Im Tryna Be As Big As TOOKIE NIGGUH..

jeffbundles
jeffbundles Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
im tryna build my weight up, i eat all the time and i work out more than at least 3 times a weak, nothing intense but you know the usual push ups, playing ball, long walks etc, and im not putting on weight everytime i try protein i get the runs and bubble guts and i feel like what im doing is not effective whats the best plan for gaining weight. sometimes i feel like i am getting big but then i dont really see the difference or i get big for one day and then get back to regular size i thought about creatine but ive heard so much bad ? its not even worth trying is there a way i can get swole with out having to go completely out my way. im just tryna work out at home using body weight or body excersizes like push ups and etc to gain mass

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eat more. Focus on deadlifts, squats and bench press. Those are the big three that are praised for building mass.

I find tuna sandwiches on whole wheat with omega3 enhanced mayo is a healthful way to pack on mass. Wash it down with a banana and strawberry milk shake. Almonds are very calorie heavy too. If you want to add mass they can be your best friend.

Creatine is good for adding mass but lots will be water weight. You will see stronger lifts and increased size though.

Mass is not added by doing lots of sets or reps. To quote Elliot Hulse: "who the ? does 100 chin ups?" It is added most effectively in the 8-10 rep range with heavy weight or long periods of time under pressure (slower reps). At least in my experience.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ thread title deadprez back on my regimen.
  • jeffbundles
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Eat more. Focus on deadlifts, squats and bench press. Those are the big three that are praised for building mass.

I find tuna sandwiches on whole wheat with omega3 enhanced mayo is a healthful way to pack on mass. Wash it down with a banana and strawberry milk shake. Almonds are very calorie heavy too. If you want to add mass they can be your best friend.

Creatine is good for adding mass but lots will be water weight. You will see stronger lifts and increased size though.

Mass is not added by doing lots of sets or reps. To quote Elliot Hulse: "who the ? does 100 chin ups?" It is added most effectively in the 8-10 rep range with heavy weight or long periods of time under pressure (slower reps). At least in my experience.

thanks i heard if you stop creatine then you end up going back to small size is it something that i have to continuously invest in or always purchase to get my size up.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LUClEN

thanks i heard if you stop creatine then you end up going back to small size is it something that i have to continuously invest in or always purchase to get my size up.

You heard right. I recently just experienced that. The size loss wasn't such a bad but the strength loss is a real downer. You can get creatine monohydrate in bulk for very cheap though so it's not too expensive to get a years supply worth.
  • jeffbundles

You heard right. I recently just experienced that. The size loss wasn't such a bad but the strength loss is a real downer. You can get creatine monohydrate in bulk for very cheap though so it's not too expensive to get a years supply worth.

but bro does whey protien increase your strength as well, and if you stop will it take away cause my main issue is yeah it wouldnt be bad to get bigger but losing my vim is not in the plan thats some bolshit tho creatine get ? thinkin the vin diesel til they supply run out

• LUClEN
    Protein is just for convenience. If you run out of protein you wont lose gains as long as you keep your protein consumption the same. Protein powder isnt even necessary, you could get the same effect by simply eating more protein in your meals
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much you weigh now? I been there before and know how it is to try and put on weight. But it's more than just protein, its the total macronutrients you have to calculate daily to get results you want. Calories, protein, carbohydrates, and fats.

When I was bulking with all the creatine, and protein shakes I usually to paid attention to my calories and protein intake. I gained up to 30lbs but I probably would've gained more and saw better results if I calculated everything.

They have numeric systems that go off your weight/height that can give you a daily diet. Best one I heard is myfitnesspal some bodybuilders use. But far as protein from most I read you're suppose to put in 1.1-1.5 grams of protein x your body weight to gain muscle or maintain it.

