The Official 2015/16 Football/Soccer Thread

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 mil for 29 year old with one good season? You ? can have him
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vardy got at-least 2 to 3 season left in him.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giroud with a great goal
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yung$ wrote: »
    whats thsi Vardy to ARsenal? bleacher report

Arsenal have triggered his release clause of £20million. Ranieri's confirmed it too.

And there was me hoping that Leicester would have been able to keep their team together and build a dynasty. If he signs for Arsenal considering Leicester dragged him out the lower divisions then it'll reinforce the fact that footballers really are disloyal mercenaries by nature.

I wanted to see what they could have done this season with their team intact and adding some players in. But I kinda knew that bigger teams were going to close in and buy their star players.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figo wrote: »
    vardy got at-least 2 to 3 season left in him.

Thats what Im saying, so for me he has to move this/next season if he is gonna move, a club will want them last years of his career for £20mil and he will need to settle down get comfortable which could take a while ... If he has a bad or average season next season his big move will probably be off IMO as he would be an even bigger gamble...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Nah man I can't see Vardy bangin' more than 10 or so Prem goals next year. True he could be a late bloomer like Di Natalie, but nah I don't see it
  • water ur seeds
    Nah man I can't see Vardy bangin' more than 10 or so Prem goals next year. True he could be a late bloomer like Di Natalie, but nah I don't see it

Yeah Im thinking the same, I also think he has the perfect system set up for at Leicester, team spirit and chemistry must be at like !00%, why change a good thing??? He has the Euros and CL football coming up, he should just chill...
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

He already is a late Bloomer, I hope arsene FC does buy him and he turns out to be 2016 Francis Jeffers
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arsenal and their ilk don't come along every day and Vardy's no spring chicken. It wasn't like he was on big wages since the age of 18; I say let him cook and get that one big paycheck (pension fund).

Plus he just got married the other day so you know his wife is looking for that London WAG lifestyle!
  • CeLLaR-DooR

Yeah Im thinking the same, I also think he has the perfect system set up for at Leicester, team spirit and chemistry must be at like !00%, why change a good thing??? He has the Euros and CL football coming up, he should just chill...

Usually when people say that I say he should have ambition and go, but since he's already got the most precious title medal ever, I wouldn't be mad if he stayed

That said, playin' for a top club is a great honour and I'd def go
  • Figo
    what yall doing with memphis?? he stays or gone?
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you take him at inter
  • Figo

Would you take him at inter

yea man. quick. moreso on the strength of him being 22. he have a lot of time to develop into something special. but he has to work harder on the pitch
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arsenal and their ilk don't come along every day and Vardy's no spring chicken. It wasn't like he was on big wages since the age of 18; I say let him cook and get that one big paycheck (pension fund).

Plus he just got married the other day so you know his wife is looking for that London WAG lifestyle!

I rather have them break the bank on Lukaku who not only seasoned, but has an extremely bright future.
  • water ur seeds

Usually when people say that I say he should have ambition and go, but since he's already got the most precious title medal ever, I wouldn't be mad if he stayed

That said, playin' for a top club is a great honour and I'd def go

Yeah, normally you would want a player to have ambition and go, or not be mad about them going but the Leicester situation isnt a normal one, they just won the league that is straight from a fairytale, so you would like to see the players stay together and have a run in Europe...
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mseries_ wrote: »

He already is a late Bloomer, I hope arsene FC does buy him and he turns out to be 2016 Francis Jeffers

The fox in the box!!!
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that Senegal team in 2002 had some of the best players names in football to me.
    they lost that quarter final game against Turkey in the 94th min, smh

That Senegal team was no joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqGniuFzHSw

Lol at France Africa catching L's from African teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA_iH6MwODw

M'boma was the truth.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Randal Azofeifa, that's a ? name
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    good result for USA today if PAR vs C. RICA draw
  • Young_Chitlin
    Tico defender kicked the ? out of the paraguayo
  • Young_Chitlin