Doom vs wolfenstien. who stood the time of time

2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
i am talking from the first to the latest.

which would you rather play ...lets talk about it

Comments

• HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember taking down ? in that robot suit lol, use to play that ? on pc at a friends house, computer was so sophisticated it blew my mind, had a audio greeting when it started up, friends oldest brother was on some next lvl ? back in the early 90s lol, think we used cheatcodes or bugs to beat the game though

Mein Leben!

Dont remember playing doom 2, last I played was 3 on the og xbox, was more survival horror than an all out shooter but it was still awesome..

I ? with Wolfenstein more due to nostalgia ,read great reviews about the new doom though, ? went back to its roots, gameplay orientated again.

I hope they bring Quake back, the last great deathmatch/multiplayer shooter I played was Quake 3 Arena...unreal championship games in the og xbox were fiya aswell...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    I remember taking down ? in that robot suit lol, use to play that ? on pc at a friends house, computer was so sophisticated it blew my mind, had a audio greeting when it started up, friends oldest brother was on some next lvl ? back in the early 90s lol, think we used cheatcodes or bugs to beat the game though

Mein Leben!

Dont remember playing doom 2, last I played was 3 on the og xbox, was more survival horror than an all out shooter but it was still awesome..

I ? with Wolfenstein more due to nostalgia ,read great reviews about the new doom though, ? went back to its roots, gameplay orientated again.

I hope they bring Quake back, the last great deathmatch/multiplayer shooter I played was Quake 3 Arena...unreal championship games in the og xbox were fiya aswell...

awww ? .......the man said quake

that has to be my all time favorite....but i seem to had forgot about it.

i think thats where the term BFG came from
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfenstien since it actually has a story but neither personally. FPS is just an outdated genre that survives off MP.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Used to play both on my old man's PC back in the early 90s but preferred Doom. It just left a lasting impression on me. Nothing quite like it at the time. It was Wolfenstein 3D on steroids.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mein Leben!

awww ? .......the man said quake

that has to be my all time favorite....but i seem to had forgot about it.

i think thats where the term BFG came from

Nah it came from Doom.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    Used to play both on my old man's PC back in the early 90s but preferred Doom. It just left a lasting impression on me. Nothing quite like it at the time. It was Wolfenstein 3D on steroids.

That's how it was for me when I played it on a family friend's PC. Then I realized the only thing special about it was that it was the first FPS I played and the theme at the time was different from all the Nintendo/Sega games, but as a game it was mediocre. Games like Metroid, Mario, Sonic, Zelda and Castlevania destroyed it.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doom...

Remember Heretic? Corridor 7?

Or the GOAT: Terminal Terror?

• 2stepz_ahead
    i remember heretic...good game