So for example I started off at 150, according to my weight im suppose to eat up to 165-225 grams a day. I can keep going but Im wait on your feed back lol. Its confusing as hell at first but once you get it down you.
  • LUClEN
    if you dont mind gaining fat staying carbed up will keep insulin levels high

it's a well kept secret that insulin is more anabolic than testosterone
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most has been said but maybe you could hit up a gym nearby and consult a personal trainer. Because you work out at home I assume you only work out with your own weight (ie pushups, situps, chinups etc.). To grow you have to work with more than your own weight...
  • ill_lojikal_kon
    ill_lojikal_kon Members Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Kinda hard to bulk when you do a lot of cardio based activities.

As mentioned before, eat more, lift heavy. Your base supps should be creatine and protein. Slept on piece of advise, adequate rest. You actually grow muscle while you sleep after exercising it.
  • bigstevie
    bigstevie Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Creatine pushes water into muscles...will make u bigger n stronger...once off you excrete the water so...yea...protein is the building block...how your muscles heal...you're not doing anything to make the muscles want n need to get bigger...iron brah...bang out n eat...everyone says they wat a lot but in reality its what you're eating...not how much...creatine isn't needed as much as amino acids...but that's just me
  • bigstevie
    bigstevie Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    kAjUn wrote: »
    How much you weigh now? I been there before and know how it is to try and put on weight. But it's more than just protein, its the total macronutrients you have to calculate daily to get results you want. Calories, protein, carbohydrates, and fats.

When I was bulking with all the creatine, and protein shakes I usually to paid attention to my calories and protein intake. I gained up to 30lbs but I probably would've gained more and saw better results if I calculated everything.

They have numeric systems that go off your weight/height that can give you a daily diet. Best one I heard is myfitnesspal some bodybuilders use. But far as protein from most I read you're suppose to put in 1.1-1.5 grams of protein x your body weight to gain muscle or maintain it.

So for example I started off at 150, according to my weight im suppose to eat up to 165-225 grams a day. I can keep going but Im wait on your feed back lol. Its confusing as hell at first but once you get it down you.
    P.s. unless you're enhanced you would b fine with a gram per lb
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Earlier this year I gained some mass by wearing sun block upf clothing during the day time hours. This helps slow down your metabolism. And a couple weeks ago I learned of a new technique called body scaling. This is basically lifting irregular shaped objects relative to your size. It also consists of lifting closer to the center of gravity. A simple exercise to do is to lay on the floor on your side and lift your leg for about 50 reps. You can make it harder by using ankle weights. you can also do reps with your arms like this. It really works. you can also try walking around with like 1 or 2Ib weights in a backpack. Doing this right before playing basketball will make your feet lighter on the courts.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working out 3 times a week without an intense routine is going to add mass at all. Though you can gain size with calisthenics, it has to be very intense, especially since you're not using weights. I would suggest eating clean protein (chicken, turkey, etc), joining a gym (stop being cheap), and lifting heavy but responsibly with proper form.

Also, Elliot Hustle is that dude. I just started watching his videos.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lift heavy, few reps, 5 times a week with 2 rest days, eat small meal every 3 hrs, get 8 hrs of sleep
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Start now, where your testosterone is at its max. T LEVELS start falling off after or at age 30.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    swallow whole yeast packets and chug with chocolate milk
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im tryna build my weight up, i eat all the time and i work out more than at least 3 times a weak, nothing intense but you know the usual push ups, playing ball, long walks etc, and im not putting on weight everytime i try protein i get the runs and bubble guts and i feel like what im doing is not effective whats the best plan for gaining weight. sometimes i feel like i am getting big but then i dont really see the difference or i get big for one day and then get back to regular size i thought about creatine but ive heard so much bad ? its not even worth trying is there a way i can get swole with out having to go completely out my way. im just tryna work out at home using body weight or body excersizes like push ups and etc to gain mass

You still working out?? @jeffbundles
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swallow raw yeast packets wit chocolate milk
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dude was trying to build mass by going on long walks? Sure this wasn't a troll thread?
  • LUClEN
    2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a such thing as too much protein per day @LUClEN
  • LUClEN
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Is there a such thing as too much protein per day @LUClEN

Yeah. If you don't keep hydrated properly high protein can cause kidney stones. When that happens you're probably eating too much and not drinking enough water