Why dont White people support other White rappers????????????

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I'm gonna treat this question seriously just for the hell of it.

Eminem blew up at a very prosperous time for the rap business in general. Since then, he's been able to keep his business afloat. He's got old and young fans now. He's part of that small number of rap artists that can safely call themselves the "establishment" of the genre.

As for other white rappers, I don't think there's been any since Eminem that had as broad of an appeal as him. Bubba Sparxxx is a hick. Asher Roth is a Jew. Paul Wall is a ? .

And as for ICP, their last album may have flopped but they have one of the most rabid, dedicated fanbases out of anybody in the game. The Juggalos are terrifying in their cult-like devotion to their favorite ? lyricists. But even with that following, the ICP still doesn't have mainstream appeal. Most whites probably consider them to be buffoons or backyard pro wrestling retards.

So until Bo Yo blows up, Eminem will be the only official white rapper.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I'm laughing right now, Man. Pitbull is Latino!!!!!
    Nope he's half white which would make him a "white-man" according to non-racists who dont believe that recessive genes automatically make you whatever dominate gene you are mixed with.

..and M.C. Search tackled racism instead of embracing it like other white rappers.
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Nope he's half white which would make him a "white-man" according to non-racists who dont believe that recessive genes automatically make you whatever dominate gene you are mixed with.

..and M.C. Search tackled racism instead of embracing it like other white rappers.
    That's true and I do like 3rd Bass. The Cactus Album
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    out of all the other major label rappers eminem is the only one who stands out? comparing him to paul wall or bubba is like comparing nappy roots or mike jones to jay-z. icp are the worst things in music ever btw. plus ive seen alot of white ppl say they are huge rap fans but hate eminem so my guess is that they are jealous of him being prosperous in a black mans culture so it goes for the rest of them. love lil wyte tho. and the first 4 on your underground list i love rugged man is the illest ever and you forgot ill bill, cage, and slug. paul wall can rap decent but his "act" just makes me dislike him. loved deliverance by bubba sparxxx he kept it real as hell bein country till he came out with the ying yang twins. wtf. anyway i support all real hip hop but some ppl are just plain haters
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Correct, that's what I meant.

Who's the greatest white rapper in ALL of hip hop??

? probably eminem is. him or ra the rugged man
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Icp was never be able to attract mainstream because of there horrorcore style same goes for necro
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Necro
    ICP
    Apathy
    and all those underground cats have LOADS of support from white fans,
    you think just cause they are underground they arent successful?

if that was true they would have stopped rapping
    they all pull huge shows and do serious underground numbers.

and just for the record, bubba sparxxx's deleviernce was SLEPT on
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    ICP is ? garbage...but out of everyone else that you mentioned eminem and paul wall are the only ones with a decent black fan base and so whites know its cool to support them cuz they have some credibility..

but paul wall still flopped cuz most of his music sucks too...so that just leaves you with one white rapper who has support from alot of people from alot of different races and has dope music
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
  • cubaroid
    cubaroid Members Posts: 483
    edited July 2010
    lol i just remembered that i have MMLP CD somewhere ..
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    the mainstream white rappers and garbage, and the underground white rappers get as much if not more love than black underground rappers. is not that they don't get shine because they're white, it's because of their sound
  • genocide_cutter
    edited July 2010
    a little of topic but has anyone heard of mars
  • cubaroid
    edited July 2010
    and termanology is dope , the album wasnt all that tho
  • dj expanium
    edited July 2010
    shtoopid wrote: »
    the mainstream white rappers and garbage, and the underground white rappers get as much if not more love than black underground rappers. is not that they don't get shine because they're white, it's because of their sound
    More of them than most try to keep the essence of Hip-Hop over anything else.
    a little of topic but has anyone heard of mars
    Mars who?
    cubaroid wrote: »
    and termanology is dope , the album wasnt all that tho
    Termanology is Latino.
  • cubaroid
    edited July 2010

Mars who?

Termanology is Latino.

hes part french i think, but yea hes latino
  • genocide_cutter
    edited July 2010

Mars who?

