not. It could just be a giant magical guinea pig in the sky for all I know, so I guess you can classify me as being agnostic.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

How far to the bottom does humanity have to hit lol?? Many people are doing fine of course but BILLIONS of people are living horrible, awful lives, often from natural causes. And humans aren't going to be any less greedy or reckless with how they treat the environment and other people, wars will continue to rage and landfills are only going to get more overcrowded. Some places have already hit rock bottom, and yet the misery in some places continues.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

How far to the bottom does humanity have to hit lol?? Many people are doing fine of course but BILLIONS of people are living horrible, awful lives, often from natural causes. And humans aren't going to be any less greedy or reckless with how they treat the environment and other people, wars will continue to rage and landfills are only going to get more overcrowded. Some places have already hit rock bottom, and yet the misery in some places continues.

I think, you know, when the system crumbles, mass catastrophic destruction occurs world wide, basic survival ? ..... idk, it's hard to fathom how bad it could get.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    And you can thank the devil for all that cuz had humans not had the curse of learning from their mistakes, who knows what may have been.....
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The devil loves me? The devil knew that without wisdom or understanding; knowledge of good and evil is a curse. I never knew of evil, so how could I avoid getting caught in the snares of evil? ? knew, ? said not to touch that ? , cuz ? knew without wisdom and understanding, knowledge of good and evil is a death sentence.

Devil didn't tell me, "oh btw, you won't have that knowledge right away, it gathers over time, mistake after mistake after mistake, and that's only if you learn from the mistake."
    There is no wisdom without knowledge. That's called foolishness; to profess to understand without even knowing.
  • zzombie
    Options

There is no wisdom without knowledge. That's called foolishness; to profess to understand without even knowing.

YEAH NOW thanks to the snake
  • Fosheezy
    edited May 2016
    Options

Well I work a pretty busy job (law firm paralegal) and I can't get distracted watching videos now, but I'll check it out when I have time tonight. Images are powerful things and right or wrong, they usually get their point across.....

I lean towards there being some kind of higher power, but I'm not sure if this higher power is worthy of being called a ? or not. It could just be a giant magical guinea pig in the sky for all I know, so I guess you can classify me as being agnostic.

Gotcha. I was raised in a pro Christian household, at one point went agnostic for a few years without even knowing that's what it was called, but eventually i got cut spiritually/convicted when i sought council from a Christian minister during a time I was struggling with faith and the Bible. The same evening I caught a case and was facing felony charges. Made it out with misdemeanor but another story. Ever since then I pretty much been a Bible student and renewed my stance as a Christian (stil WIP) .