Georgia GOP Senator’s Prayer For Obama: ‘Let His Days Be Few...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-perdue-let-obamas-days-be-few
Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) raised eyebrows at a conservative confab on Friday by offering a prayer for President Barack Obama that hinted at the sinister.

“In his role as President, I think we should pray for Barack Obama. But I think we need to be very specific about how we pray,” Perdue told the audience at the Faith and Freedom Coalition conference in Washington, D.C. “We should pray like Psalm 109:8 says, that says, ‘let his days be few.’”

After waiting a beat, Perdue said, “And let another have his office,’” drawing laughter from the audience.

As observers on Twitter quickly pointed out, the full Biblical passage is significantly more ominous.

“May his days be few; may another take his office,” the cited section reads.

“May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow! May his children wander about and beg, seeking food far from the ruins they inhabit!” the next section continues.

Conservatives had latched onto this particular passage earlier in Obama’s presidency, sharing it on memes and printing it on bumper stickers and t-shirts.

Adam Jentleson, spokesperson for Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), said remarks like this are how the GOP ended up with Donald Trump as a nominee.

Perdue spokeswoman Caroline Vanvick said in a statement to Bloomberg that the Georgia senator "in no way wishes harm towards our president."

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obama is a sellout anyway.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antlerz wrote: »
    I never seen a president get so disrespected.

? , he allowed it. He could have put a stop to it his 1st term, but kept being meek.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost313 wrote: »

? , he allowed it. He could have put a stop to it his 1st term, but kept being meek.

? legit say this like he on the block
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but but but the only thang that matters is class and gween tho
    if only obama was in a higher class and had mo money than................... it ain't about race
  • Ghost313
    edited June 2016
    S2J wrote: »

Technically, POTUS is 1 of the top 10 gangsters in the world. He can take out anybody's block at anytime without justifiable cause.

I'm not saying he should have sent a Seal team to take mufuckas out. I'm saying that when that butch showed up on the tarmac, and put her finger in his face, he should have did something, when dude disrespected him in front of Congress, he should have did something. CACS do not fear/respect the meek.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/david-purdue-obama-pray-224185#ixzz4BC9MBZep
    Asked if he regretted his remarks in an interview afterward, Perdue answered: "Of course not."

"It was a little humor and I said it in a way that we were talking about his days as president," Perdue said. "So I said 'May his days be few,' and that’s a direct quote from the Scripture. And I set it up by saying, in relation to his being in the office of the presidency."

As far as the lines that followed the verse he quoted, Perdue said it is "really unfortunate" that people are reading those into his prayer.

"The way we set it up was to make sure that it wasn’t the case," he added. "There was no intention to be derogatory at all. It was a little humor.”

Perdue spokeswoman Megan Whittemore said after this article was first published that Perdue "in no way wishes harm towards our president and everyone in the room understood that."

"However, we should add the media to our prayer list because they are pushing a narrative to create controversy and that is exactly what the American people are tired of," she added.

Later in the afternoon, the White House weighed in on the remarks.

“I did make note of Senator Perdue's comments," press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters. "As Senator Perdue considers whether or not an apology is appropriate, there a variety of other Scripture he might consult."

Smh...

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    When they ? us he asks us to pray, sing, and settle down.....
    They turn around and sing and pray for him to be killed.......

• manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Technically, POTUS is 1 of the top 10 gangsters in the world. He can take out anybody's block at anytime without justifiable cause.

I'm not saying he should have sent a Seal team to take mufuckas out. I'm saying that when that butch showed up on the tarmac, and put her finger in his face, he should have did something, when dude disrespected him in front of Congress, he should have did something. CACS do not fear/respect the meek.

What could he have done or said except laugh at the hoe, that wouldn't have been monumentally negative for him?? I swear ? assume u can be hood in every case. The reason Obama is such a great leader is because he knows when and how to apply pressure. These muthafuckas can say whatever the ? they want.

Obama been ? on all of them with executive orders. Hillary will continue most of his policies when she's in office. How the ? does a ? ass ? in Georgia chirping change that?? Republican party is and will be in literal shambles once trump loses, and Obama will be collecting book royalties and speaking fees. He ain't got no worries, bruh
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why their party is in shambles now...
  • Ghost313
    edited June 2016

What could he have done or said except laugh at the hoe, that wouldn't have been monumentally negative for him?? I swear ? assume u can be hood in every case. The reason Obama is such a great leader is because he knows when and how to apply pressure. These muthafuckas can say whatever the ? they want.

Obama been ? on all of them with executive orders. Hillary will continue most of his policies when she's in office. How the ? does a ? ass ? in Georgia chirping change that?? Republican party is and will be in literal shambles once trump loses, and Obama will be collecting book royalties and speaking fees. He ain't got no worries, bruh

Let's agree to disagree. You are taking this into a different accord. There is a difference between being "hood" and sending a stern message to another adult that you are not to be disrespected.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's agree to disagree. You are taking this into a different according. There is a difference between being "hood" and sending a stern message to another adult that you are not to be disrespected.

Jan Brewer is the one that came out looking like an idiot in that situation. Even then, she tried to spin it to make it look like she was defending herself talking about, Obama was mean to her and lectured her like a child.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's got like 6 months left.... ? ? senator.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typical Christian, praying for the inevitable.

And that's if we believe he's talking about what he said he was, which we dont.

What's next, praying for sunset so they can say "Look at ? !"?
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been going on for years now too, like since 09. They even got that book-verse on shirts.....

Psalm+t-shirts.jpg

At first I didn't like it cause I thought it was just whiteys doing what whiteys do, but now. Heck yeah, someone get this mentally ill ? , his entire trans cabinet, and his "wife" out of office.....
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, oh, oh, and when he leaves and whitey roaming free in that White Sex House w/ his sick perversions, I still wouldn't care if they purged it....
  • Scroter
    Scroter Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    lest ye giveth thine senator aids and hpv mouth amen