Termanology is Latino.

the mars that wears the hannibal mask
  • dj expanium
    edited July 2010
    cubaroid wrote: »
    hes part french i think, but yea hes latino
    I didn't know that either, if he is.
    the mars that wears the hannibal mask
    I'll have to check him out.
  • genocide_cutter
    edited July 2010
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    (SmH @ another corny sales thread, H-rap you suck!)

So many wonderful white people say they support HipHop by buying rap albums.

So why is Emenim the only white rapper that is selling albums???

Sure the Beastie Boys last album went platinum but what about these....

Everlast last album flopped
    Insane Clown Posse last album flopped
    Paul Wall last album flopped (Major label)
    Bubba Sparxxx last album flopped (Major label)
    Asher Roth last album flopped (damn he was on a major too)
    LiL Whyte's albums flopped (major label debut flopped)

So many skilled white rappers in the underground dont get the support that they deserve from their own white fans...rappers like:

Necro
    Brother Ali
    R.A.
    Vinnie Paz
    El.P
    Eyedea
    Termanology

Dudes, you guys are 65% of the total U.S population and 80% buyers of hiphop and you have more disposable income than others, so why dont you support white rappers who deserve your support. Or is Emenim the only good rapper worth supporting in the entire universe of HipHop??

Too be fair Icp already have to 2 platnuem albums
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    With Eminem he has all depts covered.best producer,cosign from a legend(dre)talent,best promo,and white.Those dudes got the white part but,not Em's position.Jimmy is a boss and Em is right under him.None of the other white rappers have a label situation

even close to what Em has.Then Em put himself out in the field battling when it was really important.I think with white ppl they either love Em or hate Em and any white rapper cuz in their minds hip hop is a black thing and they like the fantasy of feeling close to black ppl.

Some others may have a darker reason.they only like to see blacks portrayed the way we're portrayed in hip hop not another white person.Simply white rappers don't really work for the most part.there's only a few.They can ? the underground though cuz it's about talent.

Em was the only white rapper who could market what he did to other whites like the beastie Boys.Most white rappers were trying to be black.Em be on his wanna be ? too but he does it in a smart way totally aware of himself and being white.The real question is why aren't more black mcs selling like Em.We know why?
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    most of them white rappers sucks, what the ? is a bubba sparx?
    only dope white rappers are: Brother Ali, R.A., cage used to be good but sucks now, El-P but he's too alternative for most ? , Aesop Rock, vinnie p is average, everlast is wack, icp is ? , lil wyte is a joke kinda like southern kfed if u ask me.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    loch121 wrote: »
    With Eminem he has all depts covered.best producer,cosign from a legend(dre)talent,best promo,and white.Those dudes got the white part but,not Em's position.Jimmy is a boss and Em is right under him.None of the other white rappers have a label situation

even close to what Em has.Then Em put himself out in the field battling when it was really important.I think with white ppl they either love Em or hate Em and any white rapper cuz in their minds hip hop is a black thing and they like the fantasy of feeling close to black ppl.

Some others may have a darker reason.they only like to see blacks portrayed the way we're portrayed in hip hop not another white person.Simply white rappers don't really work for the most part.there's only a few.They can ? the underground though cuz it's about talent.

Em was the only white rapper who could market what he did to other whites like the beastie Boys.Most white rappers were trying to be black.Em be on his wanna be ? too but he does it in a smart way totally aware of himself and being white.The real question is why aren't more black mcs selling like Em.We know why?

Well said...
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Everybody who attends Penn State listens to Asher Roth.

FACT
  • BillDance
    BillDance Members Posts: 1,008
    edited July 2010
    Everybody who attends Penn State listens to Asher Roth.

FACT

Cool-Dog-Hey-Cool-story-bro41.jpg that means he's going to go platinum anyday no
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    BillDance wrote: »
    that means he's going to go platinum anyday no

Word? A million people go to Penn State?

Why you mad.
  • gak7
    gak7 Members Posts: 406
    edited July 2010
    "So many wonderful white people say they support HipHop by buying rap albums.

So why is Emenim the only white rapper that is selling albums???"

Notice you said white people say they support HIPHOP, they didnt say white people...
    its almost racist to even ask this question,

how about ? white ? black, I listen to hiphop..white or black purple..